80s memories

Yup! I'm an 80's kid!

I loved those Choose Your Own Adventure books... I also completed all the Encyclopedia Brown books as well, but seldom got the answer right. Now I'm older, I realize how easy they were. Haha!

Alot of this is stuff i'd like to show my friends' kids so they can enjoy them and honestly the way 80s stuff is becoming hip again i wouldn't be surprised if there is a massive revival. A dude just opened a large 80s arcade as a business.

Well, I was more of a 70s kid and an 80s teen so I was a little too old for most of that stuff..........Except the Star Wars toys, of course....Never too old for those.

This is the only one I don't get:

[h=2]"51. How Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles completely took over your life.[/h]
anigif_enhanced-1392-1426799008-2.gif

giphy.com

grid-cell-5142-1426869685-5.jpg

fantastic-flashback.tumblr.com

You were obsessed."

What do you mean "were"? :lol

wow, this one nailed it for me. Every one of those were spot on except finding my parent's sex book, lol.
Those halloween costumes really brought me back. I had the purple "honker" one from Sesame street.

I never found "The Joys of Sex:... but I DID find a book about the G-Spot, and my Dad's "Letter's to Penthouse" magazine.

The cliche letter is absolutely true... they really did all start out with something like "I always thought these letters were fake, but then it happened to me... I was painting these sorority girls bedroom's...."

Very cool!
#19 What about Alyssa Milano? I had a huge crush on her as a kid. I also vaguely remember those BK shoes. The ones I really remember were called Kangaroos (they had little pockets on them). TMNT came out right as I was getting too old for toys so I missed that. 70% of my toys were GI JOE by the time I was 10 or 11.

I never found "The Joys of Sex:... but I DID find a book about the G-Spot, and my Dad's "Letter's to Penthouse" magazine.

I have a friend whose son is turning 12 and he's completely locking down everything electronic because "he's going to have to work for it like every boy before the Internet!" :lol

Very cool!
#19 What about Alyssa Milano? I had a huge crush on her as a kid. I also vaguely remember those BK shoes. The ones I really remember were called Kangaroos (they had little pockets on them). TMNT came out right as I was getting too old for toys so I missed that. 70% of my toys were GI JOE by the time I was 10 or 11.

I have a friend whose son is turning 12 and he's completely locking down everything electronic because "he's going to have to work for it like every boy before the Internet!" :lol

Agreed.

It actually freaks me out what the boys in my 13 year old daughters class have seen online. Oh for the 80's.

Worlds of Wonder's Lazer Tag should have been on the list as well. The one toy that forever changed the way toy guns would be made from then on out after the tragic shooting. I remember I had my mom call every Toys R Us in lower Michigan looking for one. We finally found one store that had a set and was willing to hold it. After about an hours drive I finally had my set. I need to give mine a good polishing...

Attachments

• Sharper_Image_1986_Web.jpg
    Sharper_Image_1986_Web.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 219
  • unnamed (43).jpg
    unnamed (43).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back