A Clockwork Orange - bedding?

Since this topic's resurrection, I haven't heard people mention it, but I myself am still 98% convinced that each hexagon is actually a shallow, hollow hexagonal pyramid. In the following screencap, you can see some of them turned "inside out", which is what convinced me.

Do y'all agree? If not, why not? I would love to be proven wrong! :)

4624-aco2.jpg

HexagonalPyramid_1000.gif

Since this topic's resurrection, I haven't heard people mention it, but I myself am still 98% convinced that each hexagon is actually a shallow, hollow hexagonal pyramid. In the following screencap, you can see some of them turned "inside out", which is what convinced me.

Do y'all agree? If not, why not? I would love to be proven wrong! :)

I belive it the way the hexagon is sewn that makes its possible for it to become a point.. you glimpse the sewn edge on the rightside right between the two pie shapes ( in the dark line)
4626-aco4.jpg

I really should have grabbed the auction pics and normally do but didn't think to this time. A couple of weeks later the same seller was gauging interest to see if anymore warrented being made, I messaged them and heard back saying they were going to be made early this year, but as of yet I haven't heard anything more.

From the link above.

"Single £350, Double £500, King Size £750 plus shipping. A deposit of 50% is required before commission is undertaken"

yeah.. pass on that.

I can hear it now from the wife "You spent 1,000 dollars on a bed spread? .. prepare to die."

Perhaps we can do this on our own cheaper?

Let's see if the blu-ray picture Montagar is going to post will clear some things up for us.
I bought a little fabric today and is going to see if i can make 1 hexagon.
Sorry for the delay... my Blu-ray computer is down, but I should have it functional again by tomorrow.

The more I look at it, it does seem there is some piled on the floor below that last row of slightly ligher yellow, maybe it is 12 segmenets long. My eyes hurt from staring at it lol

Thanks Montagar

I made this up real quick. I'm not sure that there are 3 yellow rows at the end, but since it's hard to sort out. I've included them.

2aewk0n.jpg

I am seeing a slight sheen to the black, I'm thinking it may be a satin of some sort. Also it seems the triangles are puffed up a bit. I would add a layer of batting.

As previously mentioned on this site, I am undertaking a special commission for a private client. This replica will be identical to the one in 'A Clockwork Orange'. Before we agreed the commission with our private client, out of pure interest we advertised the idea on 'ebay' last year (2010) "purely" to gauge the interest factor, but due to the extremely complex construction and the time it actually takes to make, we have had to (1) revise our prices considerably. (2) decided not to take orders at the present time unless you have funds available to pay the 75% deposit up front and are prepared to wait the construction time of approx 6 months. In real terms, I am not seeking orders for this as our client has expressed he would like to have exclusivity. That said, we have pointed out to our client that if other individuals want to place an order we would consider doing so, but must point out that on any new orders coming in, completion time would not be until the end of 2011.
I hope the following comments are of interest to you.
The construction of the quilt is very time consuming and consists of many stages 1, design and measurements have to be correct and samples made. 2, The materials used as per clients request is of 'Nu-Sued' and colours will be as identical to the original as possible and all materials have been dyed and coloured to match the original. 3, Each of the 141 hexagons is totally hand made and consists of 12 stages and takes approx 2-3hours to complete.They are all hand made and not machine produced. 4, The weight is considerable, but the product to date is looking spectacular! 5, The Kubrick archives at The University of Arts in London among others in the UK and world wide
have shown considerable interest in this item and more updates will follow. 6, This particular client is paying in excess of £5000 for the making of this special item, (clearly not for the feint hearted) 7, Time scale for manufacture is approx 4-6 months. 8, This item will come with the seamstress's name, signed by her and date of commencement to completion and if more than one is made, each quilt will carry it's own unique number embroidered on the quilt. As far as we know from our clients own extensive research and our own in depth enquiries, this will be the only one manufactured outside of the movie 'A Clockwork Orange'
Our client has requested that this becomes 99% as close to the original bearing in mind the original was made from a neoprene moulding (which was destroyed after the film was made along with the quilt used in the film according to the Kubrick Estate). I hope you find this of interest to date and I have attached some photo's of the progress so far, please note that I have only so far started to construct the 'Red' sections and have only laid it out for photographic purposes and this is not the finished quality. We will release photo's of the item when completed, obviously with the full approval of our client. We should state that the quilt will remain in the UK. We appreciate 'A Clockwork Orange' has a great following and we hope you have enjoyed this synopsis.

Last edited:
Thanks for showing us these pictures, Could you tell us if you know how many diffrent colours the real one had?

Btw, how come yours has black buttons in the center. I have not been able to see anything like that on the screengrabs that we posted.

Last edited:
There are 4 colours, red, burnt orange, light gold and a pale cream. As far as the buttons are concerned, these are as requested by our client to tidy up the point where the triangles meet. Glad you liked my photo's. As a point of interest, a further project our client has commissioned us to undertake is replica's of the '****** Unlimited' figures (We have been in discussion with 'Medicom Japan', and have been advised by them that these are no longer made and when they are, they only have a 24 hour licence to manufacture at extremely short notice). As you are probably aware, these figures were a feature of the movie and also a few were manufactured in black. We are in discussions at present with a very talented sculpture, and further details will follow in due course. We should add, that this particular client of ours has acquired several artefacts from the film 'A Clockwork Orange' and has been an avid collector for many years!!!

Last edited:
As previously mentioned on this site, I am undertaking a special commission for a private client. This replica will be identical to the one in 'A Clockwork Orange'.

No offence but it will not and is not an identical replica, it has buttons and the one in the movie has no buttons. £5,000 pounds? $7,921.03? A client such as a museum or Tony Stark may pay such a price for a comforter made by versace gucci or louis vuitton and prada but not the average non-bill gates.

I did a search and found some guy willing to pay $150.00 to have one commissioned, I'm sure attempting to flip it for 7k,

Produce An Handmade Item - A Clockwork Orange Bedspread for $150

I personally would pay a lot but my definition of a lot is diff than your attempt to make it sound like it takes 6 months to make, I bet I could make one in 6 months and I don't even know how to sew, lets see if I have made one in 6 months, I'll post the pics.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back