Need help with my new Studio Scale X wing

nigeltaylor1971

I picked this up at my local auction. I won't say how much i payed as must reading this would die.
Yes it's in a bit of a state. And I'm going to have my work cutout getting it back together. But I photographed i pieces so it my help someone identify exact model.
Anyway I'm hoping someone might be able to share a little info on
20231215_192521.jpg
20231215_192633.jpg
20231215_192531.jpg
20231215_192535.jpg
20231215_192545.jpg
exactly what I have. As I know there are quite a few different studio models out there. Just this has a 1996 lucosfilm ltd copyright.

It’s an Icons model. They were made in the late 1990s (1999, I think).

They had a tendency to warp. Especially the wings.

Years ago I restored one of those. The wings were horribly warped. I replaced them with a new set of wings and repainted the model. I tried to use the same ‘flavor’ as the original paint job, but less weathering.
The original model was very heavily ‘weathered’ with a mist of black spray paint.

I gave it as a gift to a very close friend of mine.
photo jul 23, 07 39 10.jpeg
photo jul 08, 12 31 44.jpeg
photo jul 23, 07 40 19.jpeg

Last edited:
Remove the old glue, glue back on the wings, put a bit of filler on then repaint and you have a finished model. Out of curiosity, how much did you get it for? Send me a PM if you don't want to post for all to see.

TazMan2000

Remove the old glue, glue back on the wings, put a bit of filler on then repaint and you have a finished model. Out of curiosity, how much did you get it for? Send me a PM if you don't want to post for all to see.

TazMan2000
Thanks for the info it's been very

TazMan2000

TazMan2000
Thanks for the info it's been very helpful.yes the wings are a little bent. But nothing that can't be sorted. There are a couple of small parts missing. I'm having those scanned and printed this weekend. Real pity it's not on a stand. I don't suppose you know were I might find one.
I picked it to last night at a local general auction along with a boda fett helmet for £32. So £16 each.20231216_001901.jpg

If you want to make it a smidge closer to how it looked "as built", I think I got close!

the area behind the canopy on the starboard side is almost never done right - the grey has orange-ish chipping. until recently it was an area most people had no solid reference for so it was best guess.

Thanks for the info it's been very helpful.yes the wings are a little bent. But nothing that can't be sorted. There are a couple of small parts missing. I'm having those scanned and printed this weekend. Real pity it's not on a stand. I don't suppose you know were I might find one.
I picked it to last night at a local general auction along with a boda fett helmet for £32. So £16 each.View attachment 1770221
Depending on the parts you need, I could send you some resin castings, if you want.

If you want to make it a smidge closer to how it looked "as built", I think I got close!

the area behind the canopy on the starboard side is almost never done right - the grey has orange-ish chipping. until recently it was an area most people had no solid reference for so it was best guess.
Thanks I think I'm going to try and keep it as original as possible. There is a thing with old stuff. That it's never perfect but still amazing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back