Accurate Emperor Robe Project

Re: Accurate Emperor robe -new head/hood pics see post #40

That goes to show just how accurate the fabric is!:eek

That´s so cool...terrific work GINO.

May I ask how big your house/ museum/ prop room is, considering all your 1:1´s !? Do you have some pics of the whole room for us envious people ;)

Markus

That´s so cool...terrific work GINO.
May I ask how big your house/ museum/ prop room is, considering all your 1:1´s !? Do you have some pics of the whole room for us envious people ;)

Thanks Markus.

It is very modest. It is limited to the spare bedroom and with six fullsize mannequins, not including the two about to be added. I'm busting at the seams. The wall space is lined with figures to the point where I'm going to have to overlap/stagger the figures. One of the walls is filled with shelves that display my full size yoda and a bunch of helmets.
From a display perspective, with the addition of the two future mannequins, it is going to be way too crowded, but it will have to do until I move into a bigger place with a larger room. :cry

Re: Accurate Emperor robe

The coolest part of this project was my ability (luck) in finding the exact fabric used for the outer cloak. I've been looking for this material for years so it was a huge deal to actually find it. There was only a limited amount left, so I purchased it all.

6839321.jpeg

Looks amazing, GINO! :thumbsup

What a fantastic find.

Curious, though, are you basing your claim that it is the exact same fabric as the screen-used fabric only your opinion, or did your research in finding it provide any kind of concrete, or even anecdotal, evidence that it was the same exact fabric?

Again, looks awesome!

The Wook

Thanks.
Just high res pics of the original I took while it was on display.

I don't recall slugs on his face :D
For what it's worth i agree the slight difference in the look of the weave is due to the weave loosening slightly with cleaning or wear on the original.
Did the fabric come in that colour or have you dyed it ?

Well that's more evidence to say it's the right cloth, the shade looks identical to me :thumbsup

It does look to be a close match.
Well done, very nice find

Something looked 'off' to me in that last pic and I couldn't put my finger on what it was. Something was missing.
Then it hit me...

4637952.jpeg

LOL:lol exatcly...LOL :lolthat was missing. Who knows if those blck spots covered the hair of Ian?

Hopeully very soon I'll have some new pics to post if anyone is still interested in seeing them.

Looks great... even though the Emperor sculpt reminds me of Billy Graham! :D

I'd love to see more progress.

Something looked 'off' to me in that last pic and I couldn't put my finger on what it was. Something was missing.
Then it hit me...

4637952.jpeg
:lol the slugs!

The Emperor looks awesome, Gino. :thumbsup

One suggestion. I think the head needs to sit down deeper into the torso/shoulders a little more. The way it looks now his neck seems pretty long which gives you a sense he's... i don't know... healthier? younger? stronger? and not slightly hunched over like a creepy old guy as he appeared in ROTJ.

Is there anyway that I could find out about getting some of that fabric?

Id love to get one made for myself.

:lol the slugs!

The Emperor looks awesome, Gino. :thumbsup

One suggestion. I think the head needs to sit down deeper into the torso/shoulders a little more. The way it looks now his neck seems pretty long which gives you a sense he's... i don't know... healthier? younger? stronger? and not slightly hunched over like a creepy old guy as he appeared in ROTJ.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back