Limited Run Accurate RotJ Force Pike - Weapon of the Emperor's Royal Guard

Just received mine...they look excellent. Did notice some imperfections, but omg, they are so hard to find. The metal area above the spikes part is rusting or oxidizing. Can I oil, wax or somehow cover the area to preserve it. Or do I need to sand and then seal it somehow? This is a fantastic prop. Thank you...

Yeah, it's not really possible to have a 100% perfect hard line between the black and silver sections and still have them polished AND be one piece. I could have made each black piece separate from each silver piece and have it all screw together but that would have raised the cost as it suddenly goes from a 5 piece project to double the number...

Yeah oil or wax or even a spray on clear coat will prevent it rusting and you can clean it off with a number of household products: How to Remove Rust from Metal

--------------------------

We are so close to the end of this run :D Everybody's pikes are now shipped apart from the two I'm still waiting on payment from, kurtyboy and propfactory

I know a lot of people want spares and I get a lot of messages about it across various platforms. I think there will be a few and I will deal with them once everybody who took the risk with me and pre-ordered, allowing me to actually make these happen, is taken care of :)

There are waaay more people asking than there are likely to be spares so I need to figure out a fair way of giving everybody a shot at getting one. Once I have figured out how I want to do that I will be posting details here in this thread and on my Proplicator Facebook page here: The Proplicator so keep an eye on either of those locations for info :)

Happy with my wall mounted pike!
IMG_7922.jpg

roygilsing, that looks great on the wall (y)
What clamps are those?

These are the before mentioned Mag-Lite D-cell and AA-cell wall mounts; one D-cell mount down and one AA-cell mount up. They fit PERFECTLY! I also use D-cell wall brackets for attached lightsabers to my walls. The wall mounts are available on Amazon. Type ASXD026 (D-cell) and AM2A496 (AA mini).

That looks awesome Roy! More elegant than the solution I was planning on designing and likely cheaper too!

We are down to our last outstanding payment! Received payment from kurtyboy this morning with JUST enough time to squeeze in buying/printing the shipping label and getting it slapped on the box before leaving for my long weekend trip :D

Yeah, it's not really possible to have a 100% perfect hard line between the black and silver sections and still have them polished AND be one piece. I could have made each black piece separate from each silver piece and have it all screw together but that would have raised the cost as it suddenly goes from a 5 piece project to double the number...

Yeah oil or wax or even a spray on clear coat will prevent it rusting and you can clean it off with a number of household products: How to Remove Rust from Metal

We are so close to the end of this run :D Everybody's pikes are now shipped apart from the two I'm still waiting on payment from, kurtyboy and propfactory

I know a lot of people want spares and I get a lot of messages about it across various platforms. I think there will be a few and I will deal with them once everybody who took the risk with me and pre-ordered, allowing me to actually make these happen, is taken care of :)

There are waaay more people asking than there are likely to be spares so I need to figure out a fair way of giving everybody a shot at getting one. Once I have figured out how I want to do that I will be posting details here in this thread and on my Proplicator Facebook page here: The Proplicator so keep an eye on either of those locations for info :)

Just post the spares in the Junkyard. First come, first serve. It will keep you from having to manage a ton of email and private messages.

Dang it. Roy beat me to it. I was gonna post my helmet with my pike.

This looks awesome. I was gonna display mine horizontal but this looks so much better this way. Well done.

I do believe this is the same helmet as mine is from steviebxxx on Ebay UK.

Roy, would it be possible to post links for the exact flashlight holders you used? There are many different ones and you say yours fit exact. Also your an expert so if you are confident they will hold the pike I want to get the same ones.

Thanks and again, awesome display.

Happy with my wall mounted pike!View attachment 1029086

and we are DONE! All invoices paid, all pikes shipped except the final one which will ship as soon as I get back home next week, only one drop out.

Thank you all so much for coming on this ride with me, it's been a long road (a year and two days from posting my first render in my research thread to receiving the final payment) so thanks to everyone who stuck with it through returning the pieces to the factory to correct the finish, and most of all thanks for making this run possible! We wouldn't have been able to get these made without those who pre-ordered :)

It's very satisfying to see how much you're enjoying the final product so keep posting!

For anyone planning on putting electronics of some kind in these I will be figuring out a simple lighting kit based on the original prop setup I have reference of and also designing an electronics chassis for those who want something more advanced with sound etc.

Tom, this sounds like there will be nothing further made available or are there still a few spares?

In either case, how do we convince you to do a 2nd run, now that all the details are nailed down and you know how to deliver!!

Tom, this sounds like there will be nothing further made available or are there still a few spares?

In either case, how do we convince you to do a 2nd run, now that all the details are nailed down and you know how to deliver!!

Pay him more! Honestly I would pay more for one on a second run if I had not been lucky enough to get one on this run. It would be totally worth it.

My opinion only, but I would pay $400 plus shipping for this no problem.

Hey roygilsing, can you please post a close up photo of the top section of your pike? It looks like you've added a tinge of yellow to yours, which I'm also interested in doing. Can you tell me how you did it? Will it protect the steel from rusting?

Also, where did you get your helmet display mounts from? They look great.

Thanks!

Hey roygilsing, can you please post a close up photo of the top section of your pike? It looks like you've added a tinge of yellow to yours, which I'm also interested in doing. Can you tell me how you did it? Will it protect the steel from rusting?

Also, where did you get your helmet display mounts from? They look great.

Thanks!

No, that yellow effect is just an effect probably from the white- balancing of my phone camera because of the aubergine wall color. I haven't done anything to the pike! All natural.
The helmet stand is an IKEA toilet paper holder, the tall one, with a rubber squeeze ball on top! Haha. Very effective and low budget.

2019-06-17 09.29.49.jpg

Roy

Last edited:
Ah, I see - thanks for clarifying. Is that the same as in post #275, or is that your interim pike? That one sure looks gold/yellow at the worm gear cutter.

That's a very creative idea for a helmet stand! :cool:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back