ILM X-wing photos

Thanks Gene!!

I enlarged the topps card version of the modelmakers, and was fortunate to have Lorne Peterson sign it. I didn't realize that was Joe Johnston cropped at the bottom.

-DM

Some you missed from the forum, Newbie:

The third pic is the model ILM sent to Elstree for John Barry's crew.

Attachments

• red-2-wiring-sockets.jpg
    red-2-wiring-sockets.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
ND - thats a great scan and a beautiful picture - thanks for sharing the share! I missed the issue :-(

Last edited:
Wow! Am I seeing that right? The underside of Red 1's fuselage is a dark grey?

Not to mention the extra colors on Red 2.

man, as this threa goes along, I have to redo all my 1/72 finemolds kits!

Yes the underside of Red1 is dark grey, its almost like the forward section on the hull was masked off and shaded in!
You can see this in the Empire of dreams DVD too, so this pattern at least applies to the pyro!

lee

Thats the one Paul, you see her rigged for a pyro shoot, im just not sure what happened to the Hero model sadly, i know there was one, as it had the nose mount for sure...id kill to know more about what happened to her, always been my fave bird!

lee

ND - thats a great scan and a beautiful picture - thanks for sharing the share! I missed the issue :-(

Thanks for looking! I appreciate your comment! Finally,this thread is picking up speed! I haven't posted all the photos I have yet,as I'm still organizing my file folers!

Gene

PS - what did I win? It better be good......[/QUOTE]

What was your source,memory,or reference? Sorry,I shouldn't have been so non descript in the contest post! I meant to say that I have lots of old behind the scenes photos that haven't seen the light of day in over thirty years! Ever wonder what happened to the Millenium Falcon set,or the X-wing fighter that Luke sat in? Things that NO-ONE on this forum has even seen! Photos from shows that haven't been seen since they first aired. Production photos,press photos,magazine shoots,personal photos from ILM employees,and Lucasfilm employees. Just about anything starwars! I even have rare Ralph Mcquarrie sketches,and story boards!

Yes the underside of Red1 is dark grey, its almost like the forward section on the hull was masked off and shaded in!
You can see this in the Empire of dreams DVD too, so this pattern at least applies to the pyro!

lee

It's the hero too - I just watched the original 1977 cut today - there are a number of shots of Red Leader that are not in the special edition. The underside of Red 1 can clearly be seen at 103 minutes when it dives toward the Death Star.

I don't want to speak for Gene, but he knows these guys, so I'm guessing he knows who they are because he knows them.

So your pics that "NO-ONE" has ever seen... looking forward to seeing them.

Post 'em.

What was your source,memory,or reference? Sorry,I shouldn't have been so non descript in the contest post! I meant to say that I have lots of old behind the scenes photos that haven't seen the light of day in over thirty years! Ever wonder what happened to the Millenium Falcon set,or the X-wing fighter that Luke sat in? Things that NO-ONE on this forum has even seen! Photos from shows that haven't been seen since they first aired. Production photos,press photos,magazine shoots,personal photos from ILM employees,and Lucasfilm employees. Just about anything starwars! I even have rare Ralph Mcquarrie sketches,and story boards!

Me three.....:thumbsup

While we are waiting here's another one from my personal collection. Unpublished original photo of the Death Star Trench.

trench6.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back