1/12 Apollo 11

Okay, so who is the customer that was crazy enough to want to get you to do it in 1/12 scale? That thing is HUGE!!! It is nicely done BTW.

Thanks!

A friend I've built for before, I think this is like the 5th project I've done for him. His house is like a real space model museum and he has no children LOL. He wanted a 1/12 csm to go with his LEM in the same scale.

That is so cool,the bigger the better!

Well maybe 1:1 would be a lil on the large size but something the size of this is sure to grab anyones attention. I have a soft spot for the real space hardware and you do incredible work. That is really very impressive!!

It's a perfect companion for that 1/12 LEM, is there pictures of that also posted somewhere? That sounds mind blowing also!

That is so cool,the bigger the better!

Well maybe 1:1 would be a lil on the large size but something the size of this is sure to grab anyones attention. I have a soft spot for the real space hardware and you do incredible work. That is really very impressive!!

It's a perfect companion for that 1/12 LEM, is there pictures of that also posted somewhere? That sounds mind blowing also!

Hello Wombat, thanks! No, unfortunately I have no pics of his LEM but I could ask. I've gotten a bit side tracked for the last few weeks on this project.... My wife is getting ready to have our 3rd child, and I got a new toy for my birthday a bit early. :love

VStar650Classic002.jpg

Nice job. I built a couple of full scale models for movies and museums, and I think that the foil on the full scale was easier than what you had to deal with here.

Job is done. :thumbsup It only took 3 years of Saturdays and had to survive 2 moves across country, the purchase of a motorcycle and the birth of a third child.

ApolloCSMFinal055.jpg

ApolloCSMFinal2007.jpg

ApolloCSMFinal045.jpg

ApolloCSMFinal043.jpg

ApolloCSMFinal044.jpg

ApolloCSMFinal058.jpg

ApolloCSMFinal053.jpg

ApolloCSMFinal042.jpg

ApolloCSMFinal032.jpg

ApolloCSMFinal019.jpg

ApolloCSMFinal017.jpg

Absolutly stunning model. I am currently building a 1/12th LEM and was considering doing the CSM to go with it. I worked out the dia of tube to be approx 400mm dia ?
Do you mind telling me did you manage to get hold of an extruded tube or did you pre fabricate the main body /

Again stunning model now gave me the push to consider doing one for myself

Thanks Lamboman.

I didn't use a tube for the SM. I built bulkheads with 1/4" MDF, stacked and glued styrofoam inside, and then wrapped that sucker with styrene sheet.

Good luck on your builds! I'd like to see photos of your LEM.

apollo002003.jpg

thank you for the reply, just spoted the link to your pics.

i noticed you sculpted the engine and small jets from foam and then molded.

I dont suppose you would be willing to sell some cast parts would you ?

Just tried to PM, however your profile will not accept PM which i understand

Thankyou again

thank you for the reply, just spoted the link to your pics.

i noticed you sculpted the engine and small jets from foam and then molded.

I dont suppose you would be willing to sell some cast parts would you ?

Just tried to PM, however your profile will not accept PM which i understand

Thankyou again

You should be able to send me a pm now, I don't understand why that was, as I have gotten pms from others in the past. It should be fixed.

Anyway, if you had contacted me 2 months ago, I could have probably helped you out. Unfortunately any spares I had I used on some sci-fi scratchbuilds and the molds were pretty rough, so they got chopped up to be recycled.

Incredible work Sir!, love your Yamaha also, I hired out 1 of those whilst on holiday on Rhodes, Greece a few yrs ago.:cool

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back