Accurate Emperor Robe Project

Re: Accurate Emperor robe -new head/hood pics see post #40

Is there anyway that I could find out about getting some of that fabric?

Id love to get one made for myself.

Probably not from Gino. He's not been known to share information and he's looking to sell these robes for, I believe, around 650 USD.

I wish I knew someone in the textile industry since I'm pretty sure they make thermal underwear in black, and since this looks like thermal underwear cloth I would be a step closer.

Ah well...

It won't be long now before I am able to show a final prototype outer robe.

Just in case anyone wants to see, and I don't want to take away from what you are doing, Gino, here are some pics of me as the Emperor taken at the ROTS screening opening day. The fabric I have is the same exact fabric I found a few years back in the form of a blanket. I looked everywhere for it and found it on sale and selling out. Just as Gino's, the fabric I have is spot on. Gino has got the right stuff.

http://alpinegarrison.com/albums/im...iere - Hollywood Connection - 050_disp640.jpg
http://alpinegarrison.com/albums/im...ere - Hollywood Connection - 056_disp1600.jpg
http://alpinegarrison.com/albums/im...ere - Hollywood Connection - 112_disp1600.jpg
http://alpinegarrison.com/albums/im...ere - Hollywood Connection - 124_disp1600.jpg

And here are some better detail shots of the prosthetics. The photos with the correct fabric were washed out because of the flash, but show the fabric detail nicely. These next photos were from before I found the right fabric, but show the detail of the mask nicely. It was made just for my face.

http://alpinegarrison.com/albums/im... Shoot/TOTJ - Emperor Shoot - 10_disp1600.jpg
http://alpinegarrison.com/albums/im... Shoot/TOTJ - Emperor Shoot - 04_disp1600.jpg
http://alpinegarrison.com/albums/im... Shoot/TOTJ - Emperor Shoot - 11_disp1600.jpg
http://alpinegarrison.com/albums/im... Shoot/TOTJ - Emperor Shoot - 15_disp1600.jpg
http://alpinegarrison.com/albums/im... Shoot/TOTJ - Emperor Shoot - 17_disp1600.jpg
http://alpinegarrison.com/albums/im... Shoot/TOTJ - Emperor Shoot - 21_disp1600.jpg
http://alpinegarrison.com/albums/albums/2004/!439_TOTJ Emperor Shoot/TOTJ - Emperor Shoot - 23a.jpg
http://alpinegarrison.com/albums/im... Shoot/TOTJ - Emperor Shoot - 28_disp1600.jpg
http://alpinegarrison.com/albums/albums/2004/!439_TOTJ Emperor Shoot/TOTJ - Emperor Shoot - 29a.jpg

And now, the video. I know he says the line a little differently in the movie, but it's still cool, I think. The voice of Vader was done by a guy in Australia.

http://alpinegarrison.com/albums/in...e=!483_Alpine Garrison - Emperor Palpatine.qt

So, in short, Gino is on the right track.

Appreciated.
But it doesn't look like the fabric in your pics are the same as what I have.

It's not the same but credit goes to Brett for good work using what seemed to be a perfect match at the time. IIRC, Brett and I stumbled onto these "Domestications" blankets independently of one another some years back and the fabric seemed to be ideal. He obviously went the extra mile with his whereas mine are still in their original shape and waiting for a purpose. :) Since this project's come along, though, I'm sure the purpose will be to use them as blankets...:lol

Just as you said, trust me, it's the same. Mine has been washed several times to get a worn look to it. This isn't a competition. I was defending your fabric. Oh well.

Hey Brett,
I didn't see your post as competitive either so please don't be offended by what I'm saying.
I'm just saying that the fabric used in your photos is not the same as the real stuff.
Listen to jme3 if you don't believe me.

Any updates on this project, Gino? I'm still desperately in need of a hood for my Palpatine bust so when these are ready to purchase I'm on board.

