Limited Run 3D Scans of 150+ Star Wars Confirmed Donors

Studio Kitbash

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Please specify which "whole kit" you'd like to see uploaded first that doesn't already exist in 3D form. The Sealab and 8rad are done.

I'm thinking Bandai 1/48 Panther G or else Tamiya 1/12 Yardley McLaren. But your responses will also help generate a hierarchy of which kits keep getting used over and over again on the ILM studio scale world, and while I know the answer is "all of them" I'd be keen to know what your own preferred hierarchy is.

My other top three are:
Tamiya 1/35 Panzerkampfwagen Ausf.M/N
Airfix OO Harrow Locomotive
Airfix 1/72 Handley Page

rooker2k

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Please specify which "whole kit" you'd like to see uploaded first that doesn't already exist in 3D form. The Sealab and 8rad are done.

I'm thinking Bandai 1/48 Panther G or else Tamiya 1/12 Yardley McLaren. But your responses will also help generate a hierarchy of which kits keep getting used over and over again on the ILM studio scale world, and while I know the answer is "all of them" I'd be keen to know what your own preferred hierarchy is.

My other top three are:
Tamiya 1/35 Panzerkampfwagen Ausf.M/N
Airfix OO Harrow Locomotive
Airfix 1/72 Handley Page

Panther G
Handley Page

Studio Kitbash

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I guess another way of asking this question is simply this: with inflation at 8.5% and the cost of everything skyrocketing, which model kits are you getting "priced out of the market on" most and thus would most benefit from having complete 3D files available?

My own answer is the Bandai 1/48 Panther G, which was available for 50 bucks or less just a few years ago, and now hardly ever goes for less than 100. And same for the Tamiya 1/12 F1 cars, whose price point is now rarely below 150-175.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.