Limited Run Accurate RotJ Force Pike - Weapon of the Emperor's Royal Guard

Delays happen almost always and you handled them perfectly.

This is how every run should be. (y) (Not the super hard part on you Tom. I mean how you handled it )

Got it mounted to the wall today. I love this thing. Well done.

Aussie pikes arrived this week! Thanks very much Tom for the amazing prop. These were the final components to my brother's and my Royal Guard costumes. What do you think?

Also, we've decided to spray paint the steel section gold/silver/gold as per the earlier design (and also for rust protection). I'll post more photos when they're done. Then on to our 501st applications.

For the Empire!

Dude, you're being too hard on yourself. You succeeded in every department. Unforeseen expenses and delays is part of the game and none of it was because of YOU. You absolutely knocked this out of the park and in hind site the run went very smoothly from our point of view in that You announced it, we paid a deposit, you gave updates, even about delays and unexpected price hikes (happens ALL THE TIME), and then you called for final payments and we promptly got an AMAZING product. That's what you should be focusing on. Not the delays and certainly not the one negative comment. I know that you have a very different point of view on how this went because of the delays, frustration with shops, the pressure of delivering, etc. I just want you to know how it seemed from my end, which was flat out amazing. Maybe I'm more of a big picture guy, and I definitely have the years here to be able to compare it to other runs, but this one was right up there with the best of them.
I wholeheartedly agree with Trooper_trent. From my prospective, this run was wonderful. Your communication during the delay was fantastic. We were all kept abreast of the situation & progress, & the prince increase was completely understandable.
I think you should be very proud of the product you put out, & the manor at which it was put out. Clearly your hard work & research has paid off. The final piece is absolutely stunning!
Tom like trent and russ have said your way too hard on yourself. Every single run I’ve been on never makes the dead line NEVER
It’s just part of this hobby, and not the end of the world
You delivered one hell of a wicked project! I hope this doesn’t detour you from doing any other runs because i love your hard work and dedication!
Can’t wait to see what’s next
I had no problem with this run, the continuous communication was great, the pikes are superb. There are delays everywhere, we on RPF should be used to them already. Heck, look at some licensed companies like Anovos and EFX and their delays, lack of communication and quality of product. This run was so different from EFX And Anovos in everything. No wonder people are fighting to get a second run. Love my pike and cannot wait to have it displayed. Like I said before, it is Master Replicas quality.
And just to chime in with the above - this was a fantastic run. Yes, delays happened. And I can't imagine the stress you put yourself under and the frustration in dealing with the manufacturers, but you shouldn't let that overshadow the fantastic work you did and the excellent pike that we received. It is gorgeous and a job well done. Definitely take the lessons learned for future projects, but definitely don't beat yourself up over them. You managed them fantastically and kept us in the loop. That's a perfect run if I ever saw one. Well done.
Delays happen almost always and you handled them perfectly.
This is how every run should be. (y) (Not the super hard part on you Tom. I mean how you handled it )

Thank you for the kind words guys! :D I definitely consider this run a success, just wish it could have gone a little smoother :)

And thanks for the cleaning suggestions, everyone! I don't deal in plastics much so I appreciate the advice for getting it clean w/out damaging it or making it cloudy (which I've done in the past).

Not to spoil anyone's fun or vision of the prop, but the real piece on the prop is actually pretty cloudy, not like our glass clear ones :)

Got it mounted to the wall today. I love this thing. Well done.

That looks awesome! Nice one Roy for figuring it out, I think I might have to get one of those myself :)

Aussie pikes arrived this week! Thanks very much Tom for the amazing prop. These were the final components to my brother's and my Royal Guard costumes. What do you think?

Also, we've decided to spray paint the steel section gold/silver/gold as per the earlier design (and also for rust protection). I'll post more photos when they're done. Then on to our 501st applications.

For the Empire!

They look great! I've no doubt you'll pass :D For spray I'm not sure I'd go with gold, the lighting in the reference pics I had originally made those parts look gold but in reality it's much less yellow. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to share any of my good reference pics but here is a colour reference for the 'gold' part, made from picking individual pixels of colour from the good reference:

pikecolourreference.jpg

View attachment 1031367View attachment 1031368View attachment 1031369View attachment 1031370

For the Empire!
sweet costumes Shadow did you make them or buy them? if made where did you find the gloves and boots?

I just wanted to say thank you, along with everyone else. I've had visions of joining the 501st for years, and I wanted my designation to be as a Royal Guard, we only have a couple of them up here in the Twin Cities. I still need to finish painting my helmet, but this lance far outweighed my vision of making one myself. It is truly a work of art, and as close as any that I have seen to screen accurate. So close now, thank you!

It's an ebay auction. He posted before, that he'd be selling any spares one at a time on ebay as there were too many people asking for extra and this would be the only fair way.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back