greenmachines

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Updated insert 1/23/24:
adamantimpersonationcosplaycostume5.jpg

Original Thread: My humble beginnings on a dual cosplay of Adam Ant, then and now. Just because I am easily distracted (currently losing weight for my Will Turner cosplay but costume is complete). I will open this can of worms with the hopes of drawing in the other rabidly obsessed to help with the dual build of an extremely eclectic rock star.

My inspiration pics are as follows.... then....

il_794xN.4605200577_47pz.jpg

20230717_204357.jpg
20230717_204704.jpg

20230717_205144.jpg

and NOW....

20230717_204339.jpg
20230717_204411.jpg
20230717_204600.jpg
20230717_204651.jpg
adamant.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230620-205315_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230620-205315_Samsung Internet.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 123
  • adamantimpersonationcosplaycostume5.jpg
    adamantimpersonationcosplaycostume5.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 1,055
Last edited:
I started the long searches and have come up with two things so far. First his replica black and gold "then" Hussar jacket is available through Ro-Rox (ebay or Ro Rox Boutique | Retro Style Clothing | Vintage Style Clothing)

20230717_205940.jpg

Several others have a match but are around 3 hundred but are likely parade quality materials.

The other item was just as difficult to locate but is a match on the extravagantly expensive:

Omega Speedmaster Apollo Soyuz 35th Anniversary Meteorite Dial Limited /1975

20230717_204339.jpg

Screenshot_20230717-202547_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
I have collected so far a passable leather jacket, a newsboy hat (on the fence on this one) a tophat, several near style eyeglass frames (still want an exact match) and am currently running through Wish and Ebay for skull rings. Would love any identification on any and all items in any of the above photos.

Productive search found a 32 dollar watch with the same body and band ......and the outer ring.

1689659613041.jpg

So this beauty will get a high res gloss print on vinyl sticker of the central omega watch and will do quite nicely for a single photoshoot replica. And for the print.....

Omega-Speedmaster-Apollo-Soyuz-Front-Shot-1.jpg

Last edited:
As a huge Adam Ant fan, I will be following your builds with great interest! I'm not sure I will be able to contribute much beyond encouragement as my knowledge of vintage clothing is nil... but I like that you plan to "...spend your cash; on looking flash; and grabbing our attention."

Definitely took a while to decide it was even possible. Only after finding a match on the jacket was I even edging over that cliff. However, his "now" style, I could incorporate this gladly into my wardrobe and still not cause my mother any heart issues.

On the topic of rings, I have found a few matches but others seem not to exist. With these more custom ones, I will just sculpt my own.

Here are a few that seemed to match (both from then and now):

20230717_204148.jpg

This ring portion of the build is such a moving target as he has many rings, watches, bracelets, necklaces and such over these many years.

On his right hand above, pointer finger, I noticed it looked like a coin ring and got lottery style lucky when I looked up Indian Head Nickel. Dead match is still sold (edit 8/4/23: ring received was far too small, not a nickel sized face by half. Continue to newer post for Bradford Exchange original.)

Screenshot_20230722-000130_Wish.jpg

And the ring finger, skull ring, is one he has worn for years. A close match is available:

Screenshot_20230722-000243_Wish.jpg

( this ring was as pictured, good match: https://dl.wish.com/YAQFS)

The other two, on this hand, I have not found.

From this next picture I have not found a source for any of the three rings showing:

20230717_204339.jpg

All 3 are rings he wears often. If we cannot source these, I will need to sculpt and cast them.

I believe this hat is here:

Screenshot_20230722-002221_Wish.jpg
Screenshot_20230722-002208_Wish.jpg

Last edited:
In the second ring picture, the one with the red ring but on the other hand, is a flat, signet style. It is definitely a skull and bones with a ring of writing around the face. Easy enough to mimic in a sculpt but if anyone has any high res photos or some kniwledge of what it is. I have found that most of his rings have to do with his love of motorcycles and road travel. Harley has a themed skull and bones with their name around the edge but so do the masons.

greenmachines - here are a few pics that might help. I found this in a mag while cleaning out some boxes... the pic with the rings is not super clear, but the eight ball and ace of spades rings are very distinctive and I thought you might find the belt buckle to be an interesting detail...

Adam_8953.jpeg
Adam_8955.jpeg

greenmachines - here are a few pics that might help. I found this in a mag while cleaning out some boxes... the pic with the rings is not super clear, but the eight ball and ace of spades rings are very distinctive and I thought you might find the belt buckle to be an interesting detail...

View attachment 1722066View attachment 1722068
Thank you. Two things stand out. The spades ring which, theme wise, usually contains an ace somewhere in the design, is instead, all spades and one set faces up and the other down. I think I have the match below.... Second is the pinky ring which contains lettering but also what looks to be a belt buckle in the design.

Screenshot_20230723-225207_Samsung Internet.jpg

The 8 ball ring is a full signet size so I will have to belay my current purchased version for being too small. The search continues.

View attachment 1722066View attachment 1722068
Honestly, these are great pics. I can see a loop earring, the belt buckle but especially a precise pattern for the facial hair.

Finally found a very good close up shot of this ring.... "Too Fast To Live... Too Young To Die"... skull and bones flat signet. Now, if my search fails, I can make one myself.

20230724_094958.jpg

And a nice pic of the other 3 as well. Although there is often a rotation in his rings, only the 8ball and the pinky ring with lettering make it into as many poses as these four. The skull has been present for decades.

OK, breathe... breathe... searching out a good prop replica is challenging but always OCD entertaining. Sometimes, however, it gives some insight into the character. With this one close-up picture of the skullandbones signet, we get a connection to James Dean aaaaaannnnndddd Vivienne Westwood. One pinterest page containing the image for skullandbones signet ring match, a Vivienne Westwood ring, also has the belt buckle pinky ring (which contains the lettering "Vivienne", that I could not earlier read) and showcases the cross orb symbol, a Westwood favorite that shows on Adam's other hand in the small black ring with reversed silver image. Long sentence, my apologies. So, Adam is a BIG fan of Vivienne Westwood designs and fashion and likely the reverse is also true.

The pics below are the sequence showing the cascade of discovery after finding the wording on the Too Fast ring.

20230724_102412.jpg
20230724_102455.jpg
20230724_102511.jpg
20230724_102539.jpg

20230724_103718.jpg

Last edited:
Due to the cost limitations (my personally held limits) I will likely be printing images for Too Fast, 8ball, and Spades rings to place on one round blank signet, one oblong and one rectangular for my final poses in the "NOW" portion of this build. The belt buckle Vivienne, I will likely sculpt.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back