AAV Drop Ship

Those peaches look great - and I say that as one from Georgia, a state known for its peaches.

Most countries that host the Olympics find them to be extremely stressful, and certainly not a profitable enterprise. I know it has to have been even more stressful for the people of Japan to accomplish the games in the current situation. Thank y'all for making it happen.

(And a big CONGRATULATIONS to Lee Kiefer, who is the first American to ever win a gold medal in foil in an Olympic fencing event. (While she's in medical school, no less.)

Back on topic, those are some very cleverly done rivets. I'm eagerly awaiting seeing everything get painted up.

Those peaches look delicious!

And very clever way to create the bolts

Thank you, Analyzer-san!
That pic also makes me wanna eat one!

Looking great Katsu-san, looking great(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy:
Thank you always, joberg-san!
Those peaches look great - and I say that as one from Georgia, a state known for its peaches.

Most countries that host the Olympics find them to be extremely stressful, and certainly not a profitable enterprise. I know it has to have been even more stressful for the people of Japan to accomplish the games in the current situation. Thank y'all for making it happen.

(And a big CONGRATULATIONS to Lee Kiefer, who is the first American to ever win a gold medal in foil in an Olympic fencing event. (While she's in medical school, no less.)

Back on topic, those are some very cleverly done rivets. I'm eagerly awaiting seeing everything get painted up.

Oh, yes!! oh yes!! When I was young, I read the book 'When peaches are ripe in Georgia' written by Yoshio Kataoka. That is a road traveling novel. Young Japanese guy travels all around the USA by car. I used to dream of traveling all around the USA by car. I'm too old for that though.

As I looking back on the history of the Olympic game, It was started in the disaster of disease. Most of all the soldiers of both opponent countries got infectious sick in the middle of the conflict and couldn't go on fight anymore. Then the mighty god came down and said 'Thou, do hold an athletic competition festival'
What a co-incident!
Although we found much awkward management on the Olympic game in this situation, Seem from the philosophy of the Olympic game, I should say this is an honorable thing to have it here this time.
Oh, one more thing. I'm so relieved to hear that we could offer a moment of silence in the opening ceremony, for the athletes of Israel who died in the Munich Olympic game. That was what we couldn't do for almost 50 years though.

Hurrah, Lee Kiefer!

WOW what can I say I have just read all 87 pages and I'm astounded with the workmanship. well done Yuumi2891103 cant wait to see further progress.
Wow, too! Thank you very much for reading all the pages I posted.

Most of it is my unplanned and reckless experimental-like work. However, if you had enjoyed it even a bit, I'm so happy.

The build of this model is basically finished. All I should do is just start up paint it up, but, as always, I'm feeling that I could add something more to this. That is a feeling I've often been trapped in. Maybe I am too much involved in this model for the last two and a half years. Let's just back off and cool down a while. The paint job will be done soon anyway.

You need to repost the threads to your other models and the thousand pages to go through for those. Its always enjoyable.
I think most would enjoy just the post you make of doing random work around the house and garden.
Always entertaining.

Wow, too! Thank you very much for reading all the pages I posted.

Most of it is my unplanned and reckless experimental-like work. However, if you had enjoyed it even a bit, I'm so happy.

The build of this model is basically finished. All I should do is just start up paint it up, but, as always, I'm feeling that I could add something more to this. That is a feeling I've often been trapped in. Maybe I am too much involved in this model for the last two and a half years. Let's just back off and cool down a while. The paint job will be done soon anyway.
Looking forward to seeing the paint job.

Well, it's been awhile guys, and I'm back to see flowers, hydrangeas, undercarriage, public baths, cats and donuts!
Plus the Cobra-Apache-Skycrane is looking absolutely superb...Derek Meddings, bless his soul would love that!!!
trust everyone is 'peachy?' :)

Nice to see you back, Chuffy-san!
Long time no see. I thought you were in the Indian ocean on a tuna fishing boat!

1628729469595.png

Thanks for your pleasant comment. Yup, we are all peachy! :lol:

Now we are spending days to keep our small garden not be a jungle.

The sunlight of this summer is particularly strong. Even if we shut the curtains, the sunlight makes the curtains hot like a heat panel.
My highness asked me to set up the sunshades outside over the windows. I've checked those things retailing. 90,000 - 150,000 yen($900-1500)! Holy cow! And it looks no good. A few days ago, highness kindly found the cloth of curtain leftover in a closet for a long time. So I bought a couple of 14 feet of water tubes and a reel of para code and hooks and weights. Daughter #1 Yuki did a sewing machine on it. That was a piece of cake for her.

1628726496566.png
1628726294838.png
1628726328108.png
1628726412843.png

Paid 5000 yen ($50) for them.

