37 1/2 inch (1/2 studio scale) TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2

Thanks guys, just looking quickly at the schedule expect right around Jan 1-2 for me to start taking orders again. My youngest daughter is off for 2 weeks for the holiday from preschool. I will still be working thru all that but my time will likely be even more compromised than usual.

Yep Mike thanks for all you do providing us with super stuff, and yes a young one can keep you very busy as well. Happy Holidays To All On The Thread. ...... Thanks Jim

I just finished the hardest part of the model so far for me:

IMG_3567.JPGIMG_3568.JPG

30 0.5mm fiber optics into the bridge. Thank god for Shapeways predrilled holes (highly recommended). It was hard enough. I had to redrill the holes with my own bit and then force the FO thru. A VERY tight fit!

I later mixed some acrylic black paint with white glue and filled the underneath and all the FO:

IMG_3570.JPG

No light leaks detected.

Man Ken, that's alot of fiber optics in one spot, great job I'm staying with the kit version of the bridge, my wife has cut my budget till after Christmas but I was able to con her into letting me get all my leds. I'm still needing to finish my landing bays. I have the time so Ive been making tiny vipers you know I made ten and realized they where to big so I scaled them down more making them out of tooth picks they look cool I still need more I wasn't able to budget any resin into the game so this is how things happen sometimes. I cant wait to see more pics. My build is in kinda piddle mode atm just want things to be right. ......... Thanks.......Jim

I NEED one of these, but can't justify it to my wife. She's usually supportive of my hobby/habit, but I worry at some point she's going to snap and kick my nerdy ass out. :(

That's Kinda, how things go for me also, but you just got to push, I made a sacrifice to make this happen for my self. You just got to do what you got to do, and BAM it happens. that's how bad I had to have this kit and just know this you will love it cause it's a super great kit as well.......................Thanks Jim

- - - Updated - - -

Money Well Spent You Wont Find Another!!!!!!

Thanks for offering the upgrades Mike, looking forward to them :)
Do you want paypal ?..at least for the shipping to the UK ?

Cheers, Phil

Hi I'm new to this site. I am very interested in acquiring one of these kits could you please let me know if they are still available, if so how much, and how do I go about organizing payment for it. thanx

Thanks guys, just looking quickly at the schedule expect right around Jan 1-2 for me to start taking orders again. My youngest daughter is off for 2 weeks for the holiday from preschool. I will still be working thru all that but my time will likely be even more compromised than usual.

Hi I'm new to this site. I am very interested in acquiring one of these kits could you please let me know if they are still available, if so how much, and how do I go about organizing payment for it. thanx

Couple of weeks to go guys....

Man you can really get caught up in this build, with all the stuff you can do, atm Ive been working on the landing bays making mine like Oliver's I have to hand to him though think of how things are going to work out but last night Ive got a lot of the hard part done and it all measures up to the dry fit on the upper part of the bays looks great Thanks Oliver you are one great modeler All on here are doing super stuff with you BSG builds I'm impressed............. Thanks.........Jim

I bought this beautiful kit 1 year ago, I realize now with the limited space and time and no suitable area in my apartment for working on a large resin kit like this, that I may never get around to building it. Do any of the modelers in this thread build kits on commission? Instead of occasionally staring at the parts in the box I'd really like to get this kit built.

Getting excited! Can't wait to order one! :)

You will not regret getting one of Mikes kits,I have my second one I have gotten from Mike that I am working on,but do to health issues it is on hold right now till I am better..

But is well worth the money to buy one of Mike BSG...

You will not regret getting one of Mikes kits,I have my second one I have gotten from Mike that I am working on,but do to health issues it is on hold right now till I am better..

But is well worth the money to buy one of Mike BSG...
Yeah His work is wonderful! Just waiting my turn to be able to get one! :) Hopefully they will be for sale again soon!

P.s. feel better!

Yeah His work is wonderful! Just waiting my turn to be able to get one! :) Hopefully they will be for sale again soon!

P.s. feel better!

That is for sure Mike truly amazes us all with all his model kits he makes..Mike has a few more kits he makes I would truly like to get bt it will be awhile before I can do this as I already have to much on my list I need to build..

Yea you got that right Clarence, I would love to have just some of you build kits , Just look on Vader's thread about kits I'm going to build and see for your self . Clarence you have a super collection to be proud of . And Yes Mike is a super model maker I just keep being astonished as I just look at this model and the build its self the detail is out of the park, you guys just getting on this kit ITS MONEY WELL SPENT ....................................Thanks...................Jim

Any updates on when this kit is ready for the new peeps like myself? :) I don't want to be that guy who keeps asking...but I also don't want to be that guy - without a battlestar :)

Last edited:
I stressed over dropping the cash on this. Its a serious chunk - BUT I can tell you that its a GREAT kit that if you're a galactica fan at all is THE galactica kit to get. Its Huge WELL detailed - mostly studio accurate (some liberties were taken shrinking it by half) but a lot of effort to make 1/2 scale parts were made. Its pretty awesome plain and simple.

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
Yes, a great kit and the most fun I've had building in a long time. Can become even more pricey after buying the LEDs, fiberoptics, soldering gun, card stock, plumbing pipes and drill bits (it seems that I get a new package from China daily) but dispite the objections of my better half, it costs less per hour of enjoyment than going to the movies.

Ken

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back