AAV Drop Ship

As much as I love your builds... I really like how you take us on these short trips giving us a glimpse into your personal experiences. Most people wouldn't do that. I hope I speak for all of us when I thank you for the fun you continue to share.

Now get back to work! ;)

Last edited:
Katsu-san’s , ‘ Little Life’s ‘ side journeys and exploits , thrown in at random intervals during his wonderful builds is what adds ‘spice’ to his ‘preparatory’ main course for me ...., Keep ‘cooking’ these delicious threads Chef ! :p

I think the tail section looks great as is

Cheers strolling down memory lane

I often catch myself in moments acting like my parents. The older you get the more you can understand what they had gone through and likewise, your kids will someday have the same experiences

As much as I love your builds... I really how you take us on these short trips giving us a glimpse into your personal experiences. Most people wouldn't do that. I hope I speak for all of us when I thank you for the fun you continue to share.

Now get back to work!

Thank you for your kind comment, my friend.
And, sir, yes, sir., I'll back to work and post up soon (y)

Katsu-san’s , ‘ Little Life’s ‘ side journeys and exploits , thrown in at random intervals during his wonderful builds is what adds ‘spice’ to his ‘preparatory’ main course for me ...., Keep ‘cooking’ these delicious threads Chef ! :p

Thanks for your compliment for my little dish.
I wish I could serve more good hot meal on a warm dish for you.

I think the tail section looks great as is

Cheers strolling down memory lane

I often catch myself in moments acting like my parents. The older you get the more you can understand what they had gone through and likewise, your kids will someday have the same experiences

You are right, Analyzer-san.
When I was young and stupid, I often couldn't understand my parents and I often resisted them.
As you say, I am getting understand what they were thinking for their kids.
My daughter's are doing right so far. They should thank me so much because I'm trying my best to act as a living bad examples for them!

Dear my best friends,

I've been here in this forum for almost ten years now and I'm so lucky that I could know many wonderful people here. I know this forum is exist for exchange the information, tips and experiences about model building. But not only share about model building, I sometimes feel that I want to share some other things about me with my best and trustworthy friends. Maybe the best way to do would be talking each other in person with having some cup of coffee or some beer and that's what I dream of.

Thanks!

katsu

I love following builds as well as getting to know more about other people in the process

If you ever find yourself on New York/Philadelphia/Washington region of the US I will buy you a drink and lunch/dinner

It sure would be great to get everyone together in one spot. Best option though for something like that would be a group chat via Skype. But that can be hard to get organized

Thank you so much for the wonderful offer my friends.
United States Both coasts) and Western Australia is the place I always adore. :love:
And if you have a chance to visit here in Japan, YOU can count on me! (y)

MwNcKMp.jpg

q4cS3Sw.jpg

AA3FrsR.jpg

Wtg7SSe.jpg

fVHLr2T.jpg

Today, I did weeding my little yards.
Continuing rain makes it look like somewhere in Amazon.

katsu

You are certainly a master at scribing panel lines and adding rivets. I have a hard time doing those myself. I always mess up the corners or wind up with lines that are not parallel or are unevenly spaced.

Weeding sucks. We have had a lot of rain here giving whole new meaning to the expression of "growing like weeds"

Your metal work is going from strength to strength Katsu-san , simply stunning !
Have you decided to ‘taper’ the rear wing flaps or will you be leaving it straight ? . Wondering also how thick/thin the sheet metal you’re using is, and if you’ve any plans to have access hatches open (main fuselage) to show off some internal details ?

Just mowed my lawns over the weekend - had a break from the wet, winter weather here for a few days. I hate gardening :confused:

Ged

You are certainly a master at scribing panel lines and adding rivets. I have a hard time doing those myself. I always mess up the corners or wind up with lines that are not parallel or are unevenly spaced.

Weeding sucks. We have had a lot of rain here giving whole new meaning to the expression of "growing like weeds"
Thanks Analyzer san,
Scribing on a metal sheet is rather easy because you can make it before bend or shaping.

Your metal work is going from strength to strength Katsu-san , simply stunning !
Have you decided to ‘taper’ the rear wing flaps or will you be leaving it straight ? . Wondering also how thick/thin the sheet metal you’re using is, and if you’ve any plans to have access hatches open (main fuselage) to show off some internal details ?

