3D Printer roll call (speak up if you have a 3D printer & are open to collaboration)

Re: 3D Printer roll call (speak up if you have a 3D printer & are open to collaborati

I got one about 4 months ago. Up Plus 2 printer. Primarily ABS

Re: 3D Printer roll call (speak up if you have a 3D printer & are open to collaborati

I thought it would be more common, but I just use pritt stick for my prints. Goes on nice and thin, and I dont have any warp issues etc. Its not perfect printing all the time by a long shot but the actual bed adhesion is usually a doddle. Thats with ABS on quite a hot bed of course.

I had the lifting problem and used a spay glue that is sold for paper crafting, no problems after that.

With ABS, use a glass bed, hairspray, and an enclosure.

I have a DaVinci XYZ 1.0 3d printeralthough am looking to replace it with something more accurate and more flexible in terms of filament types.
I've found that Kapton tape in combination with pritt stick or uhu type paper glue holds ABS to the bed really well and stops the edges from shrinking / lifting.

I have a Plastic Scribbler Astrid 2100 (essentially a Prusa) and am just finishing a from-scratch build of a mini Kossel (Deltas are cool...). I printed the parts for the Kossel on the Astrid :)

As far as the lifting/warping if you are printing ABS then crank the heatbed up. I run mine at 110 and still occasionally get some warpage (due in large part to uneven heating in the heatbed I believe). Also the thickness of the printed part seems to make a big difference. The thicker the part the more internal volume is lost due to contraction on cooling = more warpage, so hollow parts don't warp as much...
I also cover my glass print surface in Kapton Tape (again only for ABS). Between that and being very thorough about bed leveling it seems to have helped a lot.

Hope this helps!

I have had a Replicator 2 for about a year now. I have printed about 800 hours and over 16 rolls of 2kg filament. Only had one major catastrophe so far and it was a mess. I have an upgraded aluminum build plate and I use masking tape (not blue tape) as my bed cover. Only printing in PLA and i have done a few very big projects like the Suros Regime and a life size cross section of a gas well casing.

Up mini here.Picked it up secondhand for A$400.
Only has a small build platform (120mmx120mmx120mm), but the quality is just outstanding.
After using it now for a couple of months I am yet to have a model fail to print.
The (proprietary) slicing software it uses is also a big plus as the models remove easily from both the raft and any support).

So what is the best Quality vs.price Printer out there? Solidoodle S4 does the job,But bad Quality. tried different high end to low end filament ABS to PLA all come out the same.

Any takes on the Zortrax M200?

Guess I'll join in.
A friend an I have a Creator Pro, a M3D , and soon as it ships a Peachy Printer which looks to be a poor mans Form1.
Filament currently on hand ABS, PLA, and HIP which is being used for rafts and supports as is dissolves in water or lemon oil.
We also have a Matter and Forge laser scanner and a small (9x7in) laser cutter/etcher.

I have a Printrbot Go Large with a 12x24" bed... I love it. And I also have a 50" wide hydrographic printer to decorate the 3D prints with. So If you're in need of custom printed hydrographic film, I'm your guy. Just PM me and we'll get the ball rolling on your 3D print decorating idea.

Modified Printrbot Simple Metal here. I am always willing to help someone who does not have a printer, if they need something small.

Excited that this thread exists!

i myself have a reprappro mono Mendel (Jarvis)
ultra modified davinci 1.0 (Leo)
robo r1 being modified for 36" build height (Robert)
and a currently non functional stratasys dimension sst768 that I'm working on getting operational. (I just call him my big boy)

id love if a 3d printing sub forum existed to help people with their questions about 3d printing, specifically how it relates to prop building.

36" build height makes me drool.

Replicator 2, running PLA and Flexible TPU filament. Still using the original bed plate, which is rapidly turning into a piece of junk. I'm going on 3? years with it and it's been a champion. One thing I've noticed to avoid problems is to raft EVERYTHING. I think the bed plate isn't even, and the rafting helps with parts pulling up mid print. The firmware update they did a while ago to improve the rafts and support has made this a useable machine. Before that it was incredibly frustrating.

Running a Flashforge Dreamer and Creator Pro. I've printed everything including conductive, carbon fiber, hips, abs, pla and tpu. I run Simplify3d as my slicer on both.

Lulzbot Taz 5 and I love it, best purchase I have made in a long time.

Objet Alaris 30 (PolyJet), MakerBot z18 and Replicator 2. Brooklyn, NY

M3D here. So I can print small objects at least. Would love to collab. I mostly print N and HO scale items.

I have all versions of Utlimakers (including UM3 now) Form2 and BCN Sigma.

I am not sure if I missed it,but I didnt see anybody posting if they can do other peoples work or prices..I am in the inland empire in California and you never know when someone might need something printed,I dont own a 3d printer nor have the slightest idea how they work,but I might need someone helping me print something soon..

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back