Folmer accurate pommel cap for vintage Graflex, Inc flash?

bogginhead

I'm (in the near future) to receive a vintage Graflex, Inc flashgun from a generous and patient (thank you once again, man) RPF'er. With ESB being my favorite version of Luke's original trilogy saber of all time, I'd like to get the details on this thing as close as possible even though i'm unable to afford a vintage Folmer. I saw that the Saber Armory used to sell accurate Folmer replica pommel caps, but it appears they've been sold out for quite some time and I'm unable to find any other vendors who make / sell anything similar online. Would anyone here happen to know where I might be able to buy one of these caps? I'd even take "lower grade" cap if anyone has one they'd be willing to let go of or if they could point me in the right direction towards one. Anyways, just wanted to ask; I appreciate any help / advice a ton!!!

I'm (in the near future) to receive a vintage Graflex, Inc flashgun from a generous and patient (thank you once again, man) RPF'er. With ESB being my favorite version of Luke's original trilogy saber of all time, I'd like to get the details on this thing as close as possible even though i'm unable to afford a vintage Folmer. I saw that the Saber Armory used to sell accurate Folmer replica pommel caps, but it appears they've been sold out for quite some time and I'm unable to find any other vendors who make / sell anything similar online. Would anyone here happen to know where I might be able to buy one of these caps? I'd even take "lower grade" cap if anyone has one they'd be willing to let go of or if they could point me in the right direction towards one. Anyways, just wanted to ask; I appreciate any help / advice a ton!!!

How new are you to the hobby?

I ask because picking up a vintage graflex is really special! We only have documentation of an ESB belt hanger at the end of filming and one of the bladed stunts in ESB when it comes to end caps, which is just a different point in manufacture. Other than some of the stamped text it’s almost identical congrats on the score!

I ask because picking up a vintage graflex is really special! We only have documentation of an ESB belt hanger at the end of filming and one of the bladed stunts in ESB when it comes to end caps, which is just a different point in manufacture. Other than some of the stamped text it’s almost identical congrats on the score!
Well, I've been a (lurking for the most part) member here and PropSummit since around the time BR 2049 released. Got my first BR blaster (2049 Tomen) and modded it and loved doing it, so I decided to move onto the hilts I'd loved since I was 4 or 5 years old. I own a Rudy Pando V3 / Hero mashup I built, and am working on a Sidkit blaster at the moment. I had to sell my Romans Props Flashgun 5 Pro to afford the vintage. Loved it, and will definitely miss it and its accurate stamping. But are you saying that maybe the Graflex, Inc stamping for an ESB build won't be that innacurate? That would be nice, for real...

Well, I've been a (lurking for the most part) member here and PropSummit since around the time BR 2049 released. Got my first BR blaster (2049 Tomen) and modded it and loved doing it, so I decided to move onto the hilts I'd loved since I was 4 or 5 years old. I own a Rudy Pando V3 / Hero mashup I built, and am working on a Sidkit blaster at the moment. I had to sell my Romans Props Flashgun 5 Pro to afford the vintage. Loved it, and will definitely miss it and its accurate stamping. But are you saying that maybe the Graflex, Inc stamping for an ESB build won't be that innacurate? That would be nice, for real...
Generally the "accurate stamping" description, is describing the stamping on the stunt used in the wampa cave scene.

Generally the "accurate stamping" description, is describing the stamping on the stunt used in the wampa cave scene.
Oh yeah, I totally understand what you're saying there; the Wampa Cave stamping is really what I'd want to go with (or the Bespin version, but I've read it's more than likely also a Folmer :( What would you guys do? Run with the Inc bottom for an ESB build, or purchase a replica Folmer stamped bottom from Roman's?

Thanks, man!

Absolutely! The only differences there are the lettering/words on the endcap, and the lip around it is a little thicker on later flashes, thinner on earlier ones. Minute detail though

Oh yeah, I totally understand what you're saying there; the Wampa Cave stamping is really what I'd want to go with (or the Bespin version, but I've read it's more than likely also a Folmer :( What would you guys do? Run with the Inc bottom for an ESB build, or purchase a replica Folmer stamped bottom from Roman's?
I just went with the Inc. I’ve not read that, where did you see that?

I just went with an Inc. Only ever had one person comment on the stamping, where I then replied that I wasn’t replicating a stunt. In the end it’s just personal preference.

I just went with the Inc. I’ve not read that, where did you see that?

I just went with an Inc. Only ever had one person comment on the stamping, where I then replied that I wasn’t replicating a stunt. In the end it’s just personal preference.
I'm pretty sure I read about the Bespin probably being a Folmer on a thread here on the site somewhere. Can't really remember which one, but I found it by searching "Graflex ESB Inc Folmer" I believe.

Check out thd9791 graflex thread, he’s got some pretty good detective work in there proving the bespin’s history

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back