Adam interviews Lorne Peterson

Love listening to anything with Ben Burtt. Really nice guy.
Here at the Star Wars Celebration V in 2010 with my original roommate, and of course myself wearing my own made death star shirt....lol.
I was actually making a birthday video for my Dad at the time, and went ahead, (and was quite nervous about it) and asked he he would wish my Dad a happy birthday. I had told him about my love of sound effects and driving my parents up the wall from mixing sounds back in 1996 on our first computer. That was before even getting into any type of filming and editing video.
So he totally did it and made it really cool.
Such great memories.

View attachment 1777063
In the middle or on the left?

Just finished watching the whole video with Ben Burtt.
Its really so awesome and amazing how so much technology was created in that one building, stuff we all use today....stuff that kids don't even think about, as its so easy now.
Hearing him talk about the editdroid. I had never known they created that first, I always thought it started with Avid. But checking the wiki of it, it says, The EditDroid was never a commercial success and after the close of The Droid Works in 1987 and subsequent redevelopment of the product for seven years, the software was eventually sold to Avid Technology 1993. Only 24 EditDroid systems were ever produced.

I remember a friend had gotten a pirated copy of Avid Xpress Pro back in 2002 and gave me a copy. What a game changer that was. Learning that really opened a whole world for me. But, that version was so basic, that I finally switched to Adobe Premiere by 2009. I had already been using Photoshop anyways.
George gets a lot of heat for how the prequels turns out, and then selling to Disney....but still, just all the ideas for innovation he had and actually got so many people to make it a reality....it really is mind breaking to think all this has happened in barely 40 years.
I think a lot of us wouldn't be doing what we are doing without all of that which was created.
Super interesting to watch and can't wait to see what more videos like these that get made.

Death Star panels

Since I am all-thumbs, I’ve been thinking about chaining Adam Savage up to this Waldo

So I can, like, have my own maker-bot pre-programmed….no, I don’t want you working with glass…wait…you don’t need to make a hammer out of…look I can paint that later!

I tried using Jamie, but after maker-bot built a flawless AMT Enterprise…it blew up my car.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back