Hey Brent,
Still going strong behind the scenes. We're working on getting the hood as perfect as possible, the rest is already in the can. We are just about there though.

Good to hear. I'm anxiously awaiting the final product. :cool

The prototype robe is almost complete.

It shouldn't be too long now before I have pics to show.

Also, the other robe project claims to be using the perfect fabric and the perfect patterns, both of which are simply just not accurate.

Last edited:

Oh, is it really, Gino? Would you mind telling me what is wrong with the fabric I found? If you perchance are correct, by all means, go right ahead and make your own robes, however, first - you are not correct and second, you are lying between your teeth in saying that this fabric is ANY rare at all. I have an unlimited supply of it, very close to me. If yours are so rare, then make your own few robes and allow mine to be made as well.

Other thing - I dare you to say ANYTHING wrong about the things I´ve done. PM, E-mail, ANYTHING. I´m ready to go all-out defending something I KNOW to be not only better, but also less expensive to the RPF´ers. AH, and ready, to boot!

And by the way, are you planning or were you planning at ALL to offer the INNER ROBE as well, in this 600 dollar deal? For I am offering both, and I´ll even throw in a clasp, when I get the molds finished. Then again, I might be wrong and that was your plan all along, wasn´t it?

Care to do better, Mr.?

One other thing - "The other project" is a rather impersonal way to talk about things. Don´t you remember I´ve got a name, and so does Vaderdarth? Or would it be too difficult to say them? It hurts my feelings, you know.... I could even not post in your thread, but since you were unkind enough not to call me by name, I thought it deserving of a due response.

I don´t see you as an enemy or anything, or even competition, for you make things I don´t make, and I make things you clearly are taking your time to make, apart from things you don´t make. (that and I make them myself, no help involved). I was developing this project for quite some time, and if we don´t step on each other´s toes, you and I can have our space to dance. If people wish to get them from you, so much the better (for you alone, not for me), and if they want to get them from me, so much the better, (for them and for me, that is).

YET ANOTHER THING - In all the years you´ve ignored me and in all these years I´ve happily ignored you, considering your manners, I never EVER said anything about anything you´ve done. Considering this fact, I´m more than willing to put this in the account of healthy competition. I am not, however, prone to let anything bad be said about anything I´ve done without the constructive criticism one would expect accompanying the said bad thing. It´s your modus operandi to state something definitive without backing it up with the facts - E.G. - "I have pictures proving I´m right, but you know, they´re mine alone and you can´t see them, you only have to trust me on that" . This may work with the RPF, never with me. Do you want to claim anything about anything I´ve done, please, back it up with LOADS of pictorial evidence. THEN I´ll listen to you.

I´d say peace-out, but right now I will only say over and out.

By the way, I´m editing this over and over again because I don´t want to pile post after post, considering you won´t read anyway.

Hermes! (Just in case you forget my name again)

Last edited:

Now after your rather hostile post, let me be frank and touch on points you brought up. Keep in mind, I don't crap on people's projects for not being accurate, unless they try to say they are when they are not.

Your fabric and patterns are not correct. Period. I don't know what else to say, they are just not. If you can't see it, then I don't know what else to tell you. Certainly you wouldn't expect me to point out everything that I see incorrect because I have my own project going on and that wouldn't be very smart of me to do so.

You say I ignore you? I don't even know who you are so how could that be true? Until your post above, I've never had a problem with you.

Last edited:

That´s PRECISELY the point - Forgetting! I don´t even REMEMBER how long it was since I last saw you post on this, AND not only that, it was told in many places that this project was coming along under my hand as well. I make costumes and have made them for over 19 years, and I have NO idea why, but you REALLY pushed my buttons here.

The only problem I have with you, Gino, is your attitude of "I have definitive proof that THIS is like THIS, but I (can´t, won´t, don´t want to) share". If you won´t do that, what´s the point of telling people you HAVE the info in the first place?