AjuA7j9m.jpg

Axxi4Khm.jpg

sPy8Hhlm.jpg

Here's another crisis.
On the day evening, Yuki suddenly screamed, 'Ghee!!' Her face was pale like arctic ice!
She was forgetting the wedding ceremony her friend hold the next morning. Actually, she misunderstood the date of the wedding as the day after next. 'No dress! My hair! Oh, I'm gonna die!', The first dress she found in her closet was ... ah... no good even for my eyes. That may be good for the meeting of PTA. The crisis dial is reaching the red zone. Here comes my highness again. I get you a better one. And she brought a purple dress she wore a long time ago. That looks good.
Soon, Yuki fixed the sizes here and there. My highness cut a potted orchid for the corsage.

5M5lzUcm.jpg

hmkm50wm.jpg

So, it looks like we can survive this summer anyway.

u9stosim.jpg

All is well that ends well, Katsu-san.And both your sunscreen and your daughter look great (sorry,that was an unfortunate sum up).Saved by the...Highness :cool:
Fingers crossed for coolness...other than your projects,your daughters,your Higness,the dresses,the peaches...(this could take a while)

Nice to see you back, Chuffy-san!
Long time no see. I thought you were in the Indian ocean on a tuna fishing boat!

View attachment 1483886

Thanks for your pleasant comment. Yup, we are all peachy! :lol:

Now we are spending days to keep our small garden not be a jungle.

The sunlight of this summer is particularly strong. Even if we shut the curtains, the sunlight makes the curtains hot like a heat panel.
My highness asked me to set up the sunshades outside over the windows. I've checked those things retailing. 90,000 - 150,000 yen($900-1500)! Holy cow! And it looks no good. A few days ago, highness kindly found the cloth of curtain leftover in a closet for a long time. So I bought a couple of 14 feet of water tubes and a reel of para code and hooks and weights. Daughter #1 Yuki did a sewing machine on it. That was a piece of cake for her.

View attachment 1483880View attachment 1483876View attachment 1483877View attachment 1483879
Paid 5000 yen ($50) for them.

View attachment 1483887

View attachment 1483888

View attachment 1483889

Here's another crisis.
On the day evening, Yuki suddenly screamed, 'Ghee!!' Her face was pale like arctic ice!
She was forgetting the wedding ceremony her friend hold the next morning. Actually, she misunderstood the date of the wedding as the day after next. 'No dress! My hair! Oh, I'm gonna die!', The first dress she found in her closet was ... ah... no good even for my eyes. That may be good for the meeting of PTA. The crisis dial is reaching the red zone. Here comes my highness again. I get you a better one. And she brought a purple dress she wore a long time ago. That looks good.
Soon, Yuki fixed the sizes here and there. My highness cut a potted orchid for the corsage.

View attachment 1483890

View attachment 1483891

So, it looks like we can survive this summer anyway.

View attachment 1483892

Great pictures and a superb quick fix to all those trappings of life...dress sorted, window sorted - crisis averted...time for a beer (y)

Thank you, my friends! All I could do was just stood still with opening my mouth while the dress crisis.o_O

Here we are on a short holiday in midsummer. Most of the Japanese visit their ancestors' graves.
We took a short trip to the seaside nearby and enjoyed fresh seafood.
Here is Shira-Hama - part of green - a small town in a cape of Chiba pref. The red part is my place, Yachimata.
Just a one and a half hours drive on a highway.

1628897238852.png

1628897404918.png

We had lunch at the small restaurant by the beach. All those seafood are fished up on that morning.

1L2a8VZm.jpg

FQmI590m.jpg

Abalone. No Japanese dislike this! Taste like a kind of fresh fruit and nice click-click crispy texture.
1628899434378.png

Sashimi(Raw) of Ise-shrimp (Ise-Ebi). The king of shrimp!

1628899390709.png

And grilled one!

JUiP1Mkm.jpg

These foods have been a tribute to God since ancient times. It's so delicious.

Abalone always makes Yuki and Miki like a kid.
We rarely are able to enjoy this. If you order the size of this in Tokyo, it may cost you $50-60 for a single dish.

1628897719071.png
1628899264208.png

Turban shell
1628899603812.png

We strolled the beach. It was cloudy and not that hot. So they didn't have to worry about sunburn.

1628899511140.png

That was a very short trip but I hope they could forget about the daily stressful life for a while.

When you visit Japan, please try those places.
It takes only 80 min from Tokyo by express train.

1628900540692.png

1628900651495.png

I hope you are all well and enjoy your life,

Katsu

Attachments

• 1628899649290.png
    1628899649290.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 62
Well, your family has been busy! Good to see you all having a great time. My Highness and I had a nice trip to Arkansas last month. Not the biggest vacation spot around but then no tourist traps either. Just a nice time on a lake with some friends.
Trying to get some model building done but the weather is so nice I find myself working out side. Maybe tomorrow!

Thank you for dropping by, Ken-san! How nice to have a trip with your Highness! All I know about the state of Arkansas is the place of Bob Lee Swagger the hero of the series of exciting novels came from. Mid eastern of the USA? It's a beautiful place I guess. Here we have rainy days for weeks. But we may have quiet autumn soon. It's time to get back to my build. I may have to reorganize the work shack and buy a few paints cans and get ready.
Well, I'm looking forward to seeing your next project.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back