“Star Trek ‘09” 10th Anniversary

Captain Dunsel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Wow—I just realized that the first “Star Trek” reboot film passed the 10 year mark, this summer.

No matter how you feel about those three films, you have to admit, this is one hell of a teaser:

I wonder how many Trekkies went bonkers seeing the ship being built on earth! And not in shipyards in space!
*raises hand* And in Riverside, Iowa, rather than San Francisco. I was so into that teaser up until I saw the warp engines. The saucers were built in landside graving docks, so the first part of the construction montage was fine with me. But the stardrive section was built in space, the saucer then boosting up to be mated to it. As robust as they'd have to build that ship to hold itself and its incredibly massive engines up under Earth gravity... Well, I was about to say why bother when the ship is never supposed to land, but then in the very next movie it's parked in an ocean, so... *sigh*

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back