ILM X-wing photos

whne I was reading it, I glanced at the pic, I thought ooo! which one is this? and saw the red 1 markings and thought huh? Knew I had to run it by you guys. It doesnt seem altered. And it's funny they didn't use your typical x-wing pic that is probably saved in their 'frequently used images "file.

You have a PM incoming.

Edit- Got the pic, thanks and here it is.

red1xwing.jpg

OK! I see you beat me to Robi! This obviously has been photoshopped,as the picture is backwards! The repair panel is on the wrong side,as this is red 2 with red leaders' markings! Plus,one of the fins on the port(left)engine intake is missing! Unless this is a later model!

Last edited:
That is the pic of blue leader, which was changed to red 2 and it is flip flopped, and someone photoshopped the red in it, yeah i have this issue too, lol!

Here're a couple more pics that I found in the archives that I thought I'd share before I forgot them again!

Attachments

• blue4compressedlz0.jpg
    blue4compressedlz0.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2,886
Thank you Colin and Newbie for sharing these great photos. Its just amazing how the Red 5 model, that destroyed the death star, was never preserved. Instead it was taken apart in replacing other X Wings.

Here're a couple more pics that I found in the archives that I thought I'd share before I forgot them again!

Always nice to see ILM X-Wings with wonky guns - redeems my V3 guns, which are a bit on the bent side!

Here's another photo. Somewhat odd, this. Seems to be a composite publicity photo of Luke going to Dagobah. But the composition and tones make it look like a badly matted frame of film. Found it in an old SW mag. Actually it's great ref for determining the exact height the two large R2-strip detail masses protrude above the plane of the fuselage roof. Something I've been musing on with my V3...

Last edited:
Here's a better version of that pic. And another one for the pile. Can anyone identify ALL the people in this photo - WITHOUT looking in a magazine,any reference or making up names. IF anyone can,including all you self proclaimed know it alls' - I'll let you have my entire starwars collection! And,it's HUGE!!!!! Contest ends on February 1st at midnight. All names must be in correct order(left to right). All wrong guesses are immidiately disqualified! Good luck!;)

Last edited:
Here's a better version of that pic. And another one for the pile. Can anyone identify ALL the people in this photo - WITHOUT looking in a magazine,any reference or making up names. IF anyone can,including all you self proclaimed know it alls' - I'll let you have my entire starwars collection! And,it's HUGE!!!!! Contest ends on February 1st at midnight. All names must be in correct order(left to right). All wrong guesses are immidiately disqualified! Good luck!;)

L-R: Paul Huston, Jon Erland, Dave Jones, Steve Gawley (in back), Dave Beasley, Lorne Peterson.

For Bonus points, the guy that is cropped out of the photo on the left is Joe Johnston. Shortly before (or after) this photo was taken, John Dykstra had his photo taken at the same table.

Gene

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back