A Clockwork Orange - bedding?

Re: Clockwork Orange quilt?

Been doing some math and stuff and it seems like Alex bed is made from
54 hexogons
about 8" in diameter
Making the bed cover : 72 " length width 48" a bit on the small side to do two chicks on the same time in :love Could be wrong on some Hexagon or two.

conequiltaclockworkoran.jpg

Damn, i want one and Alex clothes in this scene
YouTube - A Clockwork Orange - Music Shop & Bedroom Scenes [HD]

Edit: Found this picture http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/skina/a_clockwork_o/aco_sate0.jpg

Last edited:

Maybe FOUR colors as it appears to be in sets of three hexagons along the side per color.....there is at least one row and possibly another three in light yellow hanging off the foot of the bed.

4623-aco1.jpg

I see three colors. Yellow, Orange, then Red Orange

or maybe its yellow, yellow-orange, then orange but it for sure goes light, medium, dark

Maybe FOUR colors as it appears to be in sets of three hexagons along the side per color.....there is at least one row and possibly another three in light yellow hanging off the foot of the bed.

4623-aco1.jpg

The overhang you see is the extra 3 hex pies on the end of the yellow hex pies

The overhang you see is the extra 3 hex pies on the end of the yellow hex pies

Yummmm, hex pies.....:)

Yeah, I think you're right. After looking it over again and doing the math, don't think it would be 12 hex pies long........

Shylaah

have you tried looking up hollow cube quilt? i Am going to try it with that pattern but inserting another black strip so it pops up

View attachment 45822
I see this but each to their own.
cheerio

p.s. sorry for purloining your graphic Itsalive It was just for speed.

Not a problem, but I still don't think this is true. Unfortunately I can not go through the DVD to double check my gut feelings.

I let my Brother-in-law borrow my DVD copy and it got lost.

Kubrick had a thing for pattern replay. If there was even one more row with a different color under the first row of yellows- This new row would contain the same row pattern play that the red section has.

Here's a replica of the complex miniature maze from The Shining that I'm working on.

4kvjfn.jpg

I plan on offering 3d real world copies when it's done. I am posting it here because it showcases Kubrick's fondness for pattern replay. Sure there's a few deviations, but for the most part it's a repeating pattern.

"A Clockwork Orange - Music Shop & Bedroom Scenes [HD]" is on YouTube.

I don't know if it's ok to post the link because of the nudity. If you seek it out. Pause it at 2:38 mark. You can see the proof of the white sheet hanging under the hex pie bedspread.

My gut honestly believes that devious row is actually the extra 3 hex overhang combined with the sheet hanging underneath it. I wish I had the DVD to double check, sadly I don't. Would be nice of someone to go through the dvd or bluray to double check that lower yellow area of the spread.

I have it on Blu-ray. I might be able to get to it later tonight, if not, then tomorrow.

the colouring in the movie makes it a bit contentious but it looks deep orange, yellowy orange, light green, greeny yellow.
I guess I'll wait someone to post HD shots.
cheerio
I'm not seeing that at all, especially in your first picture. There's a pattern of three rows yellow, three rows orange, and three red. The variation you're seeing in the second picture looks due to the natural light coming in from the window and the artificial light handing from the ceiling, and the shadows thereof. It's not a very clearly lit scene, and the eyes play tricks.

Let's see if the blu-ray picture Montagar is going to post will clear some things up for us.
I bought a little fabric today and is going to see if i can make 1 hexagon.

Another thing to consider.. perhaps the slight two-tone variation in color is caused by the nap of the fabric, giving a clue to the fabric used (velveteen?). You know, how when you vacuum your rug and you see two different shades, depending on the direction the vacuum cleaner runs? Or when you brush your hand across a luxurious pillow? That could account for the intermediate color shades in between the three primary colors seen on only a few panels.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back