yankeetrex

Hey Everyone,

Back at it again with my low key favorite dinosaur of the JP series Dilophosaurus. I sculpted her in Zbrush and printed her on my Creality CR10s. 9 Total parts. Printing the mouth palates and tongue now. I'll update as soon as they are done.

94sMM88.jpg

Looks cool. I always thought the Dilophosaurus was just a early version Velociraptor in a more proper scale before they went with the 6' version, which is why the head is so raptor like and nothing like the strange crooked upper jawed real Dilophosaurus.

Looks cool. I always thought the Dilophosaurus was just a early version Velociraptor in a more proper scale before they went with the 6' version, which is why the head is so raptor like and nothing like the strange crooked upper jawed real Dilophosaurus.

Dilophosaurus was actually one of the last dinosaurs made for the film. When the Dilo is in the jeep, the lip lifts up to show the subnarial gap that the actual animal has. Always liked that feature of the animatronic and probably will have it represented in head 2 for this....

Very detailed sculpt you have there!

What type of putty will you use to smooth out the gaps between the parts?

Very detailed sculpt you have there!

What type of putty will you use to smooth out the gaps between the parts?
For personal projects i usually use apoxisculpt, and gap filler primer for the model itself. But this one is getting extra treatment with melted monster clay over the whole model to smooth out any print lines and then prepare it for molding. Besides the 1:1 Scale T-rex of mine this will be the best one yet.

Long time since any work has been done, but......I finally sent her off to my friend Michael Martinez for a monster clay makeover. He will be laying on thin layers of monster clay and sculpting back any detail lost or missing I use a regular PLA 3D printer. Cant wait for this to get off the ground a bit more.....

fWyVU1nkgGth2JsVVKuds0LqKmA&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back