1/3rd scale Alien head sculpt (AVP and Resurrection) Pic Heavy

Re: 1/3rd scale Alien head sculpt (AVP and Resurrection) Update 4

Wow 20 pounds of resin?!! thats so crazy I can see why you would want to build a rotocasting machine that would be really expensive to make solid castings.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, really makes me feel good to see people following my progress!

I havent been able to touch this build until tonight, unfortunately midterms got in the way and i wasnt able to put it literally any time on this since the last update:unsure

To start off with I added more clay around the top of the jaw piece where it meets the neck to blend it in better, as suggested and i think it looks a lot better and seems more natural.
DSC08240.jpg

I worked on some more details and textures that are not really too visable in these pictures. I started to get the basic shape of the inner jaw/tongue(whatever you prefer) but it still has a long way to go before it looks like the tongue and not like a..uhm..:behave..we'll leave it at that
DSC08244.jpg

Here are some pics of all of the parts separated, better than showing the same exact poses everytime right? gotta keep it interesting

DSC08247.jpg

DSC08248.jpg

getting closer...getting closer...

Worked on the base a little, still tweaking little things here and there, its almost ready to bake...I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel now. The only major change i need to make is blending in where the tendons meet at the jaw and the head, and some final details on the inner jaw as well. Im going to add in "AVP" to the front of the base as well, thats why I left it blank in the front.

DSC08275.jpg

DSC08278.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back