5 Foot Falcon Replica - ANH

Quick Update - The underside Port Maintenance Pit - Final assembly, then primed with most of the remaining greeblies down.
Note the Bandai Perfect Grade maintenance port - really helped with some of that under the dome reference. I had to fudge just a few parts that won't even bee seen once mounted, so that's a concession I can live with.

View attachment 779761View attachment 779760
View attachment 779759View attachment 779762
View attachment 779763View attachment 779764

Dry Fit testing the front access cover between mandibles.

View attachment 779765
Spectacular. I had no idea there was a bridge truss in there, are you basing the big one on the deagostini?

Chazzy - LOL!! Uhhh no - as mentioned, it’s a replica of the original 5’ Filming Miniature with all the original details, Before it was modified for Empire and on.
Thanks
Sean

Sean, I could have sworn I commented on your build already but looking through it looks like I haven't.
I'm super impressed by your 5' Falcon build! The reasearch, the build itself and the paint are all just spot on. All three are hard things to acheive on any studio scale build, but one of this size and complexity is really just amazing. Great work!
It's also hilarious to me that the monitor frames in the cockpit are sinks from the Sealab, haha.

Jonathan

Watched Sean’s U-tube clip of his studio film again posted here. The talk about detail blows me away. To “replicate the exact location of stars” from a movie scene on a wall print is a detail that is fascinating. Glad Sean mentioned this or we we who appreciate this, or we would never have known.

Makes me think of Galileo creating his maps of the universe after looking at the night sky through his telescope. Easy to pick which universe I like better.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back