AAV Drop Ship

yuumi2891103

Master Member
Hello to my friends.
It's been more than a year since I built the last model.
I posted a few small projects for a while but a month ago I started another model building project.
Some sketches, plan drawing and a few test build have been done.

The model will be a quad engine VTOL drops a amphibious attack vehicle.

1coAV1H.jpg

lSQkGsR.jpg

K8cJxkM.jpg

Basic structure

gbjPUkk.jpg

Then I started to build from a couple of ejection seats.

Ua8K55E.jpg

Cze6Vjq.jpg

PF13yXf.jpg

npr915c.jpg

Oxygen bottles.

Xjo1AxI.jpg

YRKaOLE.jpg

4IINjX0.jpg

NhAymYc.jpg

DIx3JA4.jpg

1VEMolO.jpg

So far, this is it.

Thanks for looking.

Katsu

Looks cool, but I have to ask, is your intention that this could land on the water? I'm wondering since you called it amphibious.

Wow! looking forward to this!

Thank you! Analyzer-san.

YES!!!! Another one of Yummi's adventures begins! :)

Thanks always, Sofaking, my friend,

Cool! Those seats are great!

Thank you very much!, Fett Ish -san.

Very interesting, as a Marine I have to say that I really like the idea.

Seats do look great! As a Marine, too, and a former AAV crewman, the concept is very cool.

Wow, wow wow, real professional Marines are here! I'm so glad that you are interested my project!
Your professional opinions and advices will be most welcomed. I always love AAV-7 and I want to build a little bit near future version of this great vehicle. I should say thank you Riceball-san and korben44-san in advance. I always respect the US Marines. One of the reason is a fact that the former Imperial Japanese Marines and Armys once fought with you to their end. (Yes, I'm a old man XD) . I always wanted to talk to the person of US Marine in person. I have many things to discuss about.

Oh, I should have show you my concept a bit more about this model. I guess all you people well known the famous drop ship of the movie Aliens. That drop ship contains one AFV in its bay. I thought if the drop ship could drop the AFV on the ground or surface, those Marines could deploy more rapidly. The drop ship flies low to the LZ and quickly drop the AFV and fly away or strafe on the peripheral enemies.

EradPaH.jpg

qYkiqVg.jpg

VCVrSGl.jpg

kl9kBgp.jpg

F9SKWnt.jpg

gcEOYLQ.jpg

ekaf7Je.jpg

CRbKZIf.jpg

The scale of this model is 1/24. Approx 50 cm long.

Thanks for watching.

katsu

It reminds me bit of what an A-10 would look like if it morphed into a landing craft, especially with that chin mounted gun. The A-10s seemed to be one of the most reliable and durable modern aircraft

The US Marines were developing a replacement for the AAV... the EFV... I don't know where it's at nowadays, but here's what it looks like:

Expeditionary_Fighting_Vehicle_EFV_00.jpg614d4d9c-44fe-4d75-bb75-122d00a78697Default.jpg

Nice to see you back at it again. Always fun to watch your work.

Thanks, Michael-san, how's going?

It reminds me bit of what an A-10 would look like if it morphed into a landing craft, especially with that chin mounted gun. The A-10s seemed to be one of the most reliable and durable modern aircraft

Yes you are right, A10 is my all time favorite. I can't deny it was in my mind when I drew those sketches.

The US Marines were developing a replacement for the AAV... the EFV... I don't know where it's at nowadays, but here's what it looks like:

View attachment 1008622

Oh, Yes, I saw this vehicle in the TV show hosted by Lee Ermey a few years ago. It runs on the water like a speed boat.
It has a unique function that both tracks are retracted and covered with the doors when it's running on the water.
I'm thinking that if I could make a same function to my AAV.

I'm very happy to see a new thread from Katsu-san! Your projects are so much fun to watch...

Tom-san, my friend. I always need your support to finish my model.
I can work on this project almost everyday. At least, till the noon. Hey, I'm kind a busy than I thought before.
Besides of making a bento box for my wife, I started to open a home tavern a few weeks ago for my wife and daughter. It opens 6 pm. They sit at the counter table of the kitchen and order me any dishes on the menu. It's kind of like a beer snacks. Something I can cook quickly with anything in a refrigerator.

Here's my Tavern 'Katsu-chan' :D
S32vp7B-D7VPFVpby5amfskMf86ZAXY779MVX3Jex8rhR_njBv_IH8HngNCulra7pXAdvHNH10vLR1yt8X3=w651-h867-no.jpg

Here are some short order menu. It changes subject to the stock.

