A movie after "Predators"?

munson

With the phrase "want to reboot the franchise" still going through my head, I stumbled upon the Predator: the Hunted site. They spoke of the Predators movie as if it was a remake [wrote in 2003, so it is old], but they cast Dwayne [the Rock] Johnson to play Dutch. It got me thinking, he is a pretty good actor and is built.

What do you think if another movie would follow Predators [but not a remake of the original] and would need a character like Dutch?

Your thought?

Enough of this "reboot" and "remake" crap. Let's have something original for a change. Hollywood ran out of ideas long ago, and they need to find some fresh minds and come up with some things that haven't been done before.

Enough of this "reboot" and "remake" crap. Let's have something original for a change. Hollywood ran out of ideas long ago, and they need to find some fresh minds and come up with some things that haven't been done before.

Good show that man

We need a new one not a remake
do it like the P1 and P2 not all cgi shizz one tall ass guy in a pred costume

... he is a pretty good actor ...

worf.gif

worf.gif

hey he was pretty good in walking tall,gridiron gang and the rundown, i think him and vin diesel are trying to be the new arnie style actors
arnie:commando,jingle all the way
vin diesel:xxx,the pacifier
the rock:walking tall,the game plan

if you get what i mean

and lets put it this way id rather have the rock than the marine john cena who was the other person they wanted as dutch :) heres cenas jump from the end of the marine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21BxNx6vufk...feature=related

(for those who havent seen it) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpJxgVqgCRo

ah to be fair though cena wasnt as bad in 12 rounds,still not very good though

worf.gif

I agree, I thought the "reboot" was referring to making more Predator movies. They shouldn't touch the existing Pred movies (well, I don't think anyone would do any worse with the AVP series), but make new ones based upon the concepts created in the first one, like the new one is suppose to do.

I wouldn't dare suggest remaking the original. It's like the Pred Bible.

ha ha thats to funny, yep the rock sucks :)

Even though I really REALLY love the comics with duch, then I think it would be a bad thing to turn them into movies.
hmm lets just wait and see how predators turns out, and if its great, then we can wish for another one.

Dont really know John Cena, but judging from the links, he sucks big time.

worf.gif

guys the whole "the Rock", "john cena" possibility of a remake/reboot concept is very old news,(as you said yourself) i really doubt with things how they are now that rock or cena would have even a chance at a role in a pred movie, especially since RR wen't such a different route with predators, which i think was smart, cause like we all know, who can compare to arnold and all his muscles and "one-liners". i guess they could go and consider really old ideas but that remake was talked about so long ago i doubt it even has a possibility of happening. you only usually find it in either old archives of existing sites, or on sites that are severely past due for an update.

besides, if they do "remake" predator, i will go completely ******* postal on hollywood, don't think i'm bluffin', someone, at least, will die. ( i can get away with one poor soul, i'm sure of it)

after all it is, like previously stated, "the pred bible"

I know this kinda off topic but i'd like to see a Predator qaudtrilogy
like for eg
Predator
Predators
Predator 2
Predator????

like the Alien franchise, i think that would be pretty cool.

Still say concrete jungle either one(Book or game) if done right would make a pretty sweet movie.But I wouldnt be talking about a sequel to predators just yet.We havent seen it yet saying sequel to that doesnt make any sense.Now more then likely there is going to be a sequel we all know hollywood they just wont let a goldmine like the predator go cause there is still a fair amount you can do with the creature.But I'll hold my judgement on sequel untill I see it at least twice.Just to get my fanboyism out of the way.

I think a pred movie that is removed from the rest. they show the predators as a singular adversary in the initial two movies.
Hmm im thinking of something like predator versus predator here on earth. clan vs clan both fighting on earth for trophies and general hatred towards each other.
Something like this could be easily done without it becoming corny like adding in subtitles (i think that would ruin it)
a visual of one pred noticing another ship coming into orbit and firing upon it above the earth. Simple imagery.

Then on the ground it becomes a minor war zone some preds fighting each other and police and general armed public in the mix. Government cover ups saying terrorist actions are responsible for any explosions.

I would see a movie like that - pred 2 concept but with more.

and as long as they dont get any thug characters in it they just want to shoot stuff put it from a joe public point of view.

apart form this idea i reckon just having an alien versus predator movie that is actually based somewhat on the games with weyland yutani corp at the centre trying to capture everything for research.
You could easily play it from all three perspectives too.

The thing that really lets me down though is looking back on all of the movies of alien and predator there was at least a hint of horror even to this day, however the current movies are just thriller/scifi.

like the Alien franchise, i think that would be pretty cool.

Lets just hope it woulndt follow in its footsteps.

Alien = best one = predator

Aliens = good but first one better = predator 2

Alien 3 = Nothing compared to the previous ones - Predators (hoping it follows the lv of the first one)

Alien ressurection = Same as above - ???

yeah i think a second film would be good... awsome :D

but... i wouldnt want em to ruin the franchise any more than AVP 2 did :)

i hope predators is awsome from the trailer i think it will be

and bout actors... to pull off any more movies there needs to be an all star cast or at least the main character cos else they r gonna screw it all up

A new alien film is also bieng made "xenomorph 3d" .... it already sounds crp i hope they dont do that to the pred series!!!!!!!!!!!!! :popcorn:

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back