5 Foot Falcon Replica - ANH

t2sides

Sr Member
You guys are awesome, THANK YOU all for the nice feedback/comments!! I'm still working on the final base stand for it, but in the meantime, I was lucky enough recently to have Dr. Dan Durda come over and visit and we filmed his reaction, and kinda did a walkaround interview. Though the model is still not fully complete, it was a fun opportunity and hopefully you all will enjoy the improvised review!

Thanks
Sean

ffoeg

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ummm. wow. I've been following your build for it seems like forever.

What an achievement.

3DImpact

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I feel so privileged to have had the opportunity to get that early 'sneak peak' at it, having watched with awe your build thread here. Thanks for the amazing opportunity, Sean, and your generosity in sharing this AMAZING work of art!

Dan

kokkari

Sr Member
Well, after watching the video, I can honestly say that was the closest that I've ever gotten to feeling emotional when looking at a model other than the originals. Enough cannot be said about the perfection of this model Sean. Congratulations and keep sending us more pics. We can't get enough!

ixtore

Aside from any decent photos of the hero 5 footer --- I consider your build (and the astoundingly clear photographs that cover your build) the go to reference for the Falcon. What a feat.

ThomasBunce

I compared the blast markings on the five foot model that was set up in Beverly Hills with the original Dykstraflex camera on display at the "Galactic Innovations: Star Wars and Rogue One" special effects event held at the Academy of Motion Pictures this past weekend and they match really, really well. I'm wondering if that was your model? It was stunning and I was really hoping to get better pictures, but the security was too tight for me to bring my camera back in.

Attachments

ThomasBunce

Yep that was his! I've seen fb posts by people who were at the event who thought it was the ILM model. :)
I would have thought it was original if it wasn't for the placard that identified it as a reproduction. The crowd was just as interested in the model as they were with the star of the show, the Dykstraflex. Thursday's event it was static, but then on Saturday between Rogue One and the non-special edition Star Wars in 70mm, they had it running past the model.
Stills and 4k Video of Dykstraflex and Millennium Falcon

3DImpact

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yes, it was Sean's amazing model! An amazing tribute to his skill and hard work to be invited to display like that and be an integral part of that event.

CONGRATS Sean!!!

Dan