2022 Kenobi Series Lightsaber Screen Caps SPOILERS

Here's a little replica I whipped up. The emitter is just a Roman's metal one, although I believe the original prop I saw had a resin emitter. There were also a couple more set screws to keep things together on the neck and windvane parts, but otherwise this mockup is pretty close. Just something I banged together on a slow day :)
Is there any hope a metal version of this hilt might see the light of day? I'd really like to install one of these for dueling.

477fcd15-5679-45c5-8268-f0552d217528-jpeg.jpg

View attachment 1615102
You can see the copyright lettering on the bottom of the pommel
Yup, that confirms it. Not to mention the Master Replicas display case stand sitting right behind it.
mr-e3-obiwan-le-15-jpg.jpg

I received a lot of doubt and skepticism after identifying the Master Replicas sabers used onscreen. But again I was sent some behind the scenes photos of these props on set from a friend in the film industry before the show had even premiered, so I had a bit of a head start identifying them. There was a lot of initial doubt based purely on a general disbelief that Lucasfilm would actually use Master Replicas products for production. But they did!
The pommel orientation does differ slightly as some have pointed out, this was likely done when modifying the Master Replicas hilt with a Rolls Royce Balance Pipe type emitter using a threaded rod to hold all the pieces together which may have also slightly changed the gap between the pommel and booster. However the rest of the hilt has now been confirmed to be a 'Master Replicas 2005 Limited Edition Episode III Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber', and Halliwax has been able to confirm the Balance Pipe is in fact from Roman Props; 2022 Kenobi Series Lightsaber Screen Caps SPOILERS
Screen Used Prop (Left), Master Replicas (Right).
95B4C65E-43D4-425D-85EC-AB9C99A8A50C.jpeg

e7bfd5d3-2f32-4fea-8b8d-acb3f2db07a8-jpeg.jpg

Other less obvious tells are; the groove on the bottom end of the control box, the exact shape of the grenade grip section and it’s grooves and cuts, the exact identical Thin-Neck features, the clamp card graphic, the Pommel shape, the small step on the top edges of the pommel cubes, and the “T-track style” booster section as I like to call it. Another tell is the Gear/Cog detail matches the Master Replicas saber exactly.

The same goes for Vader's Saber in the show; One of the most obvious tells is that both ends of the control box are "Blocked" so that you cannot see under the faux clamp. Classic Master Replicas!
3e10f569-8cf4-4756-8014-d4417d29e5eb-jpeg.jpg

Another major Tell is that there are only 6 T-track Grips where there should be 7! This was a unique mistake made by Master Replicas on their ‘2002 Limited Edition Episode IV: ANH - Darth Vader Lightsaber’.
c085eee3-245a-42c8-80b3-f607d98dcd82-jpeg.jpg

These are just the most obvious tells, there are several others too:
-Thickness of faux end cap & clearance for it under grips.
-Thick T-track profile and Angled ends.
-Mirror/Chrome under bubble strip.
-Chrome faux bent nail.
-Clamp orientation.
-Large Bulb Socket Screw Heads.
-Plastic Shroud with Large D-Ring.

And here are the Tells for the Graflex saber seen onscreen in Obi-Wan Kenobi.
It is confirmed to be a 'Master Replicas 2006 Limited Edition Episode IV: A New Hope - Luke Skywalker Lightsaber'.
(NOT the 2005 Elite Edition, or the 2006 Signature Edition!)
351e1e11-c25d-4f6e-8293-3463fcc2af89-jpeg.jpg

-Screen accurate clamp orientation. (Unlike the 2005 Elite Edition with 'Promo Photo' clamp orientation)
-Square profile T-track grips with ends rounded off.
-No Graflex locking channel visible in clamp slot. (Unlike the 2005 Elite Edition)
-Unique shape of the Clamp Lever. (Unlike the 2006 Signature Edition)
-Unique shape of the Flash Button.
-Shiny Chrome Bunny Ears.

