1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Hi Gang,

Another quick update! First, I've been looking for greeblies to add to the top of the cockpit exterior. I found this old washing machine part that I thought was really cool looking and would look perfect on the Falcon!

The age, weathering and patina on this side of the greeblie is perfect! I don't think I'm going to do anything to it. Look how perfectly weathered it is. LOVE IT!
IMG_20210718_123000280.jpg

Other side (bottom?) Again, this is the perfect greeblie! Other than figuring out how to mount the piece, I'm not going to change anything.
IMG_20210718_123011286.jpg

I'm still gathering up parts but nothing has arrived yet.

Also... I created another video of the full scale build and I dedicate this particular video to all of you!

More to Follow... So Stay Tuned!

Hi Gang,

Well... I DID IT! With a lot of help from the GF, I finally finished up the exterior skin! There were a few hiccups along the way but all in all.. a TOTAL SUCCESS!!! Without getting too wordy... ENJOY!

IMG_20210725_111107921(1).jpg

The upper cockpit entrance panel is finished, I just haven't bolted it in place
IMG_20210801_063002562.jpg

Here is the panel
IMG_20210531_083624240_HDR(1).jpg

This is the VERY top! There is a gap showing (at the bottom). This gap is from the capstone panel - I just need to add a few inches of depth to the panel
IMG_20210725_111213662_HDR.jpg

Side / Top view
IMG_20210725_110722478_HDR.jpg

Side/Front view
IMG_20210801_062835063.jpg

Another view of the top/front
IMG_20210801_062907782.jpg

WE DID IT! Can you believe after all this time it's finally done? WHEW... BUT!!! Before we add paint I have to figure out the armor plating. Is there anybody who can give me some advice on EVA Foam? I found a supplier who sells 40in x 80in sheets. I need some serious guidance on whether this will work if the foam is adhered to the flexible fiberglass panel. As you all know, the FRP sheets are not adhered and when removed they will lay flat - will the EVA foam work? Yes? No?

Before all that... work continues on the window. There are still some high and low areas that need work. Once the fiberglassing is done I can finally add the bondo. Then I will get to work on the interior side of the window. Even though the front window is looking rough, she still looks WAY better than it did before. : )
IMG_20210717_150052611.jpg

And then we begin serious work on the nose section! Another situation where we a LOT of high and low areas that will need fixing.
IMG_20210725_111135914.jpg

And then FINALLY we can work on both the exterior and interior sides of the canopy
IMG_20210725_111131195.jpg

As you can see I have a LOT of sanding and evening out to do...
IMG_20210725_111126847.jpg

IMG_20210725_111117058.jpg

But no matter, it's going to be fun and we're going to have a blast doing it!
IMG_20210717_150104511.jpg

In the meantime, enjoy this exterior skin sneak peek!

We are SO CLOSE to finishing! More to Follow!

Last edited:
Excellent update/results Greg (and big thanks to the GF(y)) No idea if EVA foam would work on F.G. :unsure: As for hammering that panel into place; having a long piece of wood, placed along the panel would've distributed the forces along the whole edge and not just at the point of impact;)
Lesson learned in hammering anything, anytime!

I have no experience with EVA foam (yet) but it seems reasonable to me that if you used the strong industrial Velcro ("HELLcro"- I used it a few times on guitarist pedalboards) to hold the foam to the FRP sheets, you'd be able to remove the armor, and then the sheet. (You could also hide smaller access panels and/or removal handles under the foam, thereby reducing the need/making it easier to remove the entire sheet).

Regular Velcro may work fine too- the foam is not super-heavy (I have handled it, just not worked with it). If there is a 3/4" perimeter strip of Velcro I think it'd hold.

I have no experience with EVA foam (yet) but it seems reasonable to me that if you used the strong industrial Velcro ("HELLcro"- I used it a few times on guitarist pedalboards) to hold the foam to the FRP sheets, you'd be able to remove the armor, and then the sheet. (You could also hide smaller access panels and/or removal handles under the foam, thereby reducing the need/making it easier to remove the entire sheet).

Regular Velcro may work fine too- the foam is not super-heavy (I have handled it, just not worked with it). If there is a 3/4" perimeter strip of Velcro I think it'd hold.
Hey ID,

I thought about that... I would really like the armor plating (EVA foam) to lay flat against the panels with out any gaps or raised areas. It's DEF a thought and the idea of being able to remove the plating, if need be, is a great idea! : )

Last edited:
Excellent update/results Greg (and big thanks to the GF(y)) No idea if EVA foam would work on F.G. :unsure: As for hammering that panel into place; having a long piece of wood, placed along the panel would've distributed the forces along the whole edge and not just at the point of impact;)
Lesson learned in hammering anything, anytime!
Hey JB,

THANKS so much! We were working that panel for over 15 minutes! My arms were killing me and simply put... frustration set in. I knew better than the beat the h3!! out of the panel. The reality is, I was trying to cover too large an area with two panels. I wound up breaking the area into 3 panels and it worked perfectly!

Last edited:
Hi Gang,

Just wanted to let you know that work on the full scale continues! The weather has been unbearable these past several weeks and of course, regular life keeps getting in the way of all our fun! ; )

Anywho... I've started evening out the bad areas of the nose
IMG_20210822_092748184.jpg

There was SO MUCH sag in the front nose that I had to create some sort of support for it. I hope this helps!
IMG_20210827_125055980.jpg

hmmmm... that's weird... what is this insulation foam doing here?
IMG_20210827_125307953.jpg

AND most importantly, the skin is done! A video coming soon on that!
IMG_20210815_103127048.jpg

IMG_20210821_054819808.jpg

More to Follow!

Great update Greg (y) (y) :cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy: As for the sag...any idea as to make sure, over time, that it doesn't create worse problems?
Hey JB!

Thanks! Gravity is a wonderful thing, isn't it? If this little support doesn't work than the only options are to 1) make sure the nose is always locked in position with the main body or 2) create a brace that sits under the tip of the nose, to prevent any further sagging, when it's disconnected from the main body. Either way... letting the nose sit detached for too long will absolutely create more headaches. Fun Fun Fun! lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back