*Contest* - Custom Sonic Screwdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Next Doctor

Custom Sonic Screwdriver contest

Here are the boring rules....

1. It is free to enter.

2. You may enter, no matter how long you have been a member. Whether you have been here since the beginning, or if you just joined yesterday, you are welcome.

3. One (1) entry per person, please.

4. Entries must be submitted to customsonic@att.net. Please title your e-mail, "2010 Custom Sonic Screwdriver Contest Entry", and please include your RPF screen name, in the body of the e-mail.

5. Entries must be an original design. No "replicas" of existing Sonic Screwdrivers

6. Entries must be "real". No CG or blueprints. It must be a tangible item.

7. Entries must be submitted for this contest only. (ie. I cannot submit my custom sonic that I posted last week) Entries will be disqualified for being posted in other threads or prior to this contest.

8. Machined or cast parts are ok but the majority of the construction must be found items.

9. Entries will be accepted from March 1 to midnight April 15.

10. All entrees must include:

At least two good pictures of your finished Sonic Screwdriver.
Your RPF ScreenName

11. All pictures will be held until the contest entry period is over, on April 15. (We don't want anyone taking your idea, and trying to improve on it, and stealing your thunder)

12. Pictures will be posted as soon as possible after the deadline of April 15. (hopefully within a day, or two.)

13. While it is encouraged that you post your intention to participate in this contest, in this thread, it is not required. In other words, if you prefer, you can PM me your intention, or e-mail me your entry without posting in this

thread. Though at least a simple "I'm in", or "I'll take a crack at it" etc. would be welcomed.

14. I reserve the right to post your screen name as a participant. This means, while you are welcome to not post your intended participation in the contest, in this thread, I can. (this clause is only for things like posting winners

screen names, etc. )

15. Voting will run until April 30, starting after contest pictures are posted.

16. Voting will be open to all of the RPF, whether they made an entry, or not.

17. Once voting has ended, please allow, 2 to 3 days for tallying votes.

18. Once the votes have been tallied, the winners will be posted, and prizes selected. (If Prizes are donated)

19. The first place winner will have first choice of which prize they want. Then second place will choose a prize from those remaining. Then 3rd place will choose a prize, then 4th, and so on, until we run out of prizes.

20. Have fun.

THE PRIZES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be listing the prizes here once I make confirmation of them. Please keep in mind you can donate and still participate!!!!

MFX Replicas has graciously donated one of their Limted Edition SONIC SCREWDRIVERS. For those that don't know what it is, it is the OFFICIAL BBC Replica of the Tennant Sonic.

modeleers has graciously donated a Jedi Holoprojector. See it in this thread.

fuelish has graciously donated a DVD copy of Doctor Who: Genesis of the Daleks (story 78)

NakedMoleRat has made sure that this is a true Doctor Who Contest by donating a bag of Jelly Babies.

Risu will be donating a pair of Sanctuary Base 6 space suit patches.

There are other prizes in store, but the people donating are looking for additional items to add, some that are unavailable in the US.

Watch this space for updates

IF YOU WANT TO DONATE PRIZES, PLEASE PM ME!!!!!

I want this to be as fun as possible and I set the date I hope far enough in advance to accommodate as many people as possible.

Here are who I have received entries from as of 4/15/2010 - 7:25p EST

d_jedi1
NakedMoleRat
nimitzbrood
Beesa-Pesal
Tomorrowist
Shylaah
TimeRender
Macmantis
Hugh Jorgens
Protokev
Fuelish
copper
Jannix Quinn
Pete SSS
elvisgump
Tempus
Aoifrost
Asp9mm
Eradicator
jwm96
shuktuki
CB2001
wondersquid
Primrodo
Orange_Blend
Pharos
Starbuc
PsyBear
Contec
jason1976

Thanks to Jason1976 as I took some of his rules from the Custom Lightsaber Contest

Last edited:
I wasn't sure if I would have "time", but given the "time" frame that's well into April, I have intentions of attempting an entry.:lol

As will I.

I'm in.

Now, I read the rules, so am I correct in assuming I can make anything as long as it is a sonic screwdriver? There is no cash limit like the lightsaber contest?

As will I.

I'm in.

Now, I read the rules, so am I correct in assuming I can make anything as long as it is a sonic screwdriver? There is no cash limit like the lightsaber contest?

You are correct, there is no cash limit. As long as your entry fits the rules, you can spend as much as you like.

just added a couple of extra parts i found on mine
this thing is held togrther with super glue
but it does light up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back