Last edited:
View attachment 1739673

Yup, that confirms it.
View attachment 1739783
I received a lot of doubt and skepticism after identifying the Master Replicas sabers used onscreen. But again I was sent some behind the scenes photos of these props on set from a friend in the film industry before the show had even premiered, so I had a bit of a head start identifying them. There was a lot of initial doubt based purely on a general disbelief that Lucasfilm would actually use Master Replicas products for production. But they did!
The pommel orientation does differ slightly as some have pointed out, this was likely done when modifying the Master Replicas hilt with a Rolls Royce Balance Pipe type emitter using a threaded rod to hold all the pieces together which may have also slightly changed the gap between the pommel and booster. However the rest of the hilt has now been confirmed to be a 'Master Replicas 2005 Limited Edition Episode III Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber', and Halliwax has been able to confirm the Balance Pipe is in fact from Roman Props; 2022 Kenobi Series Lightsaber Screen Caps SPOILERS
Screen Used Prop (Left), Master Replicas (Right).
View attachment 1739702
View attachment 1739682
Other less obvious tells are the exact shape of the grenade grip section and it’s grooves and cuts, the exact identical Thin-Neck features, the clamp card graphic, the Pommel shape, the small step on the top edges of the pommel cubes, and the “T-track style” booster section as I like to call it. Also the black middle clamp card section sticks out both ends of the control box a little bit. Another tell is the Gear/Cog detail matches the Master Replicas saber exactly.

The same goes for Vader's Saber in the show; One of the most obvious tells is that both ends of the control box are "Blocked" so that you cannot see under the faux clamp. Classic Master Replicas!
View attachment 1739674
Another major Tell is that there are only 6 T-track Grips where there should be 7! This was a unique mistake made by Master Replicas on their ‘2002 Limited Edition Episode IV: ANH - Darth Vader Lightsaber’.
View attachment 1739675
These are just the most obvious tells, there are several others too:
-Thickness of faux end cap & clearance for it under grips.
-Thick T-track profile and Angled ends.
-Chromed faux bent nail.
-Clamp orientation.
-Large Bulb Socket Screw Heads.
-Plastic Shroud with Large D-Ring.

And here are the Tells for the Graflex saber seen onscreen in Obi-Wan Kenobi.
It is confirmed to be a 'Master Replicas 2006 Limited Edition Episode IV: A New Hope - Luke Skywalker Lightsaber'.
(NOT the 2005 Elite Edition, or the 2006 Signature Edition!)
View attachment 1739676
-Square profile T-track grips with ends rounded off.
-No Graflex locking channel visible in clamp slot. (Unlike the 2005 Elite Edition)
-Unique shape of the Clamp Lever. (Unlike the 2006 Signature Edition)
-Unique shape of the Flash Button.
-Shiny Chrome Bunny Ears.
Thanks again for all your contributions!

Friday Gentle Giant LTD gave a Zbrush Summit presentation and they talked about scanning all the original sabers for shows like Kenobi that they handed off to the prop department. Pretty interesting little bit of info they let out.
I'd take them saying "original" with a grain of salt knowing what we know about the current archives, the OG archives, and in general, what sabers are them, and which are lost to time and which are held by outside parties.

you also have to remember GG were on site during the prequels scanning sets and actors, they were also the first company I think to scan the lucasfilm archives back in the day. They have a lot of film history from the early 2000's in digital form.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a metal core tub and the black parts are 3d printed (resin) and affixed to the metal tube. I can't really see any resolution lines though, and I doubt they'd bother smoothing them for a stunt. I'm probably off base, just a thought.

Do you think it's extra long, or that it's a smaller diameter? It kind of reminds me of the stunt from ROTS. That one was like an inch, inch and half longer than the hero to make it easier to twirl.

Pretty sure this saber makes an appearance when Vader and Kenobi are fighting for the first time. I don’t recall the planet.. but it’s the fight where Kenobi gets dragged in the fire. You can see the thick neck

I think it's a pretty cool design and, for me, really connects with OWK's new fighting style in the D+ show. Which, I feel, really fits with the way his older body works and his new giant opponent. I think I'm going to call it the "General's Tachi" or something like that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back