A Clockwork Orange - bedding?

They used to sell a knitting kit on TV in the late 70/80's. I think it was called pop it or something like that. It made knit shapes like that if I recall.

Great to see you on here Bart, it's Malaki. And I've been looking into vacuforming foam, so this crazy idea might just work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I recently had my love of all things CWO reawaken. I've been reading this thread and think I'm going to take on,,, the quilt. My mother used to do a tufting thing where she would sew a stretchy fabric on top of a stable one, slice the backer, stuff the shape and whip stitch the cut. Then she would sew the whole thing to another backer to cover her tracks. I could use some help with measurements if there is anybody out there. Feedback appreciated!

I totally agree! I've been trying everything I can to get the same effect. I shallow cone and fairly heavy batting do the trick. I have also been working with a heavy jersey, sweatshirt, type material and it seems to be holding up to the task. No pictures yet, still trying to figure out the patter for the overall quilt.

A bit of a necro-post here, but as much as I love my Clockwork Orange quilt, I've decided to carefully fold it up and put it into storage. I don't use it as a practical quilt, it's been laying on top of an unused couch for a couple of years already. I always get concerned about compressing the quilting batting inside as the 3d quality of the quilt is what makes it interesting. Cool reproduction to have and very unique and also handmade, however it was never really practical bedding.

A bit of a necro-post here, but as much as I love my Clockwork Orange quilt, I've decided to carefully fold it up and put it into storage. I don't use it as a practical quilt, it's been laying on top of an unused couch for a couple of years already. I always get concerned about compressing the quilting batting inside as the 3d quality of the quilt is what makes it interesting. Cool reproduction to have and very unique and also handmade, however it was never really practical bedding.
If you're interested in parting with your quilt pm me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back