2013 Toronto Prop Party

Dr Slurpee and I have been emailing, and he is interested in having an Arduino demo (I've been doing some work with them)

I am by no means an expert, but I can bring some breadboards and some Arduino boards, and show some examples of blinky lights, chasers, programmed chasers (changes with a button press), along with some sounds, with a little bit of programming.

Is anyone interested in something like this?

Definitely interested! :thumbsup

My only issue with the demonstrations is that the event almost seems to short for them. Next year we should try for longer. :)

It's been on my list for a LONG time... Not an easy build but one day!

Props based on religious relics and artifacts are always cool. Now I'm wondering how tall ***** was...

Some time ago I made a Spear of Destiny with cardstock, plastic from plastic cup, elmer's glue and aluminium foil after watching Constantine. It looks cheap and ugly. I'd bring it to the forum on June 15th, but I'm sure people will laugh at it... haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Dr Slurpee and I have been emailing, and he is interested in having an Arduino demo (I've been doing some work with them)

I am by no means an expert, but I can bring some breadboards and some Arduino boards, and show some examples of blinky lights, chasers, programmed chasers (changes with a button press), along with some sounds, with a little bit of programming.

What programming language do you need to use? Assembler? Or does it run on C? Or some other kind of logic?

From the Arduino page:

"The Arduino programming language is an implementation of Wiring, a similar physical computing platform, which is based on the Processing multimedia programming environment."

It is it's own language. Pretty easy to understand.

It is available for download from their site, Arduino - Software - Available for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Props based on religious relics and artifacts are always cool. Now I'm wondering how tall ***** was...

Some time ago I made a Spear of Destiny with cardstock, plastic from plastic cup, elmer's glue and aluminium foil after watching Constantine. It looks cheap and ugly. I'd bring it to the forum on June 15th, but I'm sure people will laugh at it... haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, I'd still love to see it. :)

From the Arduino page:

"The Arduino programming language is an implementation of Wiring, a similar physical computing platform, which is based on the Processing multimedia programming environment."

It is it's own language. Pretty easy to understand.

It is available for download from their site, Arduino - Software - Available for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Looking through coding examples, and I see this:
"SORRY, There is an error at our code repository, please inform to web@arduino.cc"

lol

Very interested

Definitely interested! :thumbsup

My only issue with the demonstrations is that the event almost seems to short for them. Next year we should try for longer. :)

Dr Slurpee and I have emailed, and we think it best if I setup some displays, and let people ask questions during the event. If there is time, I could do a demo, but if not, people can have a look when they have time to do so.

Dr Slurpee and I have emailed, and we think it best if I setup some displays, and let people ask questions during the event. If there is time, I could do a demo, but if not, people can have a look when they have time to do so.

Don't let me dissuade you from a demo! I think it would be cool, just think the event should be longer next year if we can manage it. :)

Hi Everyone, I hope we're all getting psyched for the party.

Just another reminder for everyone to start making their final arrangements with Dr_Slurpee(John) or myself.

****UPDATE****
-June1/13

- Those who want table space, make sure to confirm with John ASAP
- Those wanting to donate any prizes, please advise myself or John as to the nature of the 'item' and approximate dollar value.
- Those wanting to do 30-60 minute demos on any subject, also please contact us ASAP.

2 weeks left now, wow it creeps up fast doesn't it?

Also, I just want to remind everyone again,

We have a larger room this year, DOUBLE the size.

That seemed to be the most common request over the last 2 years, well now we have it.

Let's try and and fill it up.

I'll do my best Cap'n!

John, if we're looking light lemme know, I might be able to bring more.

Also, I'll donate a Grail Diary again this year ($350 value) and possibly a set of BTTF newspapers printed from scans of the originals. :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back