1/144 Star Wars Millennium Falcon (The Force Awakens) plastic model BANDAI

That's coming along really nicely

For streaking I usually use really thinned down oils and wipe it off with a paper towel, then I might refine some of the streaks with pastels on top of it as well to get darker streaking. I find doing the pastels on top of the surface after doing the oil wash gets them to stick a little more than they would over a glossy surface

Yeah, just borrow your son's Falcon and play with it;)

:lol

That's coming along really nicely

For streaking I usually use really thinned down oils and wipe it off with a paper towel, then I might refine some of the streaks with pastels on top of it as well to get darker streaking. I find doing the pastels on top of the surface after doing the oil wash gets them to stick a little more than they would over a glossy surface

Thanks for the tip :thumbsup

Finely get my way around with how to do the strikes so now all the rust spots are done an the varnish all set time to do some test :thumbsup

Nice streaking effects. The streaking and soot marks are what really solidifies the Falcon's look and helps emulate that ILM paint style

Splendid weathering job!

What are your paints / oils or pastels of choice for the streaks and such?

Thanks a lot :cheers

I used acrylic paints / water, brush and paper towel ;)

You just dropped the mike and walked away, falcon must have these streaks , very nice

Thanks a lot :$

Brilliant work. Hard to imagine it is so small.

Thanks a lot too :$

How did you do the streaks on the Falcon? How to most modelers achieve them?

In my case you know it by now :lol

Pinousse,

Amazing work, I've really enjoyed following this thread. I was hoping I could ask you a few questions. For starters I noticed earlier in the thread you used a can of Tamiya AS-20. Did you spray from the can or decant it for use in an airbrush. I ask as I'm a relatively new modeler and don't use an airbrush yet and am very impressed with your results. Also, can you tell me what clear varnish / top coat product you're using and how you're applying it? Lastly - amazing job on the decals. I have a bottle of Mr. Mark Softer and have used it a few times but my decals never lay down as nicely as yours. I usually just apply the water slide decal per the normal approach and then brush the decal softener on top. I wondered if you were doing anything differently?

Lastly, sort of a personal question, you've shown us your amazing painting skills. I'm curious why you opted for the decals rather than painting those portions? You're such a great painter!

Thanks.

First thanks for the kind words :$

Pinousse,

Amazing work, I've really enjoyed following this thread. I was hoping I could ask you a few questions. For starters I noticed earlier in the thread you used a can of Tamiya AS-20. Did you spray from the can or decant it for use in an airbrush. I ask as I'm a relatively new modeler and don't use an airbrush yet and am very impressed with your results. Also, can you tell me what clear varnish / top coat product you're using and how you're applying it? Lastly - amazing job on the decals. I have a bottle of Mr. Mark Softer and have used it a few times but my decals never lay down as nicely as yours. I usually just apply the water slide decal per the normal approach and then brush the decal softener on top. I wondered if you were doing anything differently?

Lastly, sort of a personal question, you've shown us your amazing painting skills. I'm curious why you opted for the decals rather than painting those portions? You're such a great painter!

Thanks.

Then I will try to give asmers for all your interrogations :D

First yes I use Tamiya AS-20 sprayed directly from the can, I applied two light coat on both sides :thumbsup

When it goes to varnish I almost always use TAMIYA spray 100ml TS80 Flat clear and as for the AS-20 straight from the can light coat too :thumbsup

As for the decal I used Revell decal soft, I apllied some where I want the decal to go then put the decal in place and re applied some of the softer on and after 20/30 second I mop up the excess with a q-tip and I used another on to set the decal in place and put it down the recessed areas. Then I let it dry. Hope that's clear...... :confused

As for using the decals I have no real answer I found them cool so I used them :lol

So now back to some do some streaks before being sick I fall asleep on the bench :wacko

Oh wait look like the Falcon streakes back :lol

I'm already out... :facepalm

Some WIP pics :thumbsup

And here is where I stand right now with the top of the Faclon ::)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back