1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

I know that the prep work can be a b****, but the better prepared, the better results. Eager to see some more (I know, it's a drug :D)

Hi Gang!

Again... hopefully you guys will be able to find me after the move within the forum...

Work continues on the beams...
20131127_121721_zps3cf0683b.jpg

Gotta get those surfaces nice and smooth
20131127_123217_zpsd2dbf482.jpg

20131127_123224_zps0d61150e.jpg

The beast groweth...
20131127_121751_zps466d4b53.jpg

More to Follow

Hi Gang,

More Updates... Sanding Sanding Sanding

Waiting for paint
20131127_153956_zpsdf07870e.jpg

More
20131127_154758_zps55174ebe.jpg

And More
20131127_153948_zps218bd70b.jpg

This is what all the beams will look like when they are finished - what a difference!
20131127_153743_zps5608880a.jpg

20131127_153805_zpsccff1766.jpg

Lots of greeblies...
20131127_154841_zps66527107.jpg

More to Follow!

I wasn't aware you got snow as far south as you are... I thought your state was sunshine all year long!

OH NO... It's been in the 20s / 30s for the past days. Snow isn't something we usually get but when they call for it... the entire area freaks out and there isn't ANY toilet paper or milk to be found. This time around we didn't have anything. Not even any frost. But it is cold!

- - - Updated - - -

I know that the prep work can be a b****, but the better prepared, the better results. Eager to see some more (I know, it's a drug :D)

Hey J,

I agree... As I've said in earlier posts, I don't think anything build a persons character more than doing the same thing over and over... and over and over... But it is all worth it. I should begin to have things back together VERY soon...

- - - Updated - - -

badass build!

Thanks, J! I appreciate it!

- - - Updated - - -

Where'd you get all the sweet greebles?

About a year ago I was looking through EBay when I stumbled across an auction for 100+ various radio / vintage knobs. I won the auction and paid around 20-30 dollars. It was one of those rare finds/wins.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking awesome.

Believe me I know how much time and work these projects take,

Cary

Hi C,

Thanks so much! It is definitely a slow process - some areas slower than others. But she's getting there

Hi Gang,

Updates...

Looks like its going to take a few layers of the lighter grey
20131128_090317_zps7df5d25e.jpg

20131128_090329_zps409e5c64.jpg

20131128_091020_zps5f7adc0b.jpg

After two coats
20131128_091027_zps9776cfa8.jpg

More to Follow!

OH NO... It's been in the 20s / 30s for the past days. Snow isn't something we usually get but when they call for it... the entire area freaks out and there isn't ANY toilet paper or milk to be found. This time around we didn't have anything. Not even any frost. But it is cold!

Psh up here, we've had 6 inches of snow since the 17th, and it's -11C right now. -30F is shorts weather ;)

Hi Gang,

I'm considering making a change to two of the canopy beams. The right and left front lower beams are NOT supposed to be flush with the upper side panel - they are in fact set back about 1/2". All the rest of the beams ARE in fact flush - this is where I got confused. See image below

0001Cd_zpsff496bfb.jpg

What do you guys think? Just leave well enough alone or fix a VERY clear error...

Does that 'set back' look come from a slightly wider horizontal plank that the beam sits on? would it be easier to tack on an extra thin beading strip after everything is completed to get it all looking squared up?

Just read the news link stating the movie 1:1 MF is complete... WAH?!!?!1 How the, when the, WAH! lol

Last edited:

I wouldn't have thought it was worth the effort, but it's your choice manne :thumbsup

Hey HH,

This is only the display version... I shouldn't spend any more unnecessary time of something that only a handful of people would actually notice... It'll be a personal thorn in my side... but I think once the greeblies are added :)

- - - Updated - - -

Does that 'set back' look come from a slightly wider horizontal plank that the beam sits on? would it be easier to tack on an extra thin beading strip after everything is completed to get it all looking squared up?

Just read the news link stating the movie 1:1 MF is complete... WAH?!!?!1 How the, when the, WAH! lol

The added strip actually pushes it past the side panel so I had to cut the edges at 45 degree angle to give it a finished look... Again, it's a personal thorn but it is what it is...

I read the article. And it makes perfect sense. Since they are doing a Han Solo stand alone film, I'm almost convinced that screen tests will be done within the cockpit hoping to find that perfect actor to fill HFs shoes. Plus, they will be filming EP VII and the HS Adventures back to back if not at the same time...

I WOULD LOVE to see the MF! I would just soak it all in!

Hi Gang,

I've been chatting with Starkiller (for those who don't know he's the one responsible for my being able to create this project - http://www.therpf.com/f11/screen-accurate-millennium-falcon-cockpit-cg-model-102451/

Here it is now: http://www.therpf.com/f11/screen-ac...kpit-cg-model-102451/index65.html#post3126928

Both he and I noticed the weathering on the exterior part of the beams. Starkiller went ahead and added the weathering to his 3D model and it looks awesome! Looks like I know what I'll be doing soon!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back