40k SpaceMarine Creation

TheRamenGod

I am making a space marine cosplay (to scale), and it will be awesome! This is the first time I have ever created anything cosplay, and anything with foam. I am using stuff from Gary Sterley's 40k Space Marine: Gary Sterley's 40k Space Marine and from Henrik Pilerud's fanmade Blood Angel Space Marine: Pilerud's Cosplay's Blood Angels Space Marine build - page 1 - Costume Gallery - Obscurus Crusade

20140202_Gary Sterley_Space Marine (1).jpg
oc_sm1.jpg

The Quality of these two bad boys is what I'll be attempting to match, a daunting task but nothing in the face of the Emperor's finest!

I have already gotten a bit of progress, but only after doing so did it occur to me that I could probably make a thread myself. However, I have pictures of my process, so I will be posting them, probably. Well there's my introduction, lets delve into the glorious project of building a space marine!

Following this thread, as i always admired this kind of projects, always loved the look of this bad boys.
Good luck with the project, and can't wait to see more of it :)

Okay, So I have ordered 5 sheets of 1/2" thick foam, measuring 72"x48" each! This is what will primarily make up my Armour, and if you're interested it's: Cross Linked Polyethylene - 2LB. I am using the pepakura from pilerud, and have started cutting and taping. I don't have access to a large printer, so many pieces of paper will be sacrificed for the cause, but oh well. Here are some photos:

image0.jpg
image1.jpg

This is all I will post of the paper stage, if you wanna see more just imagine the previous pictures but with a lot more pieces of paper... a LOT at one point I had no bed just paper.

Oh boy look who came in! Now I can get to tracing foam pieces! All I have left for stencils is the backpack, and a bolter but that can come later.
image0.jpg

(Foam roll 1 of 5)

I have finally gotten started, I will start with the helm and work my way down then assemble! I used a silver sharpie over the paper and foam, easier to see the lines that way. The sheets are big, and kinda bent so I placed some stuff on top/used clamps to make it flat. Masking tape works super well, not harming the foam at all! I am making sure to save as much space as possible, with the templates cut out I'll defiantly need all i can get.
image0.jpg
image1.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back