1/350 enterprise d 6 footer

I found a brazilian video about recycling of silicon rubber:

Reciclando Borracha de Silicone - Recycling Silicone Rubber - YouTube

He says to triture a lot the rubber into very small pieces, and mixture with fresh liquid silicon rubber.

Maybe if the first layer applied is fresh silicone, the recycled misture can be put over as new layers, and get a good result. Not sure if it affects the extructure or if get more prone to tears.

Using recycled silicon rubber:

http://www.dimclay.com/2partmold.html

I a comment he says about re-use resin, but just after the first layer is apllied, in other words, use small pieces of resin just to fill, to make volume.

Last edited:
Thanks! Saw it and contacted him a few months back to schedule a trip to see it in person! I am working on molds right now and will get some pictures in a week or so.

Its...its....magnificent

Whenever i goto Forbidden Planet in London they have a large 1701-D, always loved the size of the thing, but the detail is kinda disappointing, this looks amazing, loving it!

They also have one in Liverpool, the detail is really poor, looks vacformed, but it's been there as long as I can remember.

<----- JEALOUS!!! That's outstanding! :) Since I started the C I have developed a whole new respect for replica modeling... rule #1: It aint as easy as it looks! Rock on, G-man!!! :)

incredible progress (as always!)

i must say though: i've thought this a few times now. but i just love how enthused you are at your dad's hobby. my son has always been less than thrilled with the models and cg stuff i do. if he cant "fly it" or mash buttons and make it shoot stuff, he just isnt interested.

It is my hobby. My papa is the master fiberglass guy. He has built boats, waterslides, canopies, golf car bodies, big model airplanes, etc. So we are a good pair. I'm his rivet, detail and airbrush guy on his planes and he's the fiberglass guy for my stuff.

My son is only 2, but I hope we have what you and your dad have, when he is older. (My 13 y/o daughter isn't interested in my hobbies... never was. :() The molds look great! She is gonna be a thing of beauty when she is finished.

This looks just gorgeous!
I'm still hoping Polar Lights will eventually release a 3' version of this ship. There is just no place for a 6' model in my home!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back