1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

I'd say leave the beams alone and move on to the next thing. There will be lots of lessons learned when you do the next one.

Hi Gang,

I've decided to leave well enough alone and move forward... As Snow Builder said it's a definite "Lesson Learned". While it will BUG me... I have to move forward and will remember to address ALL the little issues when we move forward to the official cockpit. So... with that... I know I've been slacking these past few weeks. But to be honest I have been wiped out. I needed to remove myself from the project and take a breather... :)

I'm slowly putting the beast back together. I'm going to tackle the beam details next and then the light bars. :)

The lighter color is SO COOL!
20131201_114250_zps848598ee.jpg

This vertical beam needs the thin edging detail added
20131201_114316_zpsb246feb7.jpg

What a difference
20131201_114331_zps4bd39e0a.jpg

I know these are the same shots over and over but I try to give you all the same experience and views I have
20131201_114359_zps49d59177.jpg

Love that black line!
20131201_114416_zps928152fa.jpg

Note the color contrast
20131201_115329_zps0ee124f8.jpg

With a flash - you can see the thin edging on this vertical beam
20131201_115353_zpsc7edb419.jpg

More to Follow

Yes, those beams are great with the new colour treatment. Don't sweat that beam recess, as you said, it'll be there into the official cockpit.
It's good to take a breather from time to time, specially long project like this one. Eager to see it moving after recess period;)

Hi Gang,

Went to the improvement store and picked up a few more of thin strips of wood for the beams. I have several in the tub soaking for when I adhere them to the vertical curved beams. I'm going to need a lot more when I get to the front arch. I also added a few pin stripes to the quad...

I held back on finishing the paint job on the beams that need these little guys...
20131201_154039_zps2449d63c.jpg

This is the badly warped beam on Han's side... UGH...
20131201_154051_zps6f4da42b.jpg

I added some black pin stripes to the quad. I really like the way they made this top area pop. I don't want to add too much, but what do you think? Add a few more in various areas?
20131201_155033_zps9929a41b.jpg

20131201_155048_zps86520e7b.jpg

20131201_155055_zps46015598.jpg

20131201_155102_zps10e5de98.jpg

More to Follow

I like the addition of the black stripes. It's all about negative and positive space -you've broken up a pretty big, plain positive space and added visual interest. Most excellent ;)

Wow this is just so amazing; no words to describe how awesome it is!

Hi ECL,

Thank you so much! Very kind words. Hang on tight... Chris Lee and I have been chatting and it's going to get VERY interesting! Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

looks alot tighter

Thanks S! The new color really makes a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, those beams are great with the new colour treatment. Don't sweat that beam recess, as you said, it'll be there into the official cockpit.
It's good to take a breather from time to time, specially long project like this one. Eager to see it moving after recess period;)

Hey J,

Thanks! It is SO nice to see a new color and they really compliment each other once everything comes together. I still have a laundry list of things to do but no self imposed end date this time!

- - - Updated - - -

From the outside the colour change makes it look like there's already glass in there.

Hi C,

I noticed that as well. There was a shot from the GMX show where, to the untrained eye, one would have thought we added plexi. It was a great effect. For some reason the 3 different colors play tricks on the eye - in a good way of course

20131102_173517_zps2f17b4f3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I like the addition of the black stripes. It's all about negative and positive space -you've broken up a pretty big, plain positive space and added visual interest. Most excellent ;)

Thank you, Sir! It's amazing how the little things can completely change the overall appearance. :)

Those stripes on the quad look great but for one thing: too clean and sharp (time to "distress" them like the rest of the piece;)) Keep up the great work, it's an amazing project. Btw, showed the pics of the cockpit to my Father and he muttered something along the lines: "crazy *******" (that means he's very impressed by your work:D)!

Wow, great progress on your build! Simply amazing!

Thank you very much. It's definately been a labor of love...

- - - Updated - - -

Those stripes on the quad look great but for one thing: too clean and sharp (time to "distress" them like the rest of the piece;)) Keep up the great work, it's an amazing project. Btw, showed the pics of the cockpit to my Father and he muttered something along the lines: "crazy *******" (that means he's very impressed by your work:D)!

LOL! Your father sounds like a wise man. :)

The black pin stripes definately need some weathering. I'll probably just sand them down a little to take the "high gloss" down. Othern that... I'm not sure what else I can do other than maybe cutting them up? But, it definately adds to the overall look and feel.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, you know that looks gooder! :thumbsup

Thank you, Sir! I'm hoping for "goodest" after the next few rounds of major updates!

- - - Updated - - -

Holy wow! that's amazing... this is how I want my gaming station to look :p

Thanks, Shard! That would be a pretty cool gaming station. We're hoping to add sound when we get to the lighting. I think we should also look into a IMAX style screen. Then it could definately be a gaming station. Imagine playing a Flight Sim!

Hi Gang,

Not sure how many of you are following Starkiller's 3D MF build. He's started the conversion from ANH to ESB and it's amazing!

http://www.therpf.com/f11/screen-ac...kpit-cg-model-102451/index66.html#post3131555

And with that... If we (Chris and I) continue to make the full scale display cockpit more like the ESB version, I should recreate the lower side panels to match the new ESB pinstriping and begin to add all the different greeblies. If I do this, I'll create the actual panels with the actual nose angles.

it's not my fault! All you did was ask me for a printable grip for the steering yokes, and I had to go and start to build the whole rest of the ESB cockpit (and interior...) Before that I was minding my own business, I swear! Heh heh.

I know it's not canonical, but those yokes need steering columns. They look incredibly awkward jutting out of the dashboard, with no pipes or cables leading down underneath.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back