Evil Dead Necronomicon pages (in full color)

jcporcel

I've been making replicas of the Evil Dead franchise Necronomicon pages for a very long time but I usually made simple black and white versions so they were cheap to print and easy to weather (using simple photocopies or a laser printer). I've always got request for the pages in red or brown so they looked more like in the movies, so this year I've started to slowly re-order and remake all my old pages but in full color (even if it still looks rather monochromatic once on paper...).

Just now I finished the pages from the third movie (Army of Darkness), so I thought I would share everything here since there is always someone who needs more necro-pages and the 3 movie add up to decent amount of pages.

Here is the preview form all the pages available up until now...

Evil Dead 1:
ED1.jpg

Evil Dead 2 (red pages):
ed2-red.jpg

Evil Deas 2 (lost pages):
ed2-lost.jpg

Army of Darkness:
army-darkness.jpg

Here I leave the download page with all the versions, images or PDF (links at the end of the page):
Necronomicon Ex Mortis (full color) | The Elder Props

All pages can be downloaded for free but donations are always very much appreciated!

Hey man, just want to say a thank you for the Elder Props stuff. You've helped a lot of fans over the recent years make personal copies for themselves with your images. Especially with the 2013 ones that are absolutely stunning.

Woah, these are fantastic illustrations. Thank you for sharing and offering them.
Are the images ordered for how they should be placed in the book, or does it not matter?

What paper would you recommend to have them printed on, and the technique of aging the pages?

Sorry one last question, do you know of a good replica 3D model of the Necronomicon?

Hey man, just want to say a thank you for the Elder Props stuff. You've helped a lot of fans over the recent years make personal copies for themselves with your images. Especially with the 2013 ones that are absolutely stunning.
Thanks for the comment! learned everything useful or interesting I know online so I try to give back to the internet in the form of pages filled with skeletons!
And every time I look at the 2013 pages I want to remake them... That was probably my first attempt at replicating anything so there's quite a lot of things that could be upgraded...

Woah, these are fantastic illustrations. Thank you for sharing and offering them.
Are the images ordered for how they should be placed in the book, or does it not matter?

What paper would you recommend to have them printed on, and the technique of aging the pages?

Sorry one last question, do you know of a good replica 3D model of the Necronomicon?
I usually try to make my all my props in the absolutely most cheap way possible so my go-to paper is always regular printer paper. Regarding aging, my very simple but very effective technique is just crumpling the pages and then soaking them in coffee. The paper seams heavier so it always looks good. After they are dry maybe throw them a couple extra drops of coffee to add some mold-looking spots and marks and that's it.
If I had to get fancy with the paper, I would use a sketchbook to make the pages. Sketchbooks for drawing with pencil or ink usually have a heavier paper which also tends to have a bit of texture.
Even fancier, I would use paper for painting with watercolors. That is heavy-weight paper with really beautiful textures. I haven't tried with that one, but I bet once aged it probably feels like real ancient grimoires.
And no, I have no idea about 3D models, but there are several people that sculpt them by hand and sell silicone versions over at the Knights of Sumeria group over here: Knights of Sumeria: fans of Ash Williams vs the Evil Dead | Facebook if that is of any use =)

I've been making replicas of the Evil Dead franchise Necronomicon pages for a very long time but I usually made simple black and white versions so they were cheap to print and easy to weather (using simple photocopies or a laser printer). I've always got request for the pages in red or brown so they looked more like in the movies, so this year I've started to slowly re-order and remake all my old pages but in full color (even if it still looks rather monochromatic once on paper...).
I've followed your work for a long time, so happy to see some new necronomicon pages! I love archaic and occult tomes, one of my favorite prop types!

I usually try to make my all my props in the absolutely most cheap way possible so my go-to paper is always regular printer paper. Regarding aging, my very simple but very effective technique is just crumpling the pages and then soaking them in coffee. The paper seams heavier so it always looks good. After they are dry maybe throw them a couple extra drops of coffee to add some mold-looking spots and marks and that's it.
If I had to get fancy with the paper, I would use a sketchbook to make the pages. Sketchbooks for drawing with pencil or ink usually have a heavier paper which also tends to have a bit of texture.
Even fancier, I would use paper for painting with watercolors. That is heavy-weight paper with really beautiful textures. I haven't tried with that one, but I bet once aged it probably feels like real ancient grimoires.
And no, I have no idea about 3D models, but there are several people that sculpt them by hand and sell silicone versions over at the Knights of Sumeria group over here: Knights of Sumeria: fans of Ash Williams vs the Evil Dead | Facebook if that is of any use =)
Thank you for the comprehensive reply. Really appreciate that.

Amazing! Are there any thoughts or best practices around how one would bind those pages together in one of the covers being sold out there? I'm happy to do the work, just not sure how it's done.
Thanks!

Just now I finished the pages from the third movie (Army of Darkness), so I thought I would share everything here since there is always someone who needs more necro-pages and the 3 movie add up to decent amount of pages.

Here is the preview form all the pages available up until now...

Evil Dead 1:
View attachment 1709588

Evil Dead 2 (red pages):
View attachment 1709589

Evil Deas 2 (lost pages):
View attachment 1709590

Army of Darkness:
View attachment 1709591
Here I leave the download page with all the versions, images or PDF (links at the end of the page):
Necronomicon Ex Mortis (full color) | The Elder Props

All pages can be downloaded for free but donations are always very much appreciated!
Wow. Thank you!

Thanks for the comment! learned everything useful or interesting I know online so I try to give back to the internet in the form of pages filled with skeletons!
And every time I look at the 2013 pages I want to remake them... That was probably my first attempt at replicating anything so there's quite a lot of things that could be upgraded...

I made a few Silicone ED2 books, and always included your pages. Had my own ED1/2 pages, with the lost ones, but the piece de la resistance, was always adding your 2013 pages. They looked fantastic and still do, on antique paper... the black... looked incredible man.

Amazing! Are there any thoughts or best practices around how one would bind those pages together in one of the covers being sold out there? I'm happy to do the work, just not sure how it's done.
Thanks!

Arrange the pages with an app called "Create Booklet" or "Booklet Creator" or something. In the app, can choose the number of signatures you choose (folded pages), so when it prints, just need to fold them, punch some holes in each set of signatres, ad sew them together. It's an amazing skill to learn and some fun videos on youtube. It's honestly quite meditating sewing the signatures together, though impossble to not poke oneself with a needle! No matter how much experience!

Thank you for the comprehensive reply. Really appreciate that.
If you want to get a little fancier with dying paper, I've had decent luck with leather dye, clothing dye, and walnut ink. You'll want to dilute it in a fair amount of water, and do some trial and error to get the right mix, but once you have it it gets a much stronger aged brown I can get with coffee.

If you want to get a little fancier with dying paper, I've had decent luck with leather dye, clothing dye, and walnut ink. You'll want to dilute it in a fair amount of water, and do some trial and error to get the right mix, but once you have it it gets a much stronger aged brown I can get with coffee.
Excellent. Thanks for sharing your tips.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back