Adam Savage's Sankara Stones are Missing!

I've always equated stealing props to stealing the Mona Lisa. You can steal it but who are you going to tell? You certainly can't display it, brag about or share with your friends. And now you live in fear that it might accidentally get photographed and pics posted on the web. So, honestly, what's the point. You certainly can't sell it. And at the end of the day if the prop community finds out, start looking for a new hobby.

This is the #1 suspect.
289px-Mola_ram.jpg

Invariably someone will talk to someone else about "their epic heist". I just hope the persone who hears the story from this scumbag will have the human decency and balls to turn him/her in. Stealing from others just flat out pisses me off!

I would accept the return of the stone with no questions asked. I'm pretty sure that someone just got really drunk and was trying to impress their date. Sad though as this was from Azuma's run, and I loved having the complete set (only one was missing).

This sucks Adam, I hope they make their way back to you, or maybe Azuma would ship you a new set for free. That would be cool.

This breaks my heart. I hope the stone finds it's way back to you Adam.

Is there anything on the stone that could make it easier to identify (other than the pics already posted)? Was there maybe a serial number on the bottom of it or something? Anything that even if someone were to obtain it, they would know it's in fact the Savage stone? Do any of you builders out there put serial numbers or unique identifying markers on your production runs?

I would accept the return of the stone with no questions asked. I'm pretty sure that someone just got really drunk and was trying to impress their date. Sad though as this was from Azuma's run, and I loved having the complete set (only one was missing).

(I love Mythbusters !!!!!!!!) :cool

Hi, Adam. If you are saying only one of the three stones is missing, then it would help to know which one is the missing one.

That would narrow it down to someone trying to sell one stone. We could ignore people selling sets.

To the person or persons unknown who took Adams Sankara stone, please return it , Adam has shared his passion with us all and has through all his outlets, been very generous with both his time and talent in prop making , it is this sort of action that may make Adam think twice about being such a large part of our community, so please do the right thing for all who have a passion for our hobby, return the stone to him.
Thank you

The pictures are misleading I think. The first one with the three stones is I think from the LucasFilm Archives book and those are indeed the screen used stones, the other that seems to show Adam's display features two different generations of Azuma Sankara Stones, the one on the background is an older version (I think maybe from 2012), the one on the foreground looks to be the last generation of stones from the 2014 run.

I don't know about the older runs but on the last one Azuma put a sticker with a unique number on the bottom of the led unit. So maybe that could be used to track the stone.

Images aside, they dont use the word replica anywhere on the text, but "original" and "used prop", "rare" and "valuable" throroughly...

Images aside, they dont use the word replica anywhere on the text, but "original" and "used prop", "rare" and "valuable" throroughly...

Wouldn't be the first time we'd see people reporting on prop related stuff jumping to conclusions.
Adam himself never used the words "original" or "screen used". He called the stone(s) rare which would apply to Azuma's that have always been made available in very limited quantities.

This is awful Adam. My heart goes out to you as a fellow collector, I would be so mad if this happened to one of my prized pieces.

I really hope you recover the replica soon. Some things just cannot be replaced.

I'm sure they'll find them, Adam's pretty high profile so someone'll brag. I think it's time Tested stops opening events to the public and sticks to the premium members or get better security. This stuff should be in display cases with loud alarms.

The first pic in the article indeed is a picture from the "From Star Wars to Indiana Jones" book... And original or not, it stays a terrible act to take these... I also hope that these pop up on eBay or something, and they can be identified. I really hope the seller is not a member here... :s

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back