airbrush work

biofreak

painted with acrylic golden paints on a metal panel.using a richpen 213c gun.

IMG_4015.JPG

IMG_4016.JPG

IMG_4017.JPG

the head shape could possibly be more accurate, but for an airbrush, that's really great looking piece of art. just love the biohelmet.

wuddya mean "just a airbrush"?an airbrush is all u need for any paint aplication.heres a few more i did with only my richpen.

4640_109364992628_525757628_3117610_1737520_n.jpg

74027_10150090516022629_525757628_7587835_1572507_n.jpg

149014_10150090516002629_525757628_7587833_4180278_n.jpg

Wow youve got some skills bro, I spent out on a real nice airbrush and compressor and I cant paint for toffee so its sat in the loft ever since :D

the thing about airbrushing is u have to have a good airbrush to give u good results!if its a cheap airbrush its not gonna perform the way u want it and then u get mad and imaptient and store it in your closet.another major is the paint u use.acrylic paints are much harder to work with then say urethane.urethane paint and solvent based paints are used for more automitive applications,it sprays much smoother and consistent.doesnt dry up in the tip as fast BUT,it does smell terrible so a mask is strongly advised.if u get a good airbrush/paint mixture its all on your drawings skills at that point!keep at it,airbrushing can be very rewarding,and profitable!!!!

I brought an Iwata CP something and a 3 litre tanked compressor, spent about £350 on it which is about $500, I guess its just me, its a dual action type brush.
Il get it out again one day and have anouther crack at it, and yeah as said above would love to se more of your work mate

love that glowing effect how do you achieve that? spray transparent white? or layering? i just dont know.lol

i penciled on the basic outlines of the over all picture.then i mask off mr black with frisket film.its a transparent low tack thin sticker basicaly.with a razor carefuly cut out the outline of mr black.then sprayed the backround and the bio the did a frost of white around the masked off edge that will be the glowing border wen u unmask it.then i masked off the backround and bio and sprayed mr black,unmask that wen finished and add a few highlights to blend the masked edge and presto.

very impressive man,yea i thought it was something like that i think the best work ive seen hass layers and layers of masking ect.whole time i thought that you had to achieve those effects from just pure airbrushing ,awesome innfo thanks

you dont need to use masking necesarily to acheive this effect.im actually doing a commision wall mural for a custom paint shop.im doin his logo with a dragon thats kinda crawling over it,with a simular blue glowing effect.i hope to be finished tomarrow and ill post a picaroo!

you dont need to use masking necesarily to acheive this effect.im actually doing a commision wall mural for a custom paint shop.im doin his logo with a dragon thats kinda crawling over it,with a simular blue glowing effect.i hope to be finished tomarrow and ill post a picaroo!

Can't wait

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back