2015 Jacket

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by lukebrynycz, Feb 15, 2012.

1. lukebrynycz

lukebrynycz Well-Known Member

2. Igniitus

Igniitus Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Holy jeebus thats good!

3. sweeper

sweeper New Member

Wow, that´s really nice!

4. lukebrynycz

Sure is! The ones I've seen on eBay aren't bad, but for a die hard fan like me, this IS the guy to get one from. Very well made! :cool

5. Edward H

Edward H Well-Known Member

Thanks for the compliments. That is actually one of the jackets I made last year. Im currently not making any as i dont have the time with my work schedule but hope to be making a few more soon. I have a few others who are interested as well so I can keep you updated. Thanks again for the kind words.

GeneralFROSTY likes this.
  6. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I am a very proud owner of one of Ed's jackets.
    His superior commitment to quality, accuracy and customer service is an example to what all sellers should be.
    Never before has this item ever been replicated to the true specs and details of the original, and somehow I think no one else can or will step up to the plate the way Ed has done.

The jackets are not easy on the bank account BUT you will be getting something that has been described as "a brand-new screen used jacket" as far as quality and accuracy.
    Take it from me - I've obsessed over this stuff for way too long!

7. Roland

Roland Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Is the jacket in the video the same I had criticized in the other thread? Okay, I take it back! This jacket looks fantastic! :eek

May I ask you, how much you paid?

8. Taggart

Taggart Active Member

Looks Wonderfull! I'm jealous!

9. GeneralFROSTY

The one in the vid is not the one he made from me, but yeah - I got the one he made after that and is even better.

I won't share what price I paid. But trust me, whatever Ed wants for it I can tell you the money is justified.

10. jdraimer

jdraimer Active Member

Absolutely amazing!

11. lukebrynycz

Double post!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  12. lukebrynycz

It does look amazing, I'm sure it's worth every penny!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  13. Roland

I'm not rich, too. But I would pay up to $ 1000 for a screen accurate jacket (I'm sure, the one shown in this thread costs considerably more).

14. lukebrynycz

I would agree with that being both a very profitable but fair price. I have said that I would pay up to £1000 which equates to around $1600 at the current conversion rate. Anything above that and it would be wiser to get a pair of genuine Mags or better still, await 2015 to put towards some power laced ones :) (I'll have to think about a remortgage when those babies come out!) :love

15. lukebrynycz

Would you mind posting some detailed pics of the jacket, and even better, a video of you wearing it and the sound chips etc.? Would be really cool to see more :thumbsup

16. lukebrynycz

Perhaps an arranged group buy can significantly reduce the cost for us mere mortals..? It will generate a lot more interest if it was affordable, and overall would generate just as much money for yourself, if not more :thumbsup Perhaps when you have more time create an interest thread and see how that goes Ed?

17. Beechy McFly

Beechy McFly Sr Member

It's definitely great work.. Looks amazing, no wonder I'm one of those one the list for one..

18. Pitbull

Pitbull Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yeah about 3-4 k :unsure

I wish they were 1K

-Mike

19. lukebrynycz

Me too. Would love one :(

20. Edward H

Although the current price is out of reach for most, im hoping to eventually be able to stream line the processes to make the jackes more cost effective.

21. Roland

That's the part, where I feel a bit offended. I'm an artist and paint on canvas. And I can only tell you, it's not easy to justify the price of your work, if you have no name in the art scene.

And of course there's a difference between making a replica of someone other's creative work and making your own design. I believe there's a lot of work to make this jacket. And you need a lot of talent to do this. But it's "only" handcraft, not art. And we live in a world, where you will always be better paid for art than for handcraft.

If I had your talent to make such clothes, I would work as fashion designer. These people are paid well for their work. ;)

22. GeneralFROSTY

Anyone who gives Ed any problems over what he wants to charge for his jacket should learn to be a little more polite. There is NO sense in bashing someone and making accusations just because someone has worked hard to create something and sell it for what he believes it is worth.
    This jacket is worth what he asks.
    He's consulted the actual maker of the screen-used jackets and has many years of research and development invested in this.
    It's never been replicated to this level before and will likely not be again.
    Don't forget, he is customizing it to fit you.
    All these points are justified in the price.

23. lukebrynycz

Hopefully more will be made in the near future, even if less accurate and cheaper so that we can afford them :)

24. GeneralFROSTY

You can do what I did:
    Sell off anything in your collection which means less to you than the jacket.
    That's how I was able to afford it.
    I got into this hobby thanks to the BTTF props, specifically the Hoverboard, Nike Mags and the jacket.
    It's been a long-time obsession that I am glad Ed has finally help me put to rest.

25. MitasTouch

MitasTouch Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That guy banned me from commenting on his videos just because I said that he made the pockets too small. The guy just can't take any kind of criticism.

26. Edward H

Sorry man. "That guy" didn’t ban you from commenting on his videos because of your criticism. "That guy" banned you because you made the same criticism like 3 or 4 times. Constructive criticism is always welcome, constant annoyance is NOT… For the record you are right the pockets are too small for that jacket. So are the belt, cuffs, buttons and strap holders. They were all scaled for the screen used size which is very small. That jacket in the video was constructed as a size large. There were many things wrong on that prototype jacket… That jacket also just had a black generic liner. That’s why it was called a prototype.

27. lukebrynycz

Just ignore it, you know as well as everyone here that it's pure genius. Cheers for all the tips you shared with Aaron, I now have my jacket and it's amazing. He's done a cracking job and it actually feels like a normal jacket as it's suede and has a real liner etc. :thumbsup

It would be great to see a video of your final jacket Ed, I would imagine it's actually a lot better quality than the screen used one.

Edit:

Do you have any up to date videos of your jacket Ed?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  28. dArtagnan

dArtagnan Member

Oh wow, that is amazing.

In regards to the price tag, yeah it's a lot - but if you want stuff of such high quality, you have to be prepared to pay for it.

29. MitasTouch

I made the criticism that many times because he never let the comment show. He had that comment approval setting on. He just didn't want it to show.

30. MitasTouch

Nike should make these jackets. But this time make them widely available and not on ebay auctions where they would go for thousands of dollars.

31. MitasTouch

I started a run of these jackets and a couple people aren't responding to messages, so if they continue to not respond to them then there may be some openings. I'm not making any promises though.

32. coatsworthhayes

coatsworthhayes New Member

So its now 2013, and I, a mere mortal am wondering if you are starting to make any this year.