1:2 Wolverine bust done the comic style way!

Crozzy

Started this bust a few months back. Heavily inspired by the comic style of Joe Maduriera and others. Wanted to go big on this fella. Decided on 1/2 scale (roughly).
My usual clay of of choice is Monster Clay Medium due to its perfect in between qualities.
After getting most of the forms laid out, I decided to do something different. Something I've seen Simon Lee do. He utilizes different colors of clay which I thought was such an unusual yet satisfying choice. I'm assuming because it offers a more pleasing to the eye look since it breaks up the constant neutral color scheme and provides a better result to the eye.
For mine I wanted to break it up by doing the dark colors of Wolverine in the brown Monster clay. This also provides a good way to identify the separate parts of the outfit.
I used real denture acrylic teeth with the fangs being modified using some translucent sculpey.
I wanted to utilize several types of medium in this sculpt so I decided to add some copper rods along the seam lines. This will aid in keeping them clean and sharp.
The eyes are just some wood spheres I painted white to help tell the story as I go along.
Doing this sculpt in this manner is kind of like the entire process of pencils, then ink, then color all in one.
20220619_104925.jpg

The cowl ears are separate and are connected using a 3d modeled key I made to help make the molding and casting process much easier.
20220515_102320.jpg

More progress coming soon.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back