QSHhQH13-A4JL3FQfXtvSKTnInDZqgusB4SyoykPtxpayXluNwMtkHfxmJ6PFq538KsvZdPovFHLStDgQW=w1157-h867-no.jpg

AOKvMhsQ5UYT2WWWB4FnvNxRl4omcWqPRtox_geInoOpEKG7mOHdKGUfp60TxJlL2jzn40KHhl80Ja4uii=w1157-h867-no.jpg

They enjoy beer or sake for an hour with many talk and we have a main dish. Sometime it's a simple pasta or a bowl of Ramen.
It's nothing tough for me. Although I have to start preparation from 4 pm or 5 pm, it's so fun to me.
They always come back from work in a hurry looking forward to sitting at this counter.
The good things to me ? You don't have to worry about thinking about the menu every day and the dead stock in the refrigerator is dramatically reduced. When you come to Japan, don't forget to visit my tavern 'Katsu-chan'.

Thanks for looking

katsu the master of short order,

Thanks, Michael-san, how's going?

katsu the master of short order,

Not too bad. Been working a whole lot. Although I ended up with my toe hurting so bad yesterday, had to go to the doctor, ended up having gout in my toe, which is extremely painful. Thankfully the medicine they gave me is helping a lot. Other than that, I've been working on this video for all my relatives that I'll be showing this next Christmas, but its taking me the whole year to get everything done, as I've written a part for all my family, 30+ people. Getting with them all can be a challenge as we all have our own different schedules. As well as I have a few group parts that will even be harder to figure out. Some of it has to be filmed over a green screen for some effects, which is what I'm trying to figure out now, doing tests and such. So yeah, been busy.

Not too bad. Been working a whole lot. Although I ended up with my toe hurting so bad yesterday, had to go to the doctor, ended up having gout in my toe, which is extremely painful. Thankfully the medicine they gave me is helping a lot. Other than that, I've been working on this video for all my relatives that I'll be showing this next Christmas, but its taking me the whole year to get everything done, as I've written a part for all my family, 30+ people. Getting with them all can be a challenge as we all have our own different schedules. As well as I have a few group parts that will even be harder to figure out. Some of it has to be filmed over a green screen for some effects, which is what I'm trying to figure out now, doing tests and such. So yeah, been busy.

It's too bad you injured your toe. Please take care.
But it is nice to hear you doing well as always.
Sounds great about your video. because I knew your skill for those.
Please enjoy your busy life.
I look forward to see your new masterpiece.

katsu

Sounds like a wonderful tavern with great company!

Thanks! It's sooo fun to me. I always wanted to be a bartender or cook of a diner. :D

Such a cool design. How do you cut your plexi glass?

I'm using 3 mm to 5 mm plexi to build those base structures, So I mainly use table saw.

The zasai sounds good. How spicy is it? (I'm a firm believer that food should not hurt!)

Haha, Tom-san, As you know, zasai is one of Chinese pickles. Not so spicy but very salty as it is. I usually buy some chunk and slice it thin and dip in a water for a little while for de-salting. It's so good for beer snack and fried rice. also, you can use it for a Chinese soup. Zasai and thin sliced tomato and boil with some water. Very easy and tasty. I love those spicy food. I love Indian curry. Tom yam kung soup of Thailand, Korean kimuchi, any Mexican food. Sometimes, those spicy food would fix your stomach conditions and makes your skins smoother.

Thank you very much for many comments and likes my friends.
That's a strong support for me.
Here's a little progress of the last week.
I have been making some instruments panels around the cockpit of pilot.
I really felt that my eyes are getting so weak.

Llmn0TO.jpg

swMMKSo.jpg

I've used 2 mm thick orange acrylic plates.
iFC5i75.jpg

I made a X,Y axis cross table last year and I used it this time for the first time.

SHMKuWM.jpg

Emrk9s1.jpg

WTJCD3y.jpg

iqObtKp.jpg

47PhaWh.jpg

EgUZfyg.jpg

Oi49jov.jpg

STuYIZf.jpg

WvgsD6j.jpg

CJDIRsP.jpg

hhQWLtZ.jpg

With a back light.

2l2PKXz.jpg

glvNoq5.jpg

I will make an up front panel next and then go for weapon officers cockpit.
Sorry for a bit boring and slow progress but as always your suggestion and advice will be welcomed.
Thanks for watching.

And congratulations, Tiger Woods. That was A historical great victory. Thinking about his past tough years, I couldn't stop shedding tears for him.

Katsu

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back