3D printing a 1:1 Terminator T-800 endoskeleton

If you don't want to go thru the hassle of printing on your own machine, there is an SLA printing service offered by board member Jediguy that will have the whole thig delivered to your front door in 3 weeks. (It is pictured above in white) at a cost of about $2500.
That sounds a lot but considering both the price of SLA prints anywhere and the labour required to post-process FDM prints that is a good deal.

Sadly well beyond my means, but it's good to know.

It says that the model is no longer available. Do you know of a way to contact the maker of it or another place it can be bought from him? So far it's the best T-800 model I've seen
the maker is in russia, and as such, CGtrader isnt letting him sell.

yes, you can get the model from either 3dexport.com/djon or renderhub.com/the-djon

Hi there! I have started reading this thread a couple years ago and started my own journey with a lifesize endoskeleton.
I bought that 3D model mentioned above, (I bought one on sale for $119).
I never liked the T-800 models or products with an enclosed chest, so I started learning Blender to edit the torso.
This has taken me on a rabbit hole well over a year long editing that model.
I want to begin by saying that the CGT model looks great. Fantastic even. No one looking at it would think anything except how awesome it is :)
However, it's inaccurate in countless ways. Many of the details are either missing, simplified, or just wrong. I haven't even bought a 3D printer yet because I've been editing the model for almost 2 years. (remember, I'm no 3D modelling expert :p ) The skull of that model is pretty much perfect, and the one thing I haven't touched.
Using the reference pics on the Jaz Creations website (the guy who made an all metal T-800 ), and pictures of actual props from an auction site, I'm trying to create a model that's about as screen accurate as a person can get (models from movie-to-movie and even different scenes in the SAME movie sometimes had some differences!).
My plan is first to make a T-800 for myself, of course. But I will 3D print, post process, make molds and cast the parts in resin.
My modelling is less than stellar, but i am skilled with paint and bodywork, so filling/sanding/smoothing isn't a huge concern for me fortunately.
It's still going to be a long road though :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back