11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver (Mostly) scratch build.

I'm loving watching this come together and can't wait to see it when it is done.

Thanks for the updates.

Drooool...

This is outstanding work Phez. I LOVE this sonic and you've done Nick Robatto and yourself proud!!

ya know what. i cannot live anymore. i cannot live in the shadow of everyone on here who has absolutely STUNNING sonics, and i don't...

Amazing job on this one!

I have two questions:

1). Will it be for sale?
2). Would it still function as a Universal Remote when you're done?

1) No
2) It is actually not built on the remote, I was going for a copy of the stage used prop. It is pretty much all scratch built. The Aluminum slide and claws were made by AnikinStarkiller and the rest was machined.

Thanks for the compliments on the build. It is a work in progress but it is coming out pretty good. I am looking forward to finishing these up so I can get to work the River Sonic.

Last edited:
Phez, are you going to make it so the slider stops at the half-way point? as when he flicks it, it stops there, but it can be extended further manually...

Phez, are you going to make it so the slider stops at the half-way point? as when he flicks it, it stops there, but it can be extended further manually...

I have the slide stop in the handle bored out on one side so depending on which way you have it flipped it will stop the slide at the midpoint or 3/4 of the way open.

You are a mad man with this build, I'm so happy to be able to watch it all come together... Really, really fantastic job.

Are there any drawings with dimensions from the original floating around anywhere or are you basing the dimensions off the toys out there?

I gave Phez a number of 3d printed prototype parts to pull the dimensions off. He also did a bit of tweaking to these designs based on some details he had noticed. My dimensions come from a set of high res photos I was given access to along with measurements and castings of the original prop. The toy didn't really factor into this build at all.

Many thanks go out to Anakin for sharing his massive amount of research on this prop. I was not sure where to start before receiving a box of parts from him. Now I just need to finish them up :lol. I have gotten a few PM's/emails asking for plans and measurements. I have made up my own drawings to figure out how i was going to cut out the parts using the tools I have but all of the base research I am going off of is Anakin's. I am happy to answer any questions on how I cut out or made any part (or post any photos that would help you make your own) but requests for measurements/diagrams should go to Anakin as it is his research.

I will try to post some photos later tonight of the fixed prong holders if I get some shop time. :p

I gave Phez a number of 3d printed prototype parts to pull the dimensions off. He also did a bit of tweaking to these designs based on some details he had noticed. My dimensions come from a set of high res photos I was given access to along with measurements and castings of the original prop. The toy didn't really factor into this build at all.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back