2017 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for being behind on posting. I had seven hundred 501st Christmas ornaments to mail out and only just finished today. Phew!

I received my SS's gift a couple weeks ago. It was a big tall box and at first I had no idea what it was about. Turns out it was this!

IMG_5675.JPGIMG_5160.JPGIMG_0611.JPG

It's Chirrup Imwe's staff! So cool! The wood is smooth and polished. Great job Secret Santa! Thanks so much!!!

star-wars-rogue-one-chirrut-imwe-sixth-scale-hot-toys-silo-902913.png

Scott

Michael mark me as received, very received! Thank you MoScOut soooo much. The bookends are fantastic and they match my two favorite marvel character's, Captain America and Thor! I'm really excited too that you made them, there beautiful MoDcOut, very beautiful and I love them. I also got a patch from StarWars cloud city. I love that you can see the city & ty fighters. Plus I got a bonus of my favorite candy, gummy bears :) who did you talk too? Lol
Again thank you so much, they are loved!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/8230429e0f4dfd20caa24d007aa712dd.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/2804cbdcb3fdf4eda69b014788e53a73.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/6c0cae4a569ab4a10290ac13e303602f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/8376e1361bad8c33fa80b6eb15448630.jpg

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Glad you like them and the Gummy Bears were just a lucky guess! [emoji6]

fun fact: the top of “cloud city” on our patch is actually the Portland, OR skyline.

I wanted to make sure that the gift was something that was functional for your home and was hoping bookends would fulfill that thinking. (Yay!) I had a good time making them despite it taking a bit longer than I thought it would. [emoji846]

Have a great Holiday!

-Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It arrived!
I got
- a Star Wars calendar
- a Spider-Man Funko Pop
-a Spider-Man "desk buddy"
- Civil War, POTC, and Doctor Strange posters
I'm happy with what I got. Mark me as received.

I was/am your Secret Santa, and I just realized I completely forgot to write/include a quick note in that box :facepalm Since I didn't I figure I'll just write it up here...

The main thing I would've written was that the box you received does not include all of your gifts, there is still one more on the way :D It's nothing amazing or anything, but it is what I consider the "main gift", so I really hope you like it (according to USPS it should be there by Saturday at the latest). Also, the Pirates 5 poster I just threw in because I have multiples of it. I wasn't sure if you were a fan of the PotC films, but I figured I'd include it just in case.

Oh and I am going to send you a quick PM after I make this post, just don't open/read it until you have received the last package/gift, unless of course you don't mind reading "spoilers" on what it is :)

Michael mark me as received, very received! Thank you MoScOut soooo much. The bookends are fantastic and they match my two favorite marvel character's, Captain America and Thor! I'm really excited too that you made them, there beautiful MoDcOut, very beautiful and I love them. I also got a patch from StarWars cloud city. I love that you can see the city & ty fighters. Plus I got a bonus of my favorite candy, gummy bears :) who did you talk too? Lol
Again thank you so much, they are loved!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/8230429e0f4dfd20caa24d007aa712dd.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/2804cbdcb3fdf4eda69b014788e53a73.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/6c0cae4a569ab4a10290ac13e303602f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/8376e1361bad8c33fa80b6eb15448630.jpg

Those bookends are awesome :thumbsup

I can't help but picture them on each side of my MCU Blu-ray collection :lol (click the spoiler tag below to see them)
My_MCU_Collection_-_as_of_12.21.2017.jpg

Glad you like them and the Gummy Bears were just a lucky guess! [emoji6]

fun fact: the top of “cloud city” on our patch is actually the Portland, OR skyline.

I wanted to make sure that the gift was something that was functional for your home and was hoping bookends would fulfill that thinking. (Yay!) I had a good time making them despite it taking a bit longer than I thought it would. [emoji846]

Have a great Holiday!

-Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes l love them, and I love to read, so they will be well loved.

Put me down as received, My SS has done a wonderful job on my gift for someone who has never seen Blade runner! I especially like the comic book style of the larger one.

It just so happens that I like to collect independent artist work so they will go nicely into my collection :D

20171222_133056.jpg20171222_1331072.jpg

Last edited:
Mark me as received please. Unfortunately I'm one of those people who waits til Xmas morning, so please don't kill me.

Also to my SS, pre-thank you and you're last name is fun to yell (even more fun if you're a Venture Bros. fan).

I liked your post just so I could unlike it for not opening your prezzie now....... but that felt mean so I liked it again.

Mark me as received please. Unfortunately I'm one of those people who waits til Xmas morning, so please don't kill me.

Also to my SS, pre-thank you and you're last name is fun to yell (even more fun if you're a Venture Bros. fan).

You can take all the time you like, you have my permission! I'm just glad it's there safely and in time, and apparently providing entertainment even before it's been opened. Yes, Dino's amazing! No, there's unfortunately no relation I'm aware of, other than long hair and a beard. ;)

Sorry I'm posting pictures so late, I've been super busy getting things ready for the holidays.
I received my gift in the mail on Monday, and when I saw the size of the box, I knew I couldn't wait until Christmas.
IMG_1965.JPG
Of course, looks can be deceiving, and when I opened it, what was inside but... another smaller box!
IMG_1982.jpg
Luckily, there were still no instructions to wait until Christmas, so I eagerly, yet carefully opened this one too.
Several things were wrapped inside, but the first thing to grab my attention was an unwrapped orange and yellow hat. I knew what it was instantly!
IMG_1973.JPG
Jayne's hat from Firefly!
The next thing I saw was a folded up piece of paper that said "open first." Oops. It was a wonderful handwritten note from my Secret Santa, Ash. Thanks man! The note even said that the hat was hand-knitted by his friend, and not store bought!
200w_d.gif
html5
html5

Everything else was wrapped in the same brown paper, but they were also each numbered. The first one contained a leather folder, with all the necessary firefly ship documents inside.
IMG_1976.JPGIMG_1975.JPG
Later I noticed that he even went so far as to customize them with my own name and ship title!
IMG_2035.jpg
This was already a great gift, but I still had two more packages! I opened the one marked 2 and found a lovely bottle of "Old McBrayer's" whiskey, also straight out of the Firefly 'Verse, (it was empty of course).
IMG_1980.JPG

And finally, the last and largest package contained a wooden box, stamped with the Blue Sun logo, and covered in decals. When I opened it I found stacks and stacks of Firefly prop money!
IMG_1977.JPGIMG_1978.JPG
I have to say, this being my first RPF Secret Santa, I'm absolutely astonished at the amount of time, work, and care people have put into their gifts, especially the one I received. Even though I'm sure my secret santa will be pleased with the gift I gave them, I am definitely going to try to create something handmade when next year rolls around. I want to thank Ash again for the wonderful box of treasures, and Michael for organizing this once again. Happy Holidays to you all!

Attachments

• IMG_1966.JPG
    IMG_1966.JPG
    945.8 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1982.jpg
    IMG_1982.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_1973.JPG
    IMG_1973.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Status