Other thing, I´m not demeaning you, you´ve got SERIOUS talent, and I can´t tell anyone otherwise, but come on, you REALLY came as crude with this last post of yours, and again, let me say - This is the Prototype Robe, I am quite confident it´s quite accurate in many levels, and if it´s not, and right now I summon the help of people on the RPF who wish it to be, I WILL make it so. I am just THAT driven.

Well, so far I´m sticking to my guns, and calling it a healthy competition is about right. I just have NO idea whatsoever as to why you somehow manage to make me mad about every time I see you post. (well, not EVERY time, it would be foolish, but some times, at least)

YET another thing - I haven´t said anything at all about being more or less accurate than your robes on the thread I posted, nothing at all, and you come here just to claim mine are not only not accurate, but less accurate than yours? THAT was extremely rude, not because it´s you (though it IS a factor), but you just do it without a single shred of evidence AS USUAL. I can research more, and more, and more, and I can find out I did something wrong, or ANY other poster on the RPF would point it out to me, but YOU manage to do it in the most incredibly rude way. If I have to go back to the drawing board, I will go, and I WILL make it accurate, if it is not, and right now I`ll enroll the FULL help of the RPF. Whoever wishes to see this accurate could rally up and help me out, and they will get it, and still for $100 less than yours (that sure are taking their time to be complete).

OTHER thing, also I would want people to remember your own Robes, yes, not because of competition, but also because you ARE a talented guy. I just have NO idea whatsoever as to why you, of all people, have the gift of making me lose my temper, which, to everyone who knows me, is impressive, for it´s almost impossible. I´m not gilding a pill here to be swallowed more easily, I REALLY think you are that talented. I just think you are and always were a bit of a jerk, but that´s being said with all of the respect from an RPF´er to another.

Last edited:
Hey I don't want to fall out with anyone over this but I'm entitled to my opinion and its really not politically or motivated... I can disagree with Gino from time to time but I've just had a look at the other robe and what immediately springs to mind that I don't think can be rectified is the cube pattern, which is about 50% to big. In the forum there are a lot of really cool Star Wars experts with far to much spare time on their hands... Gino included :lol His only worry is he's invested a lot of his time in this project which isn't really finiancial driven... As far as I know, he needs to get a few people interested to get the minimum order required to progress with his project and I think he has a right to be a bit concerned that people should know whats what.

You pays ur money you takes ur choice... I know where my money will be :cool

The only problem I have with you, Gino, is your attitude of "I have definitive proof that THIS is like THIS, but I (can´t, won´t, don´t want to) share". If you won´t do that, what´s the point of telling people you HAVE the info in the first place?

I usually just end up showing it in my finished pieces.

This is the Prototype Robe, I am quite confident it's quite accurate in many levels, and if it´s not, and right now I summon the help of people on the RPF who wish it to be, I WILL make it so. I am just THAT driven.

More power to you. Maybe you should work on improving it instead of arguing with me in my thread. I haven't posted in yours. Would you like me to have said what I did there instead? If you post again in mine, that's exactly what I'm going to do.

YET another thing - I haven´t said anything at all about being more or less accurate than your robes on the thread I posted, nothing at all, and you come here just to claim mine are not only not accurate, but less accurate than yours?

Now that you mention it, yes that's correct. And by all means don't just take my word for it. Let the finished pieces speak for themselves.

I just have NO idea whatsoever as to why you, of all people, have the gift of making me lose my temper, which, to everyone who knows me, is impressive, for it´s almost impossible.

I'd say it's because I disputed your claims of accurate patterns and fabrics. Of course it would make you mad because you know it's true, and that I informed people about it who may not know otherwise. Had you not said anything about them being accurate, I would not have said anything in the first place.

I just think you are and always were a bit of a jerk, but that´s being said with all of the respect from an RPF´er to another.

With all respect back at you, I feel exactly the same after your posts in this thread. Just so you know, I could care less about people's opinions of me. It's not a popularity contest. In the end, the work is all that matters.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back