1/350 enterprise d 6 footer

Have to just say hats off to you. This build is looking beautiful I have the 1/350 nx and the refit and I find them to be huge this is absolutely museum size you have here. And I can just imagine the costs. I have been model kit hunting to kitbash the 32" falcon and have already half a grand into it. I can only imagine what all this resin, fiberglass and other materials is costing you. So are you gonna end up mounting at a slant so it will fit in a room better or do you have the room to set it out strait ?.

Looks amazing! I can't wait to see it all complete! Ever thought of asking image G or someone else who has a motion control rig to maybe do a short film with it? I'm sure you might be able to start a kickstarter campaign to do that! Maybe some of these fan films might want to see it! Anyway, good work! I'm going to keep checking in.

Ok....messing around with the thickness of cloth and resins. Made the mistake of using clear casting resin to lay up the first set of parts. Big mistake, please don't do it! So.....after fixing my molds, I did another set using production resin (not exopy). Funny enough it looks just like what the original parts were made from.

View attachment 141700

These parts came out too thin. 1 layer 3oz and 1 layer 6oz. Next parts will be 3 layers of 6 oz, nice and sturdy but still should be pretty lightweight
Thanks for looking!

Update 2-15-13
Finally got a good part! 3 layers of 6 oz cloth. Super sturdy! Had to squeeze the two pieces together to meet clean with the center piece. I will make the next set only 2 layers and see if it helps.
View attachment 143749

View attachment 143750
I did these parts in just resin to see how they would come out when I do the hull parts, but I will do these with primer next run.
View attachment 143751
Thanks for looking. Hoping to get more progress done!

Just amazing, G-man! I am loving every step of this build... and I am taking notes, too, (so I don't make any more mistakes on MY build! LOL) I hope you are going to offer a kit, cause these big scratch-builds are draining... all the research, and time and money... draining. :) I envy your stamina.

Ok! Finally feel like I got something done. Got primer on the secondary hull. Pretty happy with how it came out.

:eek :eek :eek :eek

My jaw is on the floor... That is awesome!

Fully knowing a kit would likely be too much $ for me I'm still going to say that you should definitely offer one!!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back