AAV Drop Ship

Looks like a fun day!
Looks like the whole family had a fun time shopping!
Fun with the Famuhwee---(said like a little kid might say it) :D
Katsu-san, thanks for sharing the photos of your trip! I'm happy that your gift cheered up your wife and the trip itself did you all a world of good(y)
Katsu-San, so glad to see the family together, happy and safe. Keep well, my friend.
Glad to see the smiles on your dials Katsu !... and Keep safe mate !:D

Thank you so much, gentlemen, my friends.

I had a really happy feeling like having one fine day after long rainy days.

Nothing compares with the happy feeling comes from knowing that all the families are fine and healthy and have many good friends who bless me like this. I am quitting beer these days. Of course whiskey either. I will be quitting until at least I feel enough.
Today, I and my daughter No.1 climbed up to the rooftop and did a waterproof work. That old roof is getting leaking these days. Before we have long rainy days in this particular season I thought I should mend it up. We put 100 yards of tar tapes on to it. That was heavy work but when we had just finished, It started to rain instantly. Really heavy rain. So far, it looks like the leak is stopping.

When I was working with my daughter, I felt like I am getting old and dull.:( And on the other hand, my daughter's capability was amazing even for that kind of work.:oops:
It's alright. I'm happy with it.

Thanks again,
katsu.

Thank you for sharing the good news, Katsu-san !
It seems repairs were made just in time ! Good job by both you and your daughter.
I can very much relate to the 'sunshine-after-rain' feeling.It is highly necessary from time to time in order to 'breathe'.I am happy it was bestowed upon you when you needed it, and that your wife is doing much better now.Such a blessing.

Same here; we had a 'heatwave' for a week and it was terrible.I am never this claustrophobic (in all ways) and short of breath except when these temperatures come up with high humidity.Now the weather is considerably cooler and somewhat cloudy, and I immediately feel I can 'breathe again'; even my skin, which all of the sudden doesn't feel 'plastic-coated' anymore.

George-san. I like your new avatar.
I thought you are a bit elder. :unsure:

Here are a few rough sketches of the vehicle.
This is the eight-wheeler version.
I have an idea of making those tires. I hope it works.
9GL4Mt6.jpg

It can carry one cockpit crew, one C4i coordinator, one mission commander, and a dozen of soldiers.
dfrgCDO.jpg

vnosNpy.jpg

Just like a Batmobile, the driver takes a prone position on a driver's cradle.

3RJl3kd.jpg

Beneath the driver, there is a large front wheel housing and lithium-ion power pack.
All the wheels are driven by individual high power motor. So the steering will be done by controlling the RPM of each wheel.
Both sides of the driver are the seats for the commander and C4i coordinator.

Here's one o the soldier's seat with a safety holdback bar and a rack for their rifle.
NTjrr2h.jpg

RpPVfmZ.jpg

I believe Marines will be still using the M4 assault rifle in the next 50 years. ;)

No beer for almost a week. I feel like my body lighter than usual.

Yesterday's and Today's special bento!

Tricolor minced pork and beef with soy/sake sauce with scrambled eggs and fried green vegetables.
yiI71DW.jpg

Thinly sliced pork with ginger sauce and fried green bell peppers.
This is their favorite.
X2FbszW.jpg

And I made a bunch of beef jerky today!
tLZQpa7.jpg

EQWr6Qq.jpg

3y2PQdY.jpg

I marinated those sliced beef in soy sauce and sake for 12 hours and heat up to dry with an oven. 100 degrees celsius 30 min each side.
The final ingredient is made by exposing under the strong sunlight for 30 min. So the protein turns to be an amino acid. The sunlight is wonderful!
Of course, to tell the meat cocking to the American people is like preaching Budda. I know. But maybe you guys have your secret or special recipe. I thought you might want to tell me.

When I get ready to have a beer near the future, this will be a good beer snack. :)

Thanks for looking!

Katsu 'Julia Child' F

Last edited:
Ahem.... Aussies know ‘meat’ too mate ! ;)

In all seriousness though , the drop vehicle plans look interesting.... but those bento meals are looking bloody fantastic Katsu !... er... sorry I meant “ CHEF “!!! :p

Katsu-san, actually there is no telling how old one is :p
Using myself as an example:
-When I watch my mandatory daily dosis of Spider-man/X-men/Transformers/Dragonball cartoons, I am as much a child as one can be.
-For filling in my taxes I play adult;)
-For official events I dress up in a suit and 'behave'.
That's my secret in a nutshell,but as you can tell from my avatar I retain my inner youth at all times:whistle:

Thanks for sharing these drawings; you are indeed talented in many ways!
And the cook has once again outdone himself in the kitchen :notworthy: I salute thee (eventhough I don't eat meat) ~ awesome Bento boxes there ! Keep up the good work/news and please keep posting those pictures !

Ahem.... Aussies know ‘meat’ too mate ! ;)

In all seriousness though , the drop vehicle plans look interesting.... but those bento meals are looking bloody fantastic Katsu !... er... sorry I meant “ CHEF “!!! :p

Thank you, George-san, in fact, I used 2 pounds of Aussie Beef.:D

Those bento lunches are too pretty to eat!

And I love the artwork for the vehicle. The two different tire sizes make for a great look.

Thank you, Tom-san. I drew same-sized rather smaller wheels in the first place, but it was too normal. So, I changed the front pair to a larger size.
I thought it's good to run over bumps.

I love the sketches!

The designs are very well thought out

as for cooking meats. I think most Americans are infatuated with BBQ Meat Smokers
View attachment 1320309

Although my favorite "secret" sauce is Soy Vay.

View attachment 1320310

Thank you, Analyzer-san!

Wow! That smoker is hudge! It's an American-size. I want to try smoked jerky next time. I checked the Soy Vay, It's something like a Teriyaki sauce or Korean BBQ sauce. I love it. I guess it's yummy!

Today, we are supposed to go to a survival game. But it's heavy rain outside. Better next time... :(

Looks similar in shape to the Marine's AAV... I like it! Although the AAV is a tracked vehicle and amphibious.

Hi!, my Marine co man!
Thanks for looking, Kristopher-san
As you said AAV is Amphibious Assault Vehicle. I should call this version as APC.
I'm gonna build the one with tracks and water jet propulsion for AAV.
I want to try out to make rubber tires with tread patterns. And I used built the track with individual linking parts. But that was a bit too annoying to build and a bit weak. So I like to try another way to make it this time.
For that drop ship, I would like to build several drop modules.
APC, AAV, M.A.S.H (with field surgeon and wounded soldier), and a battle droid or Mech(If I could live long enough). It may take another many months or years.

Here's a clay model of the APC version.
I used a warmed up industrial clay.
I used the oven in a kitchen. I carefully heat it up to be 60 deg c.
It took 10 minutes to be a good softness.
It was so handy for me.
They say it is supposed to coat over the roughly shaped bulky and solid styrofoam and scratch to shaping. Because it's a bit expensive to use it as solid clay modeling. This time, I didn't use any core materials because it was a rather small model.

ru016R3.jpg

pnkwlmL.jpg

mZYTGls.jpg

tQBlwTt.jpg

mmCLyLA.jpg

9wRfw6u.jpg

YACFake.jpg

CAD is wonderful but these same old clay jobs are handy and fit for me.
And I understand why those car designers are still using this clay works.

Thanks for looking,
katsu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back