40k SpaceMarine Creation

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TheRamenGod

I am making a space marine cosplay (to scale), and it will be awesome! This is the first time I have ever created anything cosplay, and anything with foam. I am using stuff from Gary Sterley's 40k Space Marine: Gary Sterley's 40k Space Marine and from Henrik Pilerud's fanmade Blood Angel Space Marine: Pilerud's Cosplay's Blood Angels Space Marine build - page 1 - Costume Gallery - Obscurus Crusade

20140202_Gary Sterley_Space Marine (1).jpg
oc_sm1.jpg

The Quality of these two bad boys is what I'll be attempting to match, a daunting task but nothing in the face of the Emperor's finest!

I have already gotten a bit of progress, but only after doing so did it occur to me that I could probably make a thread myself. However, I have pictures of my process, so I will be posting them, probably. Well there's my introduction, lets delve into the glorious project of building a space marine!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

GilliGen

Following this thread, as i always admired this kind of projects, always loved the look of this bad boys.
Good luck with the project, and can't wait to see more of it :)

TheRamenGod

Okay, So I have ordered 5 sheets of 1/2" thick foam, measuring 72"x48" each! This is what will primarily make up my Armour, and if you're interested it's: Cross Linked Polyethylene - 2LB. I am using the pepakura from pilerud, and have started cutting and taping. I don't have access to a large printer, so many pieces of paper will be sacrificed for the cause, but oh well. Here are some photos:

image0.jpg
image1.jpg

This is all I will post of the paper stage, if you wanna see more just imagine the previous pictures but with a lot more pieces of paper... a LOT at one point I had no bed just paper.

TheRamenGod

Oh boy look who came in! Now I can get to tracing foam pieces! All I have left for stencils is the backpack, and a bolter but that can come later.
image0.jpg

(Foam roll 1 of 5)

TheRamenGod

I have finally gotten started, I will start with the helm and work my way down then assemble! I used a silver sharpie over the paper and foam, easier to see the lines that way. The sheets are big, and kinda bent so I placed some stuff on top/used clamps to make it flat. Masking tape works super well, not harming the foam at all! I am making sure to save as much space as possible, with the templates cut out I'll defiantly need all i can get.
image0.jpg
image1.jpg