Accurate Emperor Robe Project

Re: Accurate Emperor robe

Sounds like jealously to me.

Yeah, daaaamnnn, you got me! :rolleyes
I'm jealous cause you found something that doesn't look like the original robe to me? Why would I be?
As I said, prove me wrong. I said that it could be the pictures, yet you failed to provide a better picture and your excuses for it didn't fly, sorry.

Show me a picture that looks like the original, that's all i asked. No offenses. To say it's the ***EXACT*** same fabric as the original is a VERY strong word. Back those words up please. ;)

I'm jealous cause you found something that doesn't look like the original robe to me? Why would I be?

Whatever it is, it's got you posting over and over again in my thread.

Regardless, there will be tons more photos, but probably not any more close up than what I already posted. So it just looks like you'll have to go on believing what you will.

Regardless, there will be tons more photos, but probably not any more close up than what I already posted. So it just looks like you'll have to go on believing what you will.

No close ups?? :confused
Taking into consideration that your **close ups** were bad and does not help to convince that is the same fabric, I wonder who will buy this from you thinking is the EXACT same frabric as the original, as you previously stated.
What a way to sell a product! :lol

I rest my case. :cool

If someone isn't familiar enough with my work to believe me when I say this fabric is THE stuff, then I wouldn't want them to buy it anyway.

If someone isn't familiar enough with my work to believe me when I say this fabric is THE stuff, then I wouldn't want them to buy it anyway.

Good, you have your tactics. :thumbsup
Can't wait to see the first buyer to post pictures here. I will be waiting. ;)

Woooow....

First off GINO, Great find. Personally I trust you implicitly (considering your track record)... and have no problem believing it's the stuff if you say it is.

RacerX... have you even seen what GINO has produced? Or the incredible things he's contributed to the RPF?
You might want to look at some of GINO's other threads and see what he's done... the man doesn't deserve the amount of cynicism you're giving him.

RacerX... have you even seen what GINO has produced? Or the incredible things he's contributed to the RPF?
You might want to look at some of GINO's other threads and see what he's done... the man doesn't deserve the amount of cynicism you're giving him.

I'm not judging what he did, or have doubts about his qualities. Don't get me wrong buddy. I'm judging what I see *now*. This is not a who have a bigger dick competition, so is not about who did or who didn't. Could be him, could be somebody else. That was not the point, brother.
I did many things too, maybe not here, maybe not in front of you, or known by you ;)
I challenged him to prove me wrong, since I'm pretty positive this is NOT the same fabric as the original. I know the original pretty well. Doesn't have the same pattern, just look at it yourself. I thought it could be the pictures, but his answers makes me think it is not.
Anyway, whatever flys your boat. If you or anyone think this is the real deal, then by all means buy it! And be happy! :thumbsup

Last edited:

Reputations asside, I think it is the real deal but the picture taken of Ginos wasn't lit the same as the screen close-up... but if you look hard enough its the same. There appears to be little square impressions on the screen fabric and I think its the same on Ginos but the lack appropraite lighting on it hides this fact.

WOW thats it, you found it GINO:thumbsup

You guys must think about that the original has been used many times and after a while the pattern in the fabric start to change and also become alot more floating.

I belive this is it, and I know for a fact how good GINO is in this, I have met the guy and been to his home, and his work are amazing.

Gino, I am very interested in a cloak:love

The material doesn't look Exact because it is also new. There are so many things that have to be considered. One very fundamental thing that some are not taking into consideration There is a difference of new material Vs material that has been worn for some time.

Many people over look this, it is similar with the Vader capes, if you want the EXACT looking thing it has to be worn in so to speak when you are matching these shots, anyone who understands the basic's of these types of materials knows what I am talking about.

The Material looks good to me :thumbsup

I know that Gino has been looking for the exact fabric for the ROTJ Emperor robe for a very long time because I have as well and he and I have traded views on it at times before. Having thought that the proper fabric would never be found, I went the route of other props done here before and bought various items such as blankets made from a waffle weave fabric that looks more like the waffle weave in RacerX's photo but there is actually a more dynamic pattern and weave to the ROTJ robe than just waffle weave, which doesn't seem to show very well in the photo posted by RacerX or show up on screen either. There are other photos of the Palpatine robe in existence that show this pattern quite well and further to that, Gino has seen the original in person. You may not agree with Gino's approach perhaps but I know from having dealt with him before and from all that I've seen of his contributions here on the board, if he says this is exact, it's exact.

Looks like the same fabric to me. The original just looks like it was washed a few times.

I think the fabric doesn't look as loose because the material is New and
hasn't been machine washed or drycleaned.. A lot of these type of materials
loosen up after being cleaned, not to mention the talented people in the movie
industry wouldn't just send it to the set without the material looking worn in a
little.. It would make movies a little less believable if all the costumes looked new..

LOLOL
So you're starting a GINO religion?:lol Belief in defiance of good eyesight....I love it:thumbsup

I'll be taking some pics of one of the test hoods set atop my old emperor bust sometime tomorrow. It should give a good impression of what it's going to look like when finished.

Once the emperor project is completed, the next sewing based project will be the royal guard.

A lot.
It's the only way to get a lot of things accomplished over a span of time. A good deal of the time, a project's progress is dependent on people other than just myself. So I figure have as many going on at once that I can handle and eventually they will all come to fruition. No one project inhibits another from having progress, so it is a good way to do things.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back