1:4 T-800 Endoskeleton (1984 ver.) ZBrush WIP

RoboForceGo

Jr Member
Hello!

I wanted to share my current mission to sculpt a faithful (within my ability) rendition of the original T-800 endoskeleton from the first Terminator film.

01.jpg

02.jpg

process1.jpg

endo.jpg

EpnseHVVEAI-C7c.jpg

I'm currently using reference that's freely available on the web as well as the Argonauts vinyl kit (which is based on the T2 revision, but still shares a lot of similarities to T1). Unfortunately this means it won't be 100% accurate, but I'm hoping to surpass what's available in the consumer market.

I'll try to update this page as I make progress.

Thanks for looking!

This is looking nice. Those resin prints look very smooth! What type of printer are you using? I have printed a T-800 in PLA and all required LOTS of sanding/filling/sanding!

Can't wait to see more!

This is looking nice. Those resin prints look very smooth! What type of printer are you using? I have printed a T-800 in PLA and all required LOTS of sanding/filling/sanding!

Can't wait to see more!

I'm using a Form 2 SLA resin printer and printing somewhat small at 1/4 scale, so cleanup is mostly just removing touch point marks. I saw your build, very impressive!

RoboForceGo You're doing a serious job with these, man. I'm following this!

Thank you!

This looks great! I printed some T800 heads from a Thingiverse model at 1:4 scale. Prints look great, unfortunately they missed the mark on likeness. Looking forward to your progress!

I'm nearly there sculpt wise! Just need to finish the hands and some panel lines, then it's time to pick a static pose and key the parts for print.

e1.jpg

I'm having some trouble finding clear reference images for the panel lining on the knees and shin rotator parts. I might just have to make an educated guess based on T2 parts, though I'd really prefer not to.

Inkede2_LI.jpg

This is looking great! Any thoughts on broadening the shoulder girdle and/or shrinking the pelvic area? Referencing the screen used T-800 from T2, the circular portions of the shoulders seem to protrude farther than the ribs/chest section. After all, it's Arnold, his V-shape was iconic. Looks incredible, keep it up!

Attachments

• H3257-L40395582.jpg
    H3257-L40395582.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 477
  • 7347fbd5ff0233d73564b78de015de9e.jpg
    7347fbd5ff0233d73564b78de015de9e.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 303
This is looking great! Any thoughts on broadening the shoulder girdle and/or shrinking the pelvic area? Referencing the screen used T-800 from T2, the circular portions of the shoulders seem to protrude farther than the ribs/chest section. After all, it's Arnold, his V-shape was iconic. Looks incredible, keep it up!

Thanks Jakelope! Since it's being modeled in a stiff/default pose, articulated areas like the shoulders and waist area will shrink and expand depending on the chosen pose. So the shoulders for example can pull outwards and rotate in a limited circular motion.

Hands are mostly finished! Some minor details were fudged a tad for practical purposes of printing and assembly:

handsmetal.jpg

Looking awesome, and man, you are really working fast.

Don't know if these show what you were asking about.

Endoskeleton - Tomenosuke Shoten shop - Japan - 007.jpg
Endoskeleton - Tomenosuke Shoten shop - Japan - 012.jpg
Endoskeleton - Tomenosuke Shoten shop - Japan - 007.jpg

Endoskeleton - Tokyo Japan Museum Robot Science - 02 - 007.jpg

There were large pictures posted of the recent full endoskeleton sale through PropStore that shows the grooving around the bottom ring edge of that knee insert. If you pm me your e-mail address I can send the pictures showing that to you.

Last edited:
Just noticed. Shins are very Hot Toys like. Too wide at the bottom. You should think of the shape more like a triangle shape, and not rectangular. They also don't seem as curved as they need to be up near the top with the cross mark on the front.

T2 - Endoskeleton - shin - 01 - 01.jpg
T2 - Endoskeleton - shin - 01 - 02.jpg
T2 - Endoskeleton - shin - 01 - 03.jpg

You can see how slim the shins are supposed to be down towards the foot.

T1 - Endoskeleton - Stan Winston Studios - 007.jpg

Last edited:
Really impressed by what you've doing and the speed you're doing it at. Can't wait to see one all printed up. :)

Ben

Glad I could help with the right reference. :)

For T1 there is no more iconic pose than when he steps out of the fire. It looks so intimidating. Though, if you are doing a diorama style, then the pose when it's bending down to finish Reese before he blows it up.

T1 - Endoskeleton - 01.jpg
T1 - Endoskeleton - 03.jpg

That overlay is pretty good. Shows where you need to widen the sculpt towards the front of the brow at the sides down towards the open temple hole. Widening that area may make the front cover appear smaller.

And you probably need to pull the lower jaw back just a few mm.

I don't think the T2 front cover is bigger than the T1, though, maybe they did groove it a bit bigger when they made the changes. If you are going for T1, there are a few clear shots of that front cover in several of the pictures I sent you.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back