Alien 1/6 hive

zuckuss77

Its a rainy Sunday here in Florida ,so i figured to have extra time to share on my favorite site.I made this a year ago, in the shed for now due to the size but i never really posted it here.If there's anyone would like to do this ( with serous intentions ) i would be more than happy to give a ( how to ) in this thread.
Thanks for any comments!!!!!!

Heres a stand out picture, and yes this thing is huge!
100_1558.jpg

100_1239.jpg

100_1235.jpg

I will add more if you guys want me too....

Nice job! I like the one alien coming out of the hole in the ground. Just curious - why is the Pred standing on a red square?
It was the original paint scheme it changed alot with phases of being done.Its not finish yet ,it is a long on going project for me.I was waiting to move in a house to make some final paint schemes.The red was a early paint job the first pictures is primer on those areas.

Heres the original concept with the alien coming out of the wall.Its needs more work to fit him into it right.He fell out and broke his leg (due to hot toys aliens figure are crap)
100_1169.jpg

imagine if we had this kinda stuff when we were kids,......
all i had was a handfull of gi-joes and the whole yard to play in ,...
thats about it,....

very bad-ass work ,....
very meticulous ,...
in short,.....wish i had one =( maybe that'll be a new project for me later on down the road,....

hope it turns out half as good as yours,....

Thanks for the comments guys , philby if you ever wanted to build one i totally help you make it badass.I dont think it was a ton of talet that made this more knowing what to use was most of it.Heres more pitures for fun.

gaurdian23.jpg

hive2.jpg

100_1311.jpg

Sorry if theres repeats on other threads just loved share and looking at new stuff

good heavens... what a diorama... very fantastic. it's like from a real movie. if i have that i will take tons of pics
very very good

imagine if we had this kinda stuff when we were kids,......
all i had was a handfull of gi-joes and the whole yard to play in ,...
thats about it,....

very bad-ass work ,....
very meticulous ,...
in short,.....wish i had one =( maybe that'll be a new project for me later on down the road,....

hope it turns out half as good as yours,.... :(

Lol, I know exactly what you mean. I feel like I spend half my time [and all my money] as an adult getting stuff I would have loved to have had as a kid, if only I'd had the finances, knowledge and access.

I hate the idea that as soon as you get past 16 [or whatever] you're supposed to stop playing with stuff, or being imaginative. Although now I do collect things for the sake of collecting them [i.e. keeping them boxed & on display] I do still have plenty of unboxed stuff, and yes, sometimes, I do play with it.

More than that fun aspect, I think toys/ action figures/ models / whatever you want to call them, both inspire and to some extent enable people to be really creative - I mean, look at what your friend has done, building that entire set, that's awesome - and then the other pictures I've seen on this site, like masks people are sculpting, or costumes they've spent hours painstakingly putting together - it's fantastic that people can be so innovative and enthusiastic about something - two qualities that we always seem to encourage in children, but seem to have most of our grown up lives having methodically squashed out of us.

Sorry, random rant. :down:

I still have my G.I. Joes.... well, Action Men, that's the UK version. They have better articulation. :p I'd love a hot toys Predator though. I'm surprised at.... I'm sorry, I can't remember the guy's name, you know the one who made the Alien set - he said the Hot toys Aliens suck [cause the leg broke when he put it in the hole]? I'd heard Hot Toys are supposed to be like, the mecca for all Action Figures. Is it just the Alien ones that are bad, or is their whole reputation exaggerated? o_O

I still have my G.I. Joes.... well, Action Men, that's the UK version. They have better articulation. ;) I'd love a hot toys Predator though. I'm surprised at.... I'm sorry, I can't remember the guy's name, you know the one who made the Alien set - he said the Hot toys Aliens suck [cause the leg broke when he put it in the hole]? I'd heard Hot Toys are supposed to be like, the mecca for all Action Figures. Is it just the Alien ones that are bad, or is their whole reputation exaggerated? o_O
Hot toys make amazing figures but the aliens they made have problems.Its well known that the alien warrior falls and breaks real easy.But hots toys do make great figures though, just not aliens.Dont get me wrong there cool looking for sure.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back