Just mowed my lawns over the weekend - had a break from the wet, winter weather here for a few days. I hate gardening :confused:

Ged

Thanks Ged san, I mainly use 0.5 mm thick sheet. 0.3 mm for detailing and when I use more than 1 mm thick, I do heat up and hammering.

Maintenance access hatch is an idea I am concidering. Anyway, the back side of the rear fuselage will be open for holding a ground vehicles. So I may have to put a lot of mechanical detailing on it.
For a nose section, I may put some hatch for ..... wait a minuit... why am I feeling like I m provoked. .... You bad boy!

Yup, weeding is sucks. And bag it and carry them out is the suckest.

Katsu

Lol !..., You misunderstand me too well my friend - I’m not provoking, I’m prodding , promoting & prompting ! ;)
Can’t wait to see what you devise as a ‘ ground vehicle ‘ or ..., 2 !? :D

We all look forward to seeing it.

Thanks! Tom san.

Lol !..., You misunderstand me too well my friend - I’m not provoking, I’m prodding , promoting & prompting ! ;)
Can’t wait to see what you devise as a ‘ ground vehicle ‘ or ..., 2 !? :D

....Ah ha....:unsure:

OK,
We have been to Ameyoko, Ueno, Tokyo yesterday. Shopped some exotic food and spices. There were a lot of tourist from all over the world. Many Chinese and Vietnamese. When I tried to shoot ourselves, my wife suddenly imitated as Chinese and I could not stop laughing at her hilarious behavior.
'Nǐ hǎo, rìběn. Wǒmen ài rìběn!
'What are you doing?!'
'Who ever takes the picture at the place like this must be hicks or tourist'
'Oh, I see!.'

This place is the true chaos.

c83SfXE.jpg

CjNd0fc.jpg

i3hkHdU.jpg

jlmQStj.jpg

itvkqhw.jpg

zuSAO8x.jpg

cNHMwyM.jpg

Military surplus shop.

yzBU95X.jpg

m4U2BCA.jpg

thanks for watching

Last edited:
Great pictures.

Going into the surplus store would probably be an expensive mistake for me. I love going to the ones here. Getting to shop at one in another country would be amazing.

Thanks Tom san,

The surplus store is very old. ミリタリーショップ 革ジャン 中田商店 I often visit there for shopping.
Recently many young ladies are coming this store. Military items are attracting them as much as they are getting attracted by survival game.
As you can see from my wife, women are extremely high in struggle instinct. :eek:

I'm now taking time to think about the design of the center of the main wing.

I hate shopping. Most of the time I am the guy sitting on the bench or out in the car waiting for his wife to come out of the store

...except when I pass a hobby store, music store, or military surplus store. Then I become my wife and could spend lots of time looking at everything.

I hate shopping. Most of the time I am the guy sitting on the bench or out in the car waiting for his wife to come out of the store

...except when I pass a hobby store, music store, or military surplus store. Then I become my wife and could spend lots of time looking at everything.

We all need a patience. But there are a few good point at accompany shopping with your wife. Follow your partner and check the things she interested in. Sometimes it may be a little expensive jewelry or accessories she hesitates to buy. Sometimes it may be a handbag of her favorite or a sweater. Check the color or patterns her favorite taste. Maybe it's gonna be a good reference when you consider her birthday gift or something.

Here's a little progress.

I have been thinking about the design of the wing pivot cover. Finally I thought simple is the best and should not be a different taste with rear wing cover.

I always love to carve a wood with this chisel. It's a 100 years old one my grand grand father gave to my father.
It can carve a hard wood like you do on a carrot.

KUIbVkm.jpg

I heated up the 0.8 mm aluminum sheet up to about 230 c deg with a hand torch and cooled it down slowly.
How could I know it's 230 c deg? It's a secret. Na... Just draw some line with a magic marker pencil. When it's erased, It's 230 c deg.

'It's Hammer time' (Too aged... How is he doing now?)

FsoWEig.jpg

Oh I love hammering. It makes me feel like I'm really handcrafting.

WWUZ5Q1.jpg

0MqBgPC.jpg

lwG2PNC.jpg

Polished and scribe some panel lines.

fDdMSoR.jpg

w3fBYfc.jpg

I will make a bottom plate tomorrow.
Well, I will take a afternoon nap.

Thanks for looking,

katsu

Attachments

• fDdMSoR.jpg
    fDdMSoR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
That nap was well earned. Beautiful job on that part.

I can just imagine how impressed your father and grandfather would be to see how creative you are, and pleased that the chisel is still